I hate to profile, but Damn

2Tall4U

Four big guys profiling their big muscles walked up to me and asked me for some change, one of them sounded like as if he was also from my homeland, I had an expensive laptop in my backpack and I got scared, one of my family members bought me the laptop, but it was in my backpack

Does anyone else know of good ways to protect expensive gear?

Thank You

Four big guys profiling their big muscles walked up to me and asked me for some change, one of them sounded like as if he was also from my homeland, I had an expensive laptop in my backpack and I got scared, one of my family members bought me the laptop, but it was in my backpack

Does anyone else know of good ways to protect expensive gear?

Thank You

Um, why did you start a second thread about this topic. Is this even a serious question, or are you poking at Learnaseyego's post: http://hak5.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=11801

I think that questions about how to protect one's physical safety while not losing expensive equipment is important to everyone

True. I just wasn't sure if you were posting a legit topic or trying to cause trouble with a similar topic.

Title is pretty much the same...., the topic is oddly similar as well.

If four doods want something from you, they're going to get it one way or another. Mace, and Tae Kwon Doe?

Your best bet would be not to carry the computer with you. Next is to install of of those "tracker" things. If someone takes your laptop, the next time they connect to the web it reports it's location and will take a photo if you have a camera built in.

Last, BIOS/Firmware passwords, encrypted drive. I dunno.

Bring a .50 cal and then see if those infants still wants some change from you.

i cant belive i just wasted my time reading this thread and the other thread from Learnaseyego, this pisses me off.

i cant belive i just wasted my time reading this thread and the other thread from Learnaseyego, this pisses me off.

Let it go already, this is just getting sad

Go patch the holes in your girlfriend... re inflate her... and have at it... sounds like you need to get laid and I'm thinking that's your best chance.

Would somebody for the love of god lock this thread... it should have been locked a long time ago