Your top ten applications?

metatron

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OpenOffice is free and you don't need to pay for registration or a key,etc. Last time I checked, MSOffice was like anything else in windows. It phone's home and will report it when doing a WGA check. Also, I don't trust apps from torrents and warez sites unless I know someone or something about it.

1. Unstoppable Copier

:o

it's freeware?open source?

can u give me a link with informations about this.or a link to download if it's freeware?  8)

http://www.roadkil.net/unstopcp.html

OpenOffice is free and you don't need to pay for registration or a key,etc. Last time I checked, MSOffice was like anything else in windows. It phone's home and will report it when doing a WGA check. Also, I don't trust apps from torrents and warez sites unless I know someone or something about it.

And: Winners don't do warez. I actually own MS Office, and would love to make it portable.

And: Winners don't do warez. I actually own MS Office, and would love to make it portable.

As far as I know if you copy all the dll files linked to the programs to the main office folder and all linked apps to the same folder, they can e put on a cdrom, but I do not kno whow large the entire installation actually is, so I don't know what size card or thumbdrive you would put it on. I am sure that there is a way to do it with some searching on google, but most programs that isntall dll files into the system and system32 folder can be copied to the program folder and they will still run even when it is removed from the system folders. Not sure aout office, but people are doing it, so there has to be a workaround.

Portable MS Word would be an amazing project, probally violates the EULA or something, but if the police come looking for me, breaching a EULA will be the least of my problems.

Our good ol' VaKo wouldnt be up to anything illegal now would he? ;)

I actually own MS Office

BZZZZZRT! Sorry, nice try but no luck.

Microsoft owns MS Office. You, at best, have a valid licence to use MS Office. That's why, to Microsoft, you're a consumer rather than a customer. Actually, addict might be a better word, but their PR department probably recommended against using that word.

I actually own MS Office

BZZZZZRT! Sorry, nice try but no luck.

Microsoft owns MS Office. You, at best, have a valid licence to use MS Office. That's why, to Microsoft, you're a consumer rather than a customer. Actually, addict might be a better word, but their PR department probably recommended against using that word.

Sorry about that extremely technical error. I officially now state that I actually own a valid license to use MS Office. When would the word addict be applied to someone who uses MS Office?

When would the word addict be applied to someone who uses MS Office?

Because it costs money.

Because with out it you cannot function properly.

Because you keep going back for more despite the cost.

Strangely similar...

When would the word addict be applied to someone who uses MS Office?

Because it costs money.

Because with out it you cannot function properly.

Because you keep going back for more despite the cost.

Strangely similar...

I can function without it. OpenOffice is my friend. MS Office does not have an angry person that beats you up if you steal it. That's the main difference as I see it.

I can function without it. OpenOffice is my friend.

Cheaper drug that does a very similar thing, it's free :P

MS Office does not have an angry person that beats you up if you steal it. That's the main difference as I see it.

In this scenario the sock in is the other shoe, the law is on the side of the guy who is angry at you, they don't need to beat you up.

:) my top ten:

01. Internet Explorer

:) oh yea, IE > FF

PLEASE tell me you're at least using IE7! Otherwise needless to say you're screwing yourself over with malware for no good reason.

Anyway, my top ten would look something like this:

1. Firefox

2. Thunderbird

3. Steam

4. Windows Live Messenger 8.5 beta

5. iTunes

6. Media Player Classic+Combined Community Codec pack (it's like VLC, except it can competently play back .mkv x264 movies)

7. Photoshop CS3

8. 3dsmax 8

9. avast! antivirus

10. Ad-Aware

Honourable mentions:

-Media Center

-Halo 2 Vista

-Shadowrun

(I have Vista, I'm an achievement whore, and they were both already on sale for a ridiculous price)

• 2 months later...

I'll just list the apps in my Dock.

Chicken of the VNC

iProcrastinate

Twitterrific

Taco HTML Edit

Safari

Final Cut Pro

VMware Fuzion

VLC

Joost

iSerial Reader