Most Disgusting Pc Pic Competition

abferm

I service Government computers and at one time before, I came across a PC that looked almost like the one in the pictures from below.

ventblockers_case.jpg

ventblockers_encrustation.jpg

ventblockers_dust_montage.jpg

(DISCLAIMER)

The above images have been taken from this URL

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/13/ventblockers/

Edited by Infiltrator

I service Government computers and at one time before, I came across a PC that looked almost like the one in the pictures from below.

(DISCLAIMER)

The above images have been taken from this URL

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/13/ventblockers/

Ewww! Those are so gross!

I wonder how much of a performance increase did cleaning them up make :P

In the case of the smoker's computer, it was too late to see. The nicotine had clumped the dust in the processor's heat sink, causing it to overheat and die :( . It is very hard to clean computers like this one when they come in. The nicotine and tar from cigaret smoke make a gummy mess that attracts dust and doesn't let go. We can't just blow them out with an air compressor like we do with the ones that are full of dust and/or roaches( :o Yes, people have brought in computers infested with roaches).

Edited by abferm

great thread btw ... my dads pc kept crashing @ his office (old machine win 3.11) i decided to take a look inside and could not believe the pc hadn't set on fire or blown up there was an incredible amount of crap in there .... so much so it was causing the hardware to fail ... i cleaned it up powered it back on and hey presto all was good :)

next time i get a wrong en ill take some pics :D