Why have 2 forums?

sablefoxx

Why not have reivsion3.com/hak5 just link to the hak5.org forums, its not like this would be hard, and would help newcomers avoid confusion (plus i think these forums are superior to the rev3 ones). Currently there are two 401 trivia thred, one on each forum. Plus new topics maybe posted on one, and never make it to the other. Another benefit is that if someone watches an older show, they don't have to post a new thread on rev3 for a question already answered on the hak5.org forums.

Note: i started a similar thread on the Rev3 forums and it got deleted, WTF!

Yeah i say the same thing, i do not see a reason to have 2 forums, it would be the same as having 2 wiki's, i can understand having 2 websites because the show have joined rev3 but i do not see a problem whit just linking the rev3 forums to the hak5.org forums.

I look at it like this. And its just my opinion, but the Rev3 forums are for fans of Rev3 show, where as the Hak5 forums are for any fan of the show, regardless of their like/dislike of Rev3. Also, we can speak pretty much freely here on our own turf, as on Rev3, they are heavily moderated and most of what is spoken about on the Rev3 forums pertains JUST to the episodes and their networked shows. Here, we have a wide range of subject matter, and a lot of it has NOTHING to do with the show, but more about us, the community. I see no reason to merge the two, and have no problem with the other forum existing. If you can't sperate yourself from either in some way, then maybe that is why you feel this way, but I say let each have their own space, and it will help grow the community. People over at Rev3 are joining in on those forums who have never even heard of the show, so it's a good introduction for them to get their feet wet until they can come here(if they so choose to) and join in the rest of the shenanigans...

Rev 3 is entitled to have a hak forum. I won't be joing it but it is a gateway to the hak5 community ( or what reamains due to the bitching). Is anyone on here ever happy with the natural progression of the show?infuckingcredible

The rev3 hak5 forums will really be for noobies who have just come across hak5.

The main forums will be for the oldschool hardcore fans who made the show what it is today.

There we go :) Now less noobs

There we go :) Now less noobs

well noobs will still find their way here. but hopefully will learn more that way. this just adds a small barrier between the old skool community and the new skool