The danger of sandals

DingleBerries

So today, September 30, 2008, i didn't feel like wearing closed toed shoes.

I thought id just throw on my old $10usd pair of old plastic sandals and see how it goes.. I get to class.. Everything is ok... Take an exam and leave..

So i make it maybe a forth of the way back to my dorms, 100 yards, and BAM! them break...

I tried to be suave about it, i take the gum out of my mouth and try to McGyver a make shift bond between the broken hoop and the sole.. Shit. it didnt work...

so now I'm standing there, people are starting to stare and i hear snickering...are they talking about me? After about 5 mins of doing the invisible hula hoop dance i say fuck it and take off the other shoe and toss them..

I walked back to my dorms barefoot with my head held high admits a quad full of shoed individuals.

I hate walking around barefoot except inside a house or something. I would never go to a shopping centre or something like that arefoot. Make me feel like a bum.

i dont go anywhere (stores ect ect) barefoot. but just a walk(ie morning mile or so walks or something) or anywhere in my house or yard.

I had a friend in college who walked everywhere on campus barefoot... and he rode a unicycle to class barefoot too. :P

I had a friend in college who walked everywhere on campus barefoot... and he rode a unicycle to class barefoot too. :P

sounds like a guy after my own heart lmao

Do yourself a favor and spend a few extra dollars on a pair of Reef sandals, while your at it get the Calendar.. DAMN.

Crap, sidetracked again,... Where was I?

Oh, Reef Sandals, I bought a decent pair. They have lasted me a couple years now, and to say I have abused them is an understatement. Being in a drunken stupor is the best test on sandals. [X] Pass: with out fail, every time. They also managed pretty well the few times I went whitewater rafting. I made little leashes for them, tied to my ankles, so I wouldn't lose them when tossed overboard. I have also hiked in them. I had to hike about 5 miles, from a failed inter tubing experience. Not recommended, they pick up all sorts of stuff, but they lasted. I did manage to get a little blister too. :(

I suppose now that I have glorified them, they will break soon :(

Here's hoping for another few years!