Description of you.

metatron

So I made a comment about a guy podcast on a forum and I’ve had some issues with this guy in the past and he sent me a threatening email (bad idea).

So after running some background checks on him and I did a few things to piss him off (I won’t go into them as they could get me in trouble), this is what he said about me “People like me go out and do things, you sit behind a computer and wreak havoc on other people's lives.†I thought that was one of the best descriptions of me I have ever read.

What is the best or funniest description of you?

From wikipedia:

Darren Kitchen is an IPTV pioneer, and releases one of the most popular IPTV shows on the internet, Hak.5.

ROFL!

1. I'm no pioneer

2. Hak.5 isn't one of the most popular IPTV shows on the net. Top 100 at best. iTunes currently has us at #30 in technology.

"Christopher is an incredibly smart child who refuses to apply himself to anything. He understands concepts that many of his peers will never and yet I can’t get him to do his homework, answer problems on the board nor take my tests seriously. He believes school is a joke and that he's beyond it.â€

- Practically every one of my high (and some middle) school teachers’ spiel they gave my mother at parent teacher conferences.

And yes, elementary, middle and high school was a joke.

"Trish seems like a really good kid, she just never applys herself she thinks she knows what im teaching about the office programs, if this was so she would have a better grade. She tends to act out and be very disrespectful. If she showed up to class more often she might get better grades also if she finds an error with my teaching I'd appreciate it if she didn't point it out in a disrepecful way."

Well yea, this was said on the phone, my mom laughed, this was from my computer teacher this past year. and i did know what she was teaching about the office programs....she was annoying.

"Trish seems like a really good kid, she just never applys herself she thinks she knows what im teaching about the office programs, if this was so she would have a better grade. She tends to act out and be very disrespectful. If she showed up to class more often she might get better grades also if she finds an error with my teaching I'd appreciate it if she didn't point it out in a disrepecful way."

Well yea, this was said on the phone, my mom laughed, this was from my computer teacher this past year. and i did know what she was teaching about the office programs....she was annoying.

LoL...Yah...nice one...

For me.....urm....

oooh i think i know...

From my teacher this last year....

"Andrew was like he wasnt there in class when he came he slept.Other then his Great Class discussions and The time at the End of the Year when the computer systems crashed and he fixed the printers in my class and Pulled off Fixing the whole end of the year DVD and burning 100 copys of it in one night."

I really did love that teacher...

You may have known everything she was teaching the "Class" and more - I've no idea wether you were disrespectful in the way you pointed out mistakes your teacher made but from the sound of your attitude to the class it sounds like you need a reality check about what school is about. Maybe you should have shown a bit more maturity and aced this class without breaking a sweat and then had a quiet word with someone along the lines of - "I've gone well beyond the level of this course . can I take the exams/assessments for it now and then use my time more profitably on other things?"

"Tom's the type of technical person you should cherish. His level of technical expertise and drive for perfection is invaluable to a company like yours. The biggest issue for you will be if you're able to find enough sufficiently interesting work to keep him around."

This was from an outsider talking to my HRM. Particularly that last line was spot-on.

You may have known everything she was teaching the "Class" and more - I've no idea wether you were disrespectful in the way you pointed out mistakes your teacher made but from the sound of your attitude to the class it sounds like you need a reality check about what school is about. Maybe you should have shown a bit more maturity and aced this class without breaking a sweat and then had a quiet word with someone along the lines of - "I've gone well beyond the level of this course . can I take the exams/assessments for it now and then use my time more profitably on other things?"

Maybe i should have been nicer but i dont need a lecture about it plus if you wrong me first i wrong you back depending on what it is and the teacher was a compleate ass. and also the thing about the school i wa at they dont give about you, they want their money and thats it. And honestly i dont want to be in school, i dont care about it adn would drop out but my reasons for not are personel.

"Louis has worked well this semester without really extending himself. He needs to adapt to a more self-disciplined approach to his classroom activity and take responsibility for ensuring that he stays on task. In class he is generally cooperative and attentive but needs to view the computer as a tool to be used for class work, rather than a toy or communication device."

Lets translate this. *Louis is lucky that he passes(with flying colours) for the amount of bludgeing he does (generally playing games and talking). He also talks alot generally about the weekend coming or the one that just finished. I suspect he is using the computers to abuse a monitoring system installed and annoy fellow class mates and teachers. It is rumoured that he loaded several games onto network drives under other users id's and removing rights from anyone to edit/delete the files. This in turn caused the whole productivity of the student body to drop to nothing and made the network run at a crawl. He is hard to accuse anything of as he does not appear to act the geek and plays stupid very well. I also wish Louis and the whole class would get off my back for being a kiwi.*

Truth be told that isnt really me but for that class yeh thats how i am. There is a kid there that thinks he is a "geek" i dunno why you would think you are one well he had a nice surpise when his user was picked up loading a few games onto network drives. ;)

But something the puts me really well would be. "Lou is not afraid to stand up and speak his mind and worry about consiquences later. He works well when he knows the end result will have some worth. He is also keen to own a 1968 HOLDEN MONARO HK GTS (327 (5.4) Chevrolet V8 )."

BTW school is a great way to see mates everyday only thing that really keeps me there.

ah i just left school =(

college it is! (english college)

i played stupid when i got in trouble with the computers too =D

my school thought i had all this knowlege and talent but i was too lazy to use it.

meh school was shite but ok i suppose. seein all ur friends n things was good

Really would love to see how some people would turn out if there was no school at all . Teachers have a hard job these days and I for one would not do it now. Yes obviously there are some who are not up to it but hey -learn to live with it cos it will happen when you get out into the real world as well.

ps:Kainchick - really wasn't meant as a lecture and if you thought that was a lecture you obviously have been skipping a lot of school :P

I think the teachers only have a problem because in a lot of cases they're forced to lump everyone together and teach a universal program gear towards a broad range of inteligence. In the UK, is very rare to be held back a grade, so you cannot fail a year, and be forced to retake it until you demonstrate a acceptable level of understanding. So your put into a situation where your not capable of following the leassons. And then people wonder why they act up in class. At the other end of the scale you have people who are held back by the system, get bored because the 3 month leason plan took them a week, and start testing there enviroment. And stuck in the middle are the people who cannot follow the leassons because there surronded by morons, and geeks messing around and pissing the teacher off.

They really should bring back streamlined schools, with set similar aptitude based classes, mid term and end of year exams and summer school. They should also bring in more vocational courses at an earlyer age, as some people are just clear not suited for academic work.

I agree with you two, VaKo and tabath, But I only wish that teacher's would take a second to examine the 'trouble' students more carefully and try to understand why they are acting as they are. Yes, some do have problems like ADD and some just don't care. But the others, the ones who look like misfits but in reality already understand everything being discussed in class and would rather spend their time learning more interesting material.

I was one of these kids and because a few of my teachers didn't take the time to ask me why I didn't do my homework and instead sent me to the principal's office: I was labled a troubled kid for so long. I got good grades, I never failed a class. I just never spent my precious time labeling a map of South America for Geography class or read a chapter about the Vietnam war for a worksheet because I had better things to do with my time.

I believe the american public school system has become erroded and increadibly underfunded (I can't say anything about England or anywhere else as I've never been there).

I guess it's a bad sign when a government would rather spend 50+ million dollars on a new fighter jet when that same amount could have build seven new inner-city schools.

They really should bring back streamlined schools, with set similar aptitude based classes, mid term and end of year exams and summer school. They should also bring in more vocational courses at an earlyer age, as some people are just clear not suited for academic work.

Amen

ps:Kainchick - really wasn't meant as a lecture and if you thought that was a lecture you obviously have been skipping a lot of school :P

lol i dont skip school, and i pay attention in the classes i need, the school district i am in isnt very good so, alot of fights and stuff at the highschool so its really rare we learn something in class. For example in english class we didnt learn anything because this one girl (not me for once) would get in argurments with the teacher because she tried to teach us something , and followed the rules. so until she moved, it was pretty much a bitch fight in class to learn something. and our lectures at school(if we get them) are pretty much something projected on the screen and the teachers going read this....everyone done? okay good

I gotta say though even as a geek in school I almost joined the 'couldn't care less' crowd as a temporary alliance during lessons purely because I got so damn bored with not learning anything that I perceived to be worthwhile... Maybe I shouldn't have, but at the time I had to find some way to stay amused...

Along the lines of America I hear'd someone say this today (and it's so true)

'It's a third world country inside a first world country'

Something along those lines it was and I thought how sadly true.

Too much budgeting and privatisation (Damed IMF/World Bank A$$es) in the UK schools usedto be better organised to get people interested and working to their level... now it's like a McDonalds resturant everyone gets the kids meal and goes hungry unless they can afford better.

Privitisation = Country goes to shit :(

Oh but it makes the market place more competitive and improves best value, no it stagnates and cuts back - but it does make for lovely backhanders though LMAO

Edit last thing... I have had a feeling for along time that education has stagnated and is being very limited as to what it's alowed to teach/show (limited as in hasn't changed in years)

Nah... we just need a decent balance of national and private sectors. Something along the lines of the gov. providing a basic service in most fields, but private industrys being able to offer there own alongside. IE the gov provides a 512kb connection to every house. This is free/paid for by tax. If you want you can pay for a faster service, or a less restricted service, but that basic service is always there.

Same for medical care, always have a decent basic level of care provided, but you are able to choose from a range of private concerns, all regulated by a 3rd party.

Education should always be state provided, with the emphis being on state provision. It should be geared towards multiple aptitude levels being taught at there own level and pace, and include vocation and academic training and a system that streams students towards the areas they excell in. Education should be mandatory until 18. There should also be 2 years nation service between the ages on 18 & 20, again geared towards the students skill set. This is mandatory, and after this is done you are able to vote etc.

In an age where robotics will soon be taking most manual labour jobs, just like the simpsons says, we will need people to operate those robots. Western society cannot reliy on people being able to leave school at 16 with no qualifications and get a job moving heavy things for min wage.

Also, with inner city poverty a problem, why is it that when you treat someone like an animal, you are suprised when they behave like animals? You cannot expect social change in a society without a massive effort to induce one. And the key to changing a genorations lifestyle, is getting them young and indoctrinating them with the idea that education is important.

my school has stream lining(in maths(only 2 it classes so it wont work there)) it works but the marking system fucked me up.

knowledge A

communication C

problem slovling C

overall C

I needed 2 A's to get an A

but to get an A in problem solving you need 80% A's to get a B you need 65% B'sto get a C you need 50% C's

my marks(problem solving): AAAAAAAAAAACCCE

thats 75%+ A's but seeing as a had 0 B's the best i could get was a C

This then dropped me out of the top maths class MB1 down to MB5 the dumbass class.