(Pandora) Saver2

ZigZagJoe

Looks like a value with a literal null value was added (to the settings) in the last patch, internal one used for the client, it causes an error on the sproxy page also. Woops.

But, why do you need to access toHtml? it was made internal in the working version (not released yet)

Glad to see that it was something simple. I don't need access to .toHTML() specifically, but I would like access to some function that prints all of the current settings to a string. I was object browsing and found toHTML() met my needs (enumerated all of the settings). Here's a snippet of my code:

public PandoraEx() : base()

{

. . . . basic startup stuff here . . ..

// start logging

LogIt("PandoraSaverEx init");

getAJAXAuthToken();

LogIt("Base Settings: " + Settings.toHTML());

LogIt("Pandora Settings: " + StatusRptHTML(), false);

// launch the helper

launch_helper();

}

BTW in my code, I keep my feedback (1 star to 5 star) plus the Pandora IDs for all the songs played in MP3 tags, so that I can play radio station DJ later. For example - I created a "female artist" station by copying all of the female lead songs from one directory to another. Then I manually create a Pandora station and have the helper send all of the feedback.

Yeah, I also resurrected Pandora's helper (I like it)

Thought you might like to know because it uses your software as a toolkit in a direction that (very likely) you never intended. But that's what good architecture does . . .

Here is a screen shot:

pandoraex.jpg

one more thing i forgot to ask , will the pandora be able to shuffle the station like pandora itself ?

oh ~ i'm a designer ~ look like there have someone having fun to designer the skin, can u tell me how? may be i can design some nice looking skin for the player ^^

one more thing i forgot to ask , will the pandora be able to shuffle the station like pandora itself ?

oh ~ i'm a designer ~ look like there have someone having fun to designer the skin, can u tell me how? may be i can design some nice looking skin for the player ^^

skin info: http://zzj.itf-inc.com/downloads/PCskininf.zip

Pressing the little button at lower left (the one with two arrows) enables shuffle, it causes the station to change every 4 songs. The button next to it repeats the current song endlessly until skipped or disabled.

I'm afraid that I'm having some issues with Grooveshark again... Playing songs is having no effect. I'll play a song and it will "load" forever and then I'll get the "Oops this song is not available"" or whatever from Grooveshark.

The songs load fine through Chrome.

Log: http://zzj.itf-inc.com/u/2e1e2067b6d

Edit: In this case, after getting the "Oops" message I tried again and it worked:

http://zzj.itf-inc.com/u/1a6813e1461

Do you know why it would work after waiting for the first oops message?

Edited by MaxRabbit

I'm afraid that I'm having some issues with Grooveshark again... Playing songs is having no effect. I'll play a song and it will "load" forever and then I'll get the "Oops this song is not available"" or whatever from Grooveshark.

The songs load fine through Chrome.

Log: http://zzj.itf-inc.com/u/2e1e2067b6d

Edit: In this case, after getting the "Oops" message I tried again and it worked:

http://zzj.itf-inc.com/u/1a6813e1461

Do you know why it would work after waiting for the first oops message?

Unable to replicate it here. You might try another song, it does that sometime.

I'm seeing getStreamKeyFromSongID but no follow up request...

Aha, the request timed out. Grooveshark made an oopsy. Or your internet.

Edited by ZigZagJoe

update dployed to fix versin changed

-----

10/7/2010 1.3.3 build 1104

Pandora version has incremented. You will need to log into pandora again, the first time after updating.

Props go to lizthegrey, lassiter, promyloph, and the rest of #saver2 at coldfront for reversing the keys.

Client: PROTOCOL VERSION INCREMENTED!

Client: The main window will no longer be placed offscreen, ever.

Client: Added message for bad IP with directions

Client: Will be brought to front if the button is clicked again while active

Client: Rebuffering % will now be displayed properly

Client: Added a log message for anon users

Client: Repeat hidden if output stage does not support seeks

Client: Fixed an error on exit

Client: Added a prompt for when pandora one expires, because music can't be played until user goes to pandora.com and fixes it

IRC: Cleaned source somewhat

IRC: Added periodic server pings to check for disconnect

Pandora: Fixed an error with flash client feedback urls

Grooveshark: Added writing to playlists

Saver2: Added a log message for what saver mode is enabled

SProxy: Fixed a problem with literal null values in settings and toHTML

SProxy: Increased log upload timeout

SProxy: Added more debug logging with debuglevel at 100

Documentation: Added a bit more to noobhelp.html

TODO:

Browser upgrade prompt

check country code in tor?

From "I think they changed the keys. . ."

Yes, they did.

Could you elaborate on this? In the current setup, the Sync request gives a unique security key that you send back in every request along with a timing interval. Has this mechanism changed? What did Pandora change that is breaking everything?

How could they change something like this and maintain backward compatibility? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. I own a WD HD TV Live Pro (physical device) that let's me play Pandora on my TV. I have used it every day this week without issue (no firmware updates) . If they changed the keys, wouldn't it break this device?

Just a little bit confused. . . And as always - LOVE the work that you are doing!

Great work as always. Question on the skins though(Pandora). I read the info in the zip file you referenced, I get how to make my own and deploy it. I cannot, however, get the included skins to apply. Did I miss something in the install, maybe? There are no skin files on my machine, but the previews show when I click "Reload". Says they are in pcclient-base, but I have no such directory.

Thanks!

Impressive speed on the version update. Sadly, my computer may be possessed, I may be retarded, or they may be another issue. I think we're all leaning towards option two, but one or three may be possible.

When I use just the standalone pandora client, here at work, it throws an error on authentication:

Esoteric error while authenticating:

org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x6) was found in the element content of the document.

I have no way of debugging what the actual XML error is here; any ideas as to what might be happening?

Ghosts, perhaps?

From "I think they changed the keys. . ."

Could you elaborate on this? In the current setup, the Sync request gives a unique security key that you send back in every request along with a timing interval. Has this mechanism changed? What did Pandora change that is breaking everything?

How could they change something like this and maintain backward compatibility? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. I own a WD HD TV Live Pro (physical device) that let's me play Pandora on my TV. I have used it every day this week without issue (no firmware updates) . If they changed the keys, wouldn't it break this device?

Just a little bit confused. . . And as always - LOVE the work that you are doing!

No, that's wrong; at least with the protocol used by the desktop one. They use two static keys for crypting the URLs and post data, and these are what changed.

The sync request returns an encrypted timestamp used for all further requests.

I suspect that the set up boxes use a separate protocol entirely, as well as the embedded apps, as they didn't have to update.

Great work as always. Question on the skins though(Pandora). I read the info in the zip file you referenced, I get how to make my own and deploy it. I cannot, however, get the included skins to apply. Did I miss something in the install, maybe? There are no skin files on my machine, but the previews show when I click "Reload". Says they are in pcclient-base, but I have no such directory.

Thanks!

"Reload" rescans the dat files (.skin) in the sproxy folder for new skins. To apply you have to hit OK or apply. If it persists, go to file-> upload log and paste it here.

also, Skinning will not work if you are under linux or have enabled the old-old UI (non-borderless window).

Impressive speed on the version update. Sadly, my computer may be possessed, I may be retarded, or they may be another issue. I think we're all leaning towards option two, but one or three may be possible.

When I use just the standalone pandora client, here at work, it throws an error on authentication:

Esoteric error while authenticating:

org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x6) was found in the element content of the document.

I have no way of debugging what the actual XML error is here; any ideas as to what might be happening?

Ghosts, perhaps?

The server returned a different error than i expected; to fix it, go into advanced settings and clear __PandoraClient_Username. The problem is, your login was encrypted with the old keys (and stored that way), but as those keys changed, the old ones are gibberish. I added a check to clear them automatically, but the server seems to return a different error sometimes. Sorry for the confusion.

Too bad but my "it" englobes much more, you goofball head!

35.gif

....k?

Edited by ZigZagJoe