VaKo

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=JCbKv9yiLiQ

All I can say is "Fuck you, you money grabbing, whore of a cult"

Wish i could be there

you probley are going Sablefoxx your just saying that so you could walk passed all the other "anonymous" people without wearing a mask :shock:

hehe...  8-)

Can any thing 4chan 'says' or 'dose' be trusted?

All 4ch... I mean Anonymous needs to do is produce trust worth significant evidence of unlawfully conduct on the organizations part of scientology and they would be shutdown here in the England. They aren't a church, they aren't tax exempted, they are closer to a corporation than any thing else.

I don't think Anonymous thought it through any further than "lets piss them off", and I don't think it will stick longer than there attention to other memes. When Fox did there Internet Hate Machine hit piece, they promised to do something similar, but Fox is still broadcasting shite as I type. But, Scientology might just play into it and keep pouring fuel on the fire. All in all, there two well matched opponents, who will hopefully expend a lot of resources on what is essentially a fruitless battle.

As for Scientology's status as a religion in the UK, our dumb laws on religious tolerance*, hate crimes and political correctness (where saying "your wrong" is considered a legal matter, and not one of debate - see certain elements of Islam) may mean that attacking them in any fashion is likely to get you arrested. I don't care if they want to believe in that crap themselves, but charging money for acceptance and preying on weak people really annoys me. The fact that they setup shop outside the tube bombings really pisses me off. There use of celebrities to draw in other members and rinse them really pisses me off. There use of blatant intimidation and efforts to "destroy" people who disagree pisses me off. Yes, parallels to other religions can be drawn but I don't remember Islamic, Hindu or Christian missionaries attempting to sell salvation to anyone. There business model is closer to heroin dealers than anything else in my mind. I really hope Germany does take the stance of outlawing this dangerous cult.

*The irony of religious tolerance is that at the end of the day, a lot of faiths, if not all of them are going to wind up in the "Wrong!" camp.

Crazy:

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=pPol_m8wm8Y&NR=1

Of course they will always be wackos, but these wackos have lots of money which makes them extra dangerous

I don't think its possible for just Anonymous to stop scientology in its tracks (but i do hope that happens) but hopefully it will get to the point where they give up to some degree and get the fuck out of my tubez.

What I'm worried 'bout is the new slew of skiddies produced by this. I mean Anon & company practically spoonfed the tools to anyone asking

/from Digg's quotes..

what do you guys think?

Wheres a botnet when you need one...

There DDoS was lame, most of the sites that went "down" where behind firewalls that simply dropped traffic from those IP's involved. I spent a good part of last night working my way threw different irc channels talking to people involved, and the lack of technical expertise became rapidly apparent. It would have taken us much longer, but I think that we could have dealt with the attacks had the been directed here.

There DDoS was lame, most of the sites that went "down" where behind firewalls that simply dropped traffic from those IP's involved. I spent a good part of last night working my way threw different irc channels talking to people involved, and the lack of technical expertise became rapidly apparent. It would have taken us much longer, but I think that we could have dealt with the attacks had the been directed here.

Has anonymous every been anything but kids with access driver and metasploit?  I just hope this attracts more talented folks, that can do more damage.  Where is stormworm when you need it?  And even if thier firewall blocks the IPs it still has to say 'no' so if you have a big enough botnet it is still possible to take down the site (but you need alot more).

There seems to be word on the wire that last nights actions were part of a distraction tactic and other stuff was going on in the background. Why they didn't call in a few botnets to help is beyond me tbh. Although it could just be a publicity stunt. *chan is akin to multiple terrorist cells sometimes working in tandem, mostly its just chaos though.

@Vako

How do DDoS attacks work on sites behind firewalls.  Shouldn't a decent firewall block this?  My basic understanding of a DDoS attack is flooding the server with requests (such as the ping /t command).  Wouldn't a decent firewall block the ping requests?

How do DDoS attacks work on sites behind firewalls.  Shouldn't a decent firewall block this?  My basic understanding of a DDoS attack is flooding the server with requests (such as the ping /t command).  Wouldn't a decent firewall block the ping requests?

Firewalls can't stop what they don't know what to stop. All you can do is use a distrabuted router packet dropping system to aleviate the presure on the paticulare data center that the server that is under atack is stored in.

Basicly, it's near immpossible (unless you control every router on the Internet, and have several servers all over the planet that have the same internet IP address) to stop a DDoS atack that uses a simple flooding mechanisme.

Anny whoo, development of the histerical sort:

More coal on the fire, more steam in the engin, the faster it's going to crash and burn and become such a spectical.

[me=Sparda]cheers for Vako's prediction "Fire + Fire = The internet wins every time"[/me]