a father very stupid when it comes to computers

crimson.acid

Yeah someone posted that on the LiH forums a week or two ago... that's been around for ages (2002 by the date in the link)...

If that is real (and knowing some of the people I know I could easily see it being real) then it certainly should be torn off the web never to be seen again... you'd be amazed at how many parents would read an believe that... which is why even if it's a joke it sucks...

Other than that, it just makes me sick to believe that some parents can be that ignorant and cock-sure at the same time (even, once again, if this is a joke...)

Yeah someone posted that on the LiH forums a week or two ago... that's been around for ages (2002 by the date in the link)...

If that is real (and knowing some of the people I know I could easily see it being real) then it certainly should be torn off the web never to be seen again... you'd be amazed at how many parents would read an believe that... which is why even if it's a joke it sucks...

Other than that, it just makes me sick to believe that some parents can be that ignorant and cock-sure at the same time (even, once again, if this is a joke...)

I'm pretty sure AMD can now be shown to be a legitimate company, AOL is losing market share rapidly, and fortune 500 companies are moving to Linux... if anyone is told that AND still believes that crap... well.. I feel sorry for their kids.

Guest zacharygriggs

its all a ploy by compaq

"AMD is a cheap nockoff of American Proccessors" AMD was started with the permission of intel to build cheaper intel chips. not sure but i think that is true.

"AMD is a cheap nockoff of American Proccessors" AMD was started with the permission of intel to build cheaper intel chips. not sure but i think that is true.

Err, no. AMD have never made Intel chips and they didn't and wouldn't need permission from Intel to start up.

hehe, that thing makes me laugh, but if it is true, it kinda makes me want to hit the father and call him a dumbfuck. Cause as moonlit said, some people could beilve that stuff. Cause not every kid has a parent who does a little research to see that most of the stuff in there is not correct.

• 4 months later...

WOW!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: the drunken overlord andd supreme master harrison gaced me with a post on my thread..... lol. As a teenager myself(this has nothing to do with my true computer abilities and if you think it does, you can blow off), I feel bad for this other kid. But on the subject of the authenticity of this post, it doesn't sound like a hoax. But if it is, theres going to be plenty of parents who believe this.

ancient ...

Your son will probably try to install some hacker software. He may attempt to conceal the presence of the software in some way, but you can usually find any new programs by reading through the programs listed under "Install/Remove Programs"

wow wot a intelligent guy :lol: the wouldn't be any hacker tools that dont need to be installed would there ? especially not commandline one's ! XD

Popular hacker software includes "Comet Cursor", "Bonzi Buddy" and "Flash".

yep he's a hacker allright XD , he knows how to install asware and spyware :lol::lol::lol: (teh 1st and 2nd contained a lot of spy and adware ...)

The best option is to confront your son with the evidence, and force him to remove the offending programs. He will probably try to install the software again, but you will be able to tell that this is happening, if your machine offers to "download" one of the hacker applications. If this happens, it is time to give your son a stern talking to, and possibly consider punishing him with a grounding.
well at least he tells the kid to remove the previously mentioned spyware XD