Recommended Keyloggers.

screw_ball69

The peak of undetectability, at least in software. The USB ones can be detected more easily. Obviously both fail if people see them, so put them on the end of a PS2 or USB extension that is the same colour as the keyboards and let the key logger hang behind the desk or under the computer or some where that people won't look for 'computer won't turn on' issues.

Are there any good software keyloggers?

the PS2 ones look like they would be perfect, just need to poke around check prices in Canadian dollars.

Edit: I guess since i am installing it on my own comptuer I know its there so its no big deal if its detectable by AV since I can work around that classically it only needs to be undetectable by anyone that isn't out right looking for it.

If you are worried about someone with remote access using the computer in question then obviously a software keylogger will be more appropriate. Hardware keyloggers tend to be more expensive and easily noticeable (if the person moves the computer around a lot or the back is open and can be eyed easily). If I were you I would go with a software keylogger.. or set up another PC that has exploited the target PC and is running a software keylogger but that is a little more complicated.

If you are worried about someone with remote access using the computer in question then obviously a software keylogger will be more appropriate. Hardware keyloggers tend to be more expensive and easily noticeable (if the person moves the computer around a lot or the back is open and can be eyed easily). If I were you I would go with a software keylogger.. or set up another PC that has exploited the target PC and is running a software keylogger but that is a little more complicated.

what would you recommend for software key loggers?

First off, I don't care what you use it for. Hack The Planet or whatever floats your boat.

I suggest looking on SourceForge, Google Code, etc.

I found this one real quick on Google Code:

http://code.google.com/p/freelogger/

One known issue is it doesn't capture special characters correctly. So instead of seeing ! you just see 1. Shift plus a key isn't handled properly.

Anyway, i like being able to download the code myself if I like. Could it still include some nefarious shit? Ya. But it makes me feel better on the inside.

Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Due to the Hak5 forum rules I can't say it out loud, but the http://www.hackforums.net will have what you are looking for.

• 1 year later...

mac keylogger is cool,I have used it to monitor my little brother using the internet,you can give it a try.

I know of Myjad keylogger apps. It is a trustful and professional computer activity monitoring program which empowers you to observe, supervise, monitor and spy all sorts of computer activities in the background without being discovered by the users.

Keylogger is also available for download.

http://www.myjad.com/downloads/keylogger-pro.exe

20130814042720_27674.jpg

Edited by millerbell

go check out irongeeks page he has a keylogger code that he posted to his page he also has hardware reviews on some of the hardware dongles that capture keystrokes you can also find code examples in the unoffical guide to ethical hacking second edition its by ankit fadia and put out by thomson course technology isbn number is 1-59863-062-8

you should probaly be able to find a keylogger in kali distro tools as well

• 4 weeks later...

I like this one for demos. It works pretty seamlessly and doesn't get flagged by AV. Also it is not malicious (if you looked for it you could find it) however I suppose you could make it masquerade as a legit plugin

https://github.com/S489/gumshoe

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'ld recommend the Ardamax Keylogger and a hex editor you can manipulate a few things and make it undetectable. Plus newer versions have a built in FTP uploader/downloader option very handy indeed.. Worst case use armadillo on any old keylogger and you can make it undetectable

• 2 months later...

There are lots of keylogger if u want more advanced and good for emailing and stuff "Allspy" keylogger is nice and its a payed version and it have pretty nice features. Don't want software keyloggers there are hardware keyloggers which have USB to USB and even USB to PS/2 adaptor its not visible if the person doesn't look behind the case but for best keylogging I recommand the hardware one.

While I was researching I found thishttp://wellresearchedreviews.com/keylogger-software-reviews.html?gclid=CNOWxMnxvb8CFUwV7AodDlAAQw

Since you said that you don't mind spending money the top rated keylogger is 100$

And with some Ducky Script I bet that you could put it on a Ducky!!! I don't know how you would do that but I'll try to write it and if I'm sucsessful i'll post it!