Need some ideas to mod hte laptop!

Rain

I have a decked out thinkpad t60p! 2.4 GHZ 3 GB ram all the fun Intel virtual upgrades a ATI 5250 ATI mobility FireGL

Any ideas to mod

ANY part of it?

Its the lame black they all are

its Sweet but just lame looking and i got the 9cell so i am not afraid to add lights or do anything that takes more power!

Or any over clocking would be cool?

Yeah I would agree that good paint job would be best option if you haven't done any modding before and you can create quite amazing things just by painting it correctly ;)

I have a decked out thinkpad t60p! 2.4 GHZ 3 GB ram all the fun Intel virtual upgrades a ATI 5250 ATI mobility FireGL

Any ideas to mod

ANY part of it?

Its the lame black they all are

its Sweet but just lame looking and i got the 9cell so i am not afraid to add lights or do anything that takes more power!

Or any over clocking would be cool?

you probably haven't had many laptops before. after about a year or so your battery will start to lose steam, your charges will start getting shorter and shorter. most are around 300-400charges/discharge cycles before they start taking a shit on you. so while it may be all cool and blingy looking with lights and disco balls now, youre gonna hate it later when you can barely squeeze 25 min out of a full charge. my advice to you would be to call the company right before your warranty is up and tell them your ac adapter and battery arent working. and have them send you new ones and just never send the old ones back to them. that way youll have a backup. laptop batteries and power cords arent fucking cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

well, a cool little thing you could do to spruce it up, if you dont feel like spraypainting is some cool stickers, i mean you can support the cause here and get some hak5 stickers. I personally got a jinx sticker, cut off just the skull, and stuck it on my laptop. looks pretty cool. thought about putting duct tape on it to make stripes (sounds funny but looks pretty cool)

and the best thing about stickers and tape, if it looks retarded, take it off and try again! no worry about screwing up a design and then your stuck with it till you repaint it.

Well essentially you cant start cutting holes the thing and install plastic windows etc like normal case mods.

Think outside the square...think cars for example...a lot of people add wings, flares, body kits....AH HA a body kit for the laptop!!!

ok think of it this way...add some kind of molding to the outside of the laptop, some custom shapes etc...blend these in with body filler...a lot of sanding....painting etc be really tricky ...but yeah..

What if you say added molding to the laptop, for example and then cut a window in this and then place some fake circuitry with led's in that...giving the effect of exposed inner workings...you would prolly have to gut the thing first or seal it really well..

here's some links to modded laptops...not really what i was on about but it might give u an idea on external molding and painting.

http://gizmodo.com/352233/xbox-360-elite-laptop

http://pcrivals.com/9-extreme-laptop-mods-you-have-to-see/

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=122423

Maybe even say a piece of smoked acrylic with some designed etched or cut into it...running some leds connected internally sandwiched onto your laptop.

so there u go, some ideas.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

stickers are easy and lots of websites online will let you do case wrap stickers custom printed. Haven't looked for a long time but you can basically just do whatever design in gimp or pcs w/e and send them the png and they print it off and mail it to you pre-cut, then you just have to slap it on.

If I were going to pimp out my lappy It'd have lights and LOADS more internals, like wifi range extension mods, apple-esk keyboard underglow etc etc, and a much bigger battery. But I also could give 2 shits about warranty, I just can't own something for more than a month without opening it xD.