on my OM1P i turned on all services except airmon-ng, after a few hours i went to check on it and it looks like it rebooted itself, now just running karma and urlsnarf, will post as i test, urlsnarf still will reboot the Fon2100 since it runs out of RAM. going to vegas for the weekend and i plan to bring my OM1P, 3201A and 2201 for testing, maybe the 2100 too, cant wait to see the airport results tonight
Update: after turning karmer and urlsnarf on i can no longer access the web interface, its still on, per the code the wifi light is on so karma must be on, will try a power cycle and see what happens
Update: currently trying a 3201A, going to start the services karma and urlsnarf and let it run for a few hours.
Update: i to only see data in the ARP and DHCP logging section, nothing else, this happens on all my devices i test, 2100 A/B/C, 2100 D/F, OP3201A, OM1P, 2201, and my 2202.
Update: have an Open Mesh 3201A fired up, one weird thing is that this out of all my devices responds the quickest and seems to work the best even though my OM1P has better HW, have the following services up Karma, URLSnarf and NGrep, no data showing in both but i did just fire them up and connect the pineapple to internet, will check the data in about 30min or so and also to see if i ran into the same issues as last night, as far as the different range of IP on the internet SSID, i thought that was intended and a good idea so no one could access the interface at all, but i do understand how it could be useful, with the non karma SSID, pineapple, i can access the interface and get my services started
Update: had my 3201A MK3 crash and had to power cycle, same happened to my OM1P, services running were karma, ngrep and urlsnarf, after reboot ran just karma and ngrep and after a few clients connecting it started to lag and almost crash if i didnt stop ngrep, now its running as normal with just karma, per the data and logs it looks like ngrep running is causing the router to crash and freeze up, but resources are not running out since it doesnt reboot itself, now trying karma and urlsnarf
Update: nope, karma just died, it looks like urlsnarf is causing the problem, retrying karma and ngrep again, even though no data shows for ngrep, this crash took only a few minutes.
Update: narrowed down the reboot cause, if i plug any of the MK3 routers directly into a switch/router to give it internet it causes the reboot, if i leave it unplugged it stays up and catches clients, have been watching it since the last update. I have not tried the normal way to give it internet via connection sharing, will try that tonight in the airport and post the results...
Update: added a GPIO script i created so i can see if wifi is on regardless if Karma is started to see what happens after it crashes, so far it works on boot
Update: while at my hotel i put up a 3201A Open Mesh MK3, just started Karma and URLSnarf, when i got back All services where off, but the interface was still enabled.
Note: usually when i start karma and when it switches to the karma SSID and i connect it issues a IP other then the non Karma SSID 172.16.42.XXX, now with Karma running when i connect to SSID internet i still get the 172.16.42.XXX IP and can connect to the pineapple web interface, i am using my linux laptop vs the Winblows 7 laptop i used before to admin the pineapple. Can anyone confirm this IP issued?
Update From Weekend: i used one specific pineapple all weekend while at the airport twice and while at my hotel, the weirdest thing that happened was that while leaving it running for two days if i didnt stay connected via cable it would i believe reboot, i didnt get to check uptime, if i didnt stay connected or connect via wirless when i came back at the least 2 hours later it would show all services off including karma. so i now have a router with great logs and other info to possibly identify any issues during a 2-3 day runtime. other then the possible reboot all services ran, but i never saw any data in the Ngrep, URLSnarf log areas, NGrep is a known issue and URLSnarf i didnt run/try prior to 1.9 so it could have worked previously.