Need Help, is there any good banner makers out there?

darkjoker

Need Help, is there any good banner makers out there?

I am currently making a website on squarespace and badly need a banner made. im no good at making banners and this is real important cause im starting a business and i don't like the plain text as my banner. so if there is anyone out there that could help i would be forever thankful.

the banner must say

Wolfmark Inc <--big text

Web Designer, You Want It We Can Make It!!! <--- smaller text

Thanx in advance

~Darkjoker~

im no good at banners that's why im asking in here cause ive seen some awesome work and thought someone could make a kool one for my site.

I'll even throw in a free website to the person that makes the banner i use.

do you know which image size in pixels you need, eg 768x90 or 300x90 with the last part being something simple and can be repeated for the width of the page using some css

remember when you make a banner, you don't want to make the common mistake of having a banner that takes a ton of vertical screen space

and if possible, you can use slices and make some parts of the banner jpg and other parts gif to get a good look while using the least amount of server space and bandwidth

the banner also needs to express what your design style is, unless you want to go with a abstract design (works for a basic banner buy it wont have the same meaning as a banner that expresses your visual style )

:) :)

example of a banner

banner1yay.jpg

banner2v.jpg

bannerdone2b.jpg

Im with shonen on this one. The biggest part of web design is graphics...

A big part is also e-commerce and security, but people often handle one part while working with others. Graphic Designers often only do the front end "gui" of the site, but often don't know shit abut the backend, like databse, apache and php hardening, etc. The ones that can do it all, are the ones making the big bucks, and don't ask for help with banners.

im no good at banners that's why im asking in here cause ive seen some awesome work and thought someone could make a kool one for my site.

Im with shonen on this one. The biggest part of web design is graphics...

Agreed, at your level no one cares about the code, if its standards compliant or not, the overall architecture or backend design (although these things should not be ignored, no matter what you are doing), and for the most part this is all covered by using a decent FOSS or commercial CMS. Your clients will care about how the site looks, and how it makes there business look. Image is everything in marketing, which is what a website is all about, selling whatever service or products they offer to there customers.

Your job will be managing the deployment, customization and maintenance (as per contract and SLAs - for the love of god, do not ignore this bit of things) of the site for the client. So you will need to sit down with Photoshop (or something similar, Photoshop is the industry standard however) and learn how to use it. Its not that hard to learn the technical side of things if you are diligent, but I will admit that the artistic side of things takes an eye for it you cannot just learn, this you have to develop over time.

If you cannot do graphical design work, you will not succeed as a one man website design shop. If this is the case your future lies in business application design.

Maybe my degree from the school of hard knocks is kicking in or something..

but you know what is smart? asking someone on a website like this to make you free banner ads and get a bunch for free.

I allready see 3 of them..

but yes, I agree.. if you are a web site designer you have to know atleast the basics of photoshop and gimp, I prefer photoshop.. also make sure you have good plugins (eyecandy) and fonts.. if you are good at webdesign but not graphics, try going to template monster, or getting premade web templates and if you know basic photo editing skills you can do pretty well..

Youtube has alot of good photoshop tutorials

Razor, looks like you did that guy a great favor.

Has he sent you even a thank you yet for your work?

Doing all that work for someone and not even getting a thank you sounds pretty dis-respectful to me. Possilbly an ass whoopping.

Razor, looks like you did that guy a great favor.

Has he sent you even a thank you yet for your work?

Doing all that work for someone and not even getting a thank you sounds pretty dis-respectful to me. Possilbly an ass whoopping.

I second that. Heck there are foss out there that can do a great job in just a few clicks. I'm not doing one for him..

I was away for a bit and haven't got to say thanx yet. so thank you both for making the banners. and about the other stuff i normally do the html and my uncle does the banner. but i like a lot of work you all do so i thought I'll ask here first.