(Pandora) Saver2

ZigZagJoe

Grooveshark has updated, old plugin does not sniff updated metadata but will use id3 tags correctly (thus saving should still be fine). Updated ad-busting also, and added a new plugin for batanga.com. Not going to deploy an update just yet as I'm expecting another service to update. If someone wants the beta, drop by IRC.

Edited by ZigZagJoe

Been trying to get the mono version running in linux without success; after I install mono, mplayer, and download the .exe verision of rtmpdump.exe (and place it in the mono-saver2 folder), I run mono SProxy.exe -linux, and I get the following error:

** (SProxy.exe:18760): WARNING **: The following assembly referenced from /home/rick/programs/mono-saver2/SProxy.exe could not be loaded:

Assembly: System.Windows.Forms (assemblyref_index=0)

Version: 2.0.0.0

Public Key: b77a5c561934e089

The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path listed in the MONO_PATH environment variable, or in the location of the executing assembly (/home/rick/programs/mono-saver2/).

** (SProxy.exe:18760): WARNING **: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Proxy.CORE' from assembly 'SProxy, Version=1.4.0.5707, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

if I run mono 'SProxy.exe -linux', I get this error:

The assembly mscorlib.dll was not found or could not be loaded.

It should have been installed in the `/usr/lib/mono/1.0/mscorlib.dll' director

Any Idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Been trying to get the mono version running in linux without success; after I install mono, mplayer, and download the .exe verision of rtmpdump.exe (and place it in the mono-saver2 folder), I run mono SProxy.exe -linux, and I get the following error:

** (SProxy.exe:18760): WARNING **: The following assembly referenced from /home/rick/programs/mono-saver2/SProxy.exe could not be loaded:

Assembly: System.Windows.Forms (assemblyref_index=0)

Version: 2.0.0.0

Public Key: b77a5c561934e089

The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path listed in the MONO_PATH environment variable, or in the location of the executing assembly (/home/rick/programs/mono-saver2/).

** (SProxy.exe:18760): WARNING **: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Proxy.CORE' from assembly 'SProxy, Version=1.4.0.5707, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

if I run mono 'SProxy.exe -linux', I get this error:

The assembly mscorlib.dll was not found or could not be loaded.

It should have been installed in the `/usr/lib/mono/1.0/mscorlib.dll' director

Any Idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

You don't have system.windows.forms installed - probably you used apt-get install mono. Will look up the specific package you need to get that library in a min.

This is my current list:

libmono-accessibility2.0-cil                    install
libmono-corlib1.0-cil                           install
libmono-corlib2.0-cil                           install
libmono-data-tds1.0-cil                         install
libmono-data-tds2.0-cil                         install
libmono-i18n1.0-cil                             install
libmono-i18n2.0-cil                             install
libmono-microsoft7.0-cil                        install
libmono-mozilla0.2-cil                          install
libmono-security1.0-cil                         install
libmono-security2.0-cil                         install
libmono-sharpzip0.84-cil                        install
libmono-sharpzip2.84-cil                        install
libmono-sqlite2.0-cil                           install
libmono-system-data1.0-cil                      install
libmono-system-data2.0-cil                      install
libmono-system-web1.0-cil                       install
libmono-system-web2.0-cil                       install
libmono-system1.0-cil                           install
libmono-system2.0-cil                           install
libmono-winforms2.0-cil                         install
libmono0                                        install
libmono1.0-cil                                  install
libmono2.0-cil                                  install
mono-common                                     install
mono-gac                                        install
mono-gmcs                                       install
mono-jit                                        install
mono-mjs                                        install
mono-runtime                                    install
mono-tools-devel                                install
mono-utils                                      install

libmono-winforms2.0-cil should be the one you need.

Edited by ZigZagJoe

Hey. Thanks for the awesome program. But...

When I stream songs from pandora and grooveshark they appear to be saved, but seem to be recordings of nothing.

That is to say that blank files are being made. Both mp3 and m4a files are like this. Windows media player refuses to even try opening the MP3s and VLC just plays X minuets of silence.

Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks!

P.S.

If this isn't the correct place to ask this, sorry.

It's still not showing up :( the other strange thing is that, when I enable it, and restart Saver2 it is disabled again. Any advice?

Woo for 1000 posts!

Sorry, I didn't see this post. It's supposed to mail me, but the hak5 forums have been buggy since the update. What is getting disabled again?

Hey. Thanks for the awesome program. But...

When I stream songs from pandora and grooveshark they appear to be saved, but seem to be recordings of nothing.

That is to say that blank files are being made. Both mp3 and m4a files are like this. Windows media player refuses to even try opening the MP3s and VLC just plays X minuets of silence.

Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks!

P.S.

If this isn't the correct place to ask this, sorry.

Upload a file somewhere (or send it to zigzagjoe AT gmail DOT com), and I will have a look.

www.deezer.com - no, they updated some time ago and it is not conducive for being saved from. in addition, very little music is actually available... grooveshark is better.

www.grooveshark.com - Yes. Turbo mode is also available.

www.jango.com - Can do. Probably will because the format is so bizarre.

www.musicme.com - Can't do, it uses RTMP for the streaming portions (seems to be mostly a pay site...)

Sidenote, rdio.com is not supported, forgot the specific reason. I was not impressed by it at any rate, recommend pandora/grooveshark instead.

Edited by ZigZagJoe

All right. I won't miss rdio.com considering one needs to open a 7 days free trial account to try it anyway, which leaves GrooveShark as far as i'm concerned.

I've stopped trying to use Pandora months ago because the TOR contraption required to access it outside USA keeps breaking off, i'll watch from time to time to

see what happens with Jango, hoping their music tags are done better than at GrooveShark... I can still rip from ShoutCast and IceCast using 'StreamTastic'

under Linux but i got a secondary PC where i can test 'Saver2' to follow its progression toward maturity. Keep it up, merry Christmass!

Sorry, I didn't see this post. It's supposed to mail me, but the hak5 forums have been buggy since the update. What is getting disabled again?

That's ok mate. The YouTube disables itself when I close Saver2 and relaunch it.

This is what I try:

Launch Saver2 with Opera.

Check both Saving of YouTube Videos and Save as MP3.

Load up YouTube video

No luck.

Erase cache, try again.

No luck.

Restart Saver2.

YouTube saving is disabled once more. Enable and repeat process.

I've checked the code, and I'm not seeing any mechanism through which the youtube enabled setting can be disabled programmatically (outside of user, unless you XXXXX

nevermind, figured it out. You need to tick both the enable saving videos from youtube and on the plugins page after that tick the checkbox next to youtube. The problem is that that plugins page (which handles enabled status like that) is overwriting what the youtube page was setting. Will remove the setting from the youtube page, as it probably never worked and is redundant. You probably installed when youtube being off was the default, and never tried to turn it on until recently.

File is fine. Verify your audio hardware is functioning (do you have mute on?) and mp3 codecs are working. Try playing it with mplayer located in the Saver2 install folder (drag and drop the file on mplayer.exe) - this should definitely work.

Also, good song.

Thanks for the help. It was my audio drivers. Couldn't play any music files at all it seems. Pandora and system sounds were fine though.

Thank you again for the awesome software!

I have an issue with the pandora saver on chrome. It doesnt list any songs under Song Management. I have the settings set up to add any song to the list, but i still hit thumbs up just in case. Nothing shows up at all. Is there any fix to this?

Make sure when you go to a website you see activity in the SProxy window. If you launched saver2 after you launched chrome, relaunch chrome. Google updated a while ago and chrome no longer respects the system message to reload proxy settings.

It showed connetions and saw activity. I am going to try reinstalling. Maybe my version didnt update right

Go to file->upload log and paste the url it gives you here. (also, this is easier if you click the live chat button...)

Edited by ZigZagJoe

Well, it had finished reinstalling by time I saw your message, but I think this may make a difference having this new one. The build date is 2 months later than my old one, so I must have missed an update xD

EDIT: btw, what live chat button?

EDIT2: Oh i see it on the saver thing xD

Edited by Cortal

Ah. Yeah, that would do it. The keys were out of date, so no files would match the URLs sniffed. Newer versions have a warning in the log for this or, if you use the standalone pandora client, tells you straight-out (because pandora won't accept the old keys). Is only a problem if the website is used.