(Pandora) Saver2

ZigZagJoe

Could you add hotkeys to rate the current song up or down? I love using PS while playing Age of Empires, but can't really Alt+Tab out easily. (Or are they there already?)

They are there already, go to the client's config and click on hotkeys. Click on the one you want to assign and press a key to use.

Update deployed.

Here's a link for mono users: http://zzj.itf-inc.com/s2/mono-saver2.zip

08/24/10: 1.3.1 build 814

This update brings fixes for a few different plugins, and massive compatability changes for SProxy/saver2. For the first time, saver2 runs natively under mono! Though, no client yet. An irc client for tech support has also been added; simply click Live Help on the main menu.

Pandora: Fix for removing badly rated songs from their associated station

Grooveshark: Fixed metadata sniffing (grooveshark updated their thing)

Grooveshark: crossdomain.xml will no longer be attempted to save

Saver2: Added an config option (advanced) to save album art as jpg rather than png

Saver2: Added a donation link on the main menu

Saver2: Added an update check on the main menu

Saver2: Nonvital updates will be prompted for even if disabled if the update is over 1 month newer than current version

Saver2: Updating disabled under linux

Saver2: Added an IRC client, wrote by me, for tech support.

Saver2: Some mild internal refactoring.

SProxy: Links to log/config should now work properly

SProxy: Duplicate launches will not keep their log file now.

SProxy: Added URLLaunchCmd for linux users; once set, it is the command used to open URL links from inside sproxy.

SProxy: IE proxies setting now disabled under linux

SProxy: The -wine, -compat, and -linux command line options are all now functional again (they do the same thing, enable compat mode)

SProxy: Added the -cl command line option to enter a sort of command line shell, for use under mono/wine. DOes not work under windows.

SProxy: Renamed Help to Documentation

SProxy: Version bump to 1.3

Installer: IRCHelp.exe added

URLLaunchCmd info for linux users:

For URLs to work, you will need to set 'URLLaunchCmd' to a sensible value.

%URL% must be present in the string; it's the URL we're attempting to open.

If running gnome, you might try setting it to 'gnome-open "%URL%"'

On debain, 'sensible-browser "%URL%"' should also work.

Most desktop managers also support using xdg-open ('xdg-open "%URL%"')

-- MONO readme:

To run on mono, it's highly reccomended to run it with the -cl argument to disable all UI. If you want to use the UI, pass -linux.

The pandora client is NOT supported, and will not be supported until a new native player is written for it.

To use the encoding features, you will need to replace mplayer.exe with a symlink to your mplayer binary, and lame.exe with lame.

Command line is basically a simple key/value editor: type help for more info.

If you are using the UI under mono, you should avoid advanced settings as it seems to crash mono often.

Installation:

Install mplayer:

try apt-get install mplayer on debian/ubuntu, or emerge mplayer for gentoo

failing that, compile sources available from http://mplayerhq.hu/

link mplayer executable to <installdir>/mplayer.exe

Install rtmpdump:

get source from http://rtmpdump.mplayerhq.hu/

compile, and link rtmpdump executable to <installdir>/rtmpdump.exe

(Optional) Install Lame:

get source from http://sourceforge.net/projects/lame/files/lame/

compile, and link lame executable to <installdir>/lame.exe

Run mono SProxy.exe (-cl|-linux), depending if you want command line or gui.

Just noticed i forgot to add the play.it plugin to the installer; this has been fixed and any people updating now/installing now will get it. If you updated with the 8/24 patch you will need to run the installer manually (or wait until the next update)

Oh, the client is officially one year old now, as of 12 years ago.

Edited by ZigZagJoe

Having a problem with the standalone client starting a few days ago. 2 problems actually; first, when starting the client I often get "Failed to execute XMLRPC | Failed to get stations" and clicking play will solve that. Just since yesterday I also find a stuttering after the first 10 seconds or so of a song and/or buffering takes a very long time or just stalls completely. Maybe Pandora has changed something? Nothing changed on my end - running XP,SP3 w/broadband.

Today it seems to be working fine. Perhaps Pandora was having a problem last night as their site was v-e-r-y slow. For future reference though, and please excuse my ignorance, how do I capture the log for the standalone client? I'm not using any proxies.

Today it seems to be working fine. Perhaps Pandora was having a problem last night as their site was v-e-r-y slow. For future reference though, and please excuse my ignorance, how do I capture the log for the standalone client? I'm not using any proxies.

It logs to C:\Documents and Settings\(user)\Application Data\PandoraClient\

Path will differ on vista... your best bet is to search for pclient.log in your user folder

Yeah, that's your connection (or their servers) being slow. It will be a little better handled with the new update, should be coming out tomos.

If it's a chronic problem edit __PandoraClient_PrecacheSz in adv. settings and double it. What that will do is cause it to buffer more before beginning playback, by default it does somewhere around 20 secounds worth.

Update deployed. There was about 1hr where the update was out but updating didnt work, this has been fixed. Internal irc may crash if you were one of the 4 or so who updated quickly, fixed now.

Thanks to those who donated.

Edit. Deployed another small update with increased log upload time + animated tray icon

08/30/10: 1.3.1 build 846

Lots of bugfixes, and small improvements. Also fixes a critical SProxy bug. The IRC client ("live help") and YouTube were heavily improved also.

If you want to come by to chat, that's fine, but opening and closing the live help is very, very annoying and as such a delay has been added to prevent this. Also, if you want to use it regularly, I would rather you open irc by using the start menu link rather than the live help button as that pings me.

The biggest news here is the enhanced duplicate detection for youtube, it allows a number of things:

1. Rename old files with new complete names

2. Rename files with html entities in their name

3. Detect duplicates with different names

4. Move duplicates from 2/3 into a subdirectory for deletion later

5. Prevent downloading of already existing files again, possibly with a different name

6. Rename m4v files from FLV extensions

It does however require time to scan your save folder; you can build it later but it is highly recomended to do it immediately. Time it takes depends on the size of your youtube directory and speed of your disk.

Client: Double-clicking on the progress bar results in a 10 second skip (beta feature)

Client: Buffer underflow should delay song ending now

Client: Fixed border on vista PCs using the classic interface

Client: Added minimize on the right click menu

Client: Added 10 second retry delay

Pandora: Songs which are moved from station to station will be added to the new station's playlist

IRC: Links will be highlighted and clickable

IRC: Added pasting

IRC: Added confirmation to log in when in help mode

IRC: Added colours

IRC: Window will flash when msg'd or highlighted

IRC: Added click and drag copy/paste

IRC: Consistancy UI upgrades.

IRC: Added several warnings and confirmations

IRC: Added log upload

IRC: Added scrolling with mouse wheel

Saver2: Added CLmode first start message

Saver2: Modified first start message for windows

Saver2: Fixed a problem with album art path handling

[CRITICAL] SProxy: Fixed an error in proxy settings handling: caused odd behavior with the chain setting

SProxy: Added log upload in web interface and file menu

SProxy: Added proxy availability check

SProxy: Fixed sanity check for proxy

SProxy: Fixed error with the /log command

SProxy: URLLaunchCmd supported under windows now. TODO: Investigate setting for FF portable.

SProxy: Added click and drag copy from IRC to log form

SProxy: Log viewer now has a scroll bar and a autoscroll checkbox, and supports scrolling by mouse wheel

SProxy: When launched from a different directory it will change CWD to the correct one (ie. starting in another folder has no affect, and it would crash before)

YouTube: Added enhanced duplicate detection/file processing

YouTube: m4v files will be saved correctly and even tagged

YouTube: Videos with embedding disabled will use a backup method to get metadata: ane xcept will not be thrown though these videos will not have artist available

Installer: Added YouTubeHashHelper to the installer (part of enhanced dup detection)

Installer: Fixed Saver.PlayIt not being removed properly

FLVAudioExtract: Added a "VSUM" method, which xors all the bytes from one video frame then concats them onto a string as a pair of hex digits and returns that at the end

To the guy who asked about repeat: Can't do this unfortunatly; URLs are consumed (by pandora) after use :/

Known bugs:

YouTube m4v files will be tagged with bogus genres, can't fix this.

Do NOT remove the YouTubeHashHelper exe, it's depended on by the youtube plugin

Edited by ZigZagJoe

Found a bug which caused the tray icon to only animate while the windows was not minimized - if you updated between release time and now and want the animated tray icon you need to update manually (ie. download and run the installer).

8D53cOT45WGaIP8h8l1II5bDDeNoQ5Gt.JPG

basically, the graph on the lower right of the main window turned vertical. Turns back to the normal icon while idle. Can be disabled by setting AnimatedIcon to false.

i love pandora saver and everything that has to do with this program so first of all i just wanted to thank you

i was wondering if there was anyway to force saving songs from pandora to 320kbps quality? everything it downloads stays at 128 even though i have it set to convert to 320 in the settings

i love pandora saver and everything that has to do with this program so first of all i just wanted to thank you

i was wondering if there was anyway to force saving songs from pandora to 320kbps quality? everything it downloads stays at 128 even though i have it set to convert to 320 in the settings

Glad to hear it, but;

Why would you want to do this? Converting the songs from 128kbs to 320kbs doesn't actually make the quality higher - so, if it's the same format, saver2 will skip re-encoding it. The best quality you can get from pandora is 192kbs mp3 if you are a pandora one subscriber.

I was just wondering 2 things, first off, how to get by Pandora's 10 song skip limit per hour, or is that for their web site only? Second, is this open source? I'd love to see the code to see how it works.

Thanks for making/updating it btw =P

I was just wondering 2 things, first off, how to get by Pandora's 10 song skip limit per hour, or is that for their web site only? Second, is this open source? I'd love to see the code to see how it works.

Thanks for making/updating it btw =P

It's for their website only; they built it as part of the flash client, there's nothing in the API about limits like that. My client just doesn't bother to care about them.

No, not open source at the moment.

It's for their website only; they built it as part of the flash client, there's nothing in the API about limits like that. My client just doesn't bother to care about them.

I was thinking that, since the desktop gadget for pandora seemed to not have a limit, but I wasn't sure.

Thanks