Pandora Timeshifting App: Main Discussion Thread

irieb

i found out in the log and with debugginf that while listening , at first only 1 file is created plugtmp-1 and if u look in the code in MP3Processor.java:

private static File[] getJoinedPandoraMp3FilesInDecendingOrder() throws IOException {

List<File> mp3s = new ArrayList<File>();

File tempDir = findTempDir();

joinMp3s(mp3s, tempDir);

File[] joinedMp3s = mp3s.toArray(new File[mp3s.size()]);

sortFilesByLastModified(joinedMp3s);

if (joinedMp3s.length < 2) {

throw new RuntimeException(ERR_TMP_NOT_FOUND);

}

return joinedMp3s;

}

u can see the bold line.

the condtion looks for twk mp3 file (4 times) and when it doesn't find it raises an error:

INFO Thread-2 server.Server - unable to rip MP3

java.lang.RuntimeException: unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a FIRFOX browser

at util.Mp3Processor.findCurrentTmpMp3(Mp3Processor.java:59)

at util.Mp3Processor.findCurrentMP3(Mp3Processor.java:25)

at servlet.ProcessAction.handleMP3Request(ProcessAction.java:31)

at server.Server.handleHTTPRequest(Server.java:110)

at server.Server.run(Server.java:83)

INFO Thread-2 server.Server - unable to rip MP3 unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a FIRFOX browser

not all the times 2 files are created, but i've seen many times that in the middle of the song 2 files are created, i dont know why, but this condition doesnt cover all cases.

also: if u look in DefaultProperties.java

u can see the line:

public static final String TMP_MP3_RETRY_COUNT = "tmp.mp3.retry.count";

but if u look in the file itself shipped with last version (7.3, 7.3.1)

u can see : mp3.retry.count=10

so u get an error: Unable to load tmp mp3 retry count property.

FYI

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wonder is the jar cannot work anymore?

as the temporary files of pandora goes to two places now:

1) filenames of plugtmp-X

2) in folder of plugtmp with filenames of numbers

but the jar only gets plugtmp-X files,

can anyone help solving the problem?

as i don't know java, may be the jar only doesn't fit me, may i ask do anyone have the same problem?

thank you!

i wonder is the jar cannot work anymore?

as the temporary files of pandora goes to two places now:

1) filenames of plugtmp-X

2) in folder of plugtmp with filenames of numbers

but the jar only gets plugtmp-X files,

can anyone help solving the problem?

as i don't know java, may be the jar only doesn't fit me, may i ask do anyone have the same problem?

thank you!

it process all files in %temp% folder and it's subdirectories also

so it get also the weired 54343542364126312 filenames found in the plugtmp subfolder.

I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but I've looked through several threads and done a few searches without finding what I need.

I get the "unable to rip MP3 unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a FIRFOX browser" error. I assume that it's talking about my firefox cache directory or something. However, I can't find out where I can manually correct it.

By the way I am running the most recent version of Firefox, with the latest Javascript, and lastest flash drivers.

I followed the instructions in the read me... I followed the noob instructions(which seem to be out of date)...

I also get this error "unable to retrieve bio from last.fm".

I don't really care about ID3 tags as much as I do about getting the MP3 at all.

Anyway, I know many of you might have very little patience for these sorts of questions, but I would really appreciate it if you'd point me in the right direction.

Thanks. :)

Guest t3chn0b0y
I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but I've looked through several threads and done a few searches without finding what I need.

I get the "unable to rip MP3 unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a FIRFOX browser" error. I assume that it's talking about my firefox cache directory or something. However, I can't find out where I can manually correct it.

By the way I am running the most recent version of Firefox, with the latest Javascript, and lastest flash drivers.

ever think of going back to flash 8 and not 9...?

@Karmashock

I just tested it and yes, it is indeed correct. You can not have flash player 9 installed. You must have flash player 8. I was getting the EXACT same error you were getting and I registered to ask how to solve it. Before I got my confirmation email (which took literally hours to get) I went through the process of downloading the flash uninstaller from Adobe, uninstalled flash 9 and installed flash player 8. After I did that, I tried to grab an mp3 and got the same error. However, the mp3 did indeed save! After that, all subsequent mp3s grabbed and gave a success message.

Do what I did and hopefully it will work for you as well. Remeber, the first mp3 you grab after switching back may give the same error. Check to see if it grabbed and try to grab another one. It should work.

Back in business, kid!

Running the pandora.jar v7.3. Was using all default directories (c:pandora). Everything worked great. I changed the default to d:pandora. I would get the downloaded information (artist/picture) but not the songs. Rather, an error would show up in the Java window asking me to check to make sure I had Firefox.

Double checked:

default.properties: mp3.archive.path=D:/pandora/

Still wouldn't work. Restarted all apps. Still nothing. Turned the computer off. Went to work, turned the computer back on tonight and it's working. So what fixed it?

@Karmashock

I just tested it and yes, it is indeed correct. You can not have flash player 9 installed. You must have flash player 8. I was getting the EXACT same error you were getting and I registered to ask how to solve it. Before I got my confirmation email (which took literally hours to get) I went through the process of downloading the flash uninstaller from Adobe, uninstalled flash 9 and installed flash player 8. After I did that, I tried to grab an mp3 and got the same error. However, the mp3 did indeed save! After that, all subsequent mp3s grabbed and gave a success message.

Do what I did and hopefully it will work for you as well. Remeber, the first mp3 you grab after switching back may give the same error. Check to see if it grabbed and try to grab another one. It should work.

Back in business, kid!

BANG!

Nailed it! :D

It didn't even screw up the first time... it just worked.

I didn't see this included in the tech specs on this app... it should totally be added "not compatitble with flash 9".

Anyway, you guys rule.

Love and peace, Karmashock.

Guest t3chn0b0y

Glad to see you got it working. I did the same thing.. I had flash 9 somehow working with internet explorer and 8 with firefox so i thought

i was running 9 all the time.. until i went through everything reinstall

other software packages to update and kaboom-kabang it all fell apart on me. :!: :shock:

Guest t3chn0b0y
how can i tell what version of flash i am running?

you got pandora running right click on the album art.. check the about.. for the macromedia flash.. and you should be able to get the info that way.

heck you don't even need to do that, just right click the album cover and it should tell you right there what version your using..

wrong recorderd MP3 file names...

go to C:Documents and Settings{username}Local SettingsTemp and delete all the plugtmp* files and folders.

I'll check it, cause the result from my last recording night was terrible... 5-6 Folders with the same time-stamp and the same input but different names.

It seems to be that after hours recording this effect also happens ? too much plugtmp* files ???

May it's usefull to upgrade the *.jar for a automatically deleting function for old plugtmp* files ?

Also I've detected a little bug. If the grabber engine is active and you create a new station there will be 2 exact clones of mp3 files but with different names.

Edit:

I've checked it out.... complete terror on my HDD. Nothing have the correct name. But one criminal thing I've done. While the grabber engine was active I 've skipped one track in the beginning which I'didn't like. I think all further tracks were shiftet by 1 or 2 songs. May thats also an additional problem ?

Edit2:

The plugtemp* folder is empty. I didn't skip any track or so. After already 6 songs the jar created a wrong named mp3 file. I would say this could be a problem of 7.3 ???

Problem again:

Running the pandora.jar v7.3. Was using all default directories (c:pandora). Everything worked great. I changed the default to d:pandora. I would get the downloaded information (artist/picture) but not the songs. Rather, an error would show up in the Java window asking me to check to make sure I had Firefox.

Double checked:

Any hints on what is causing this problem?

Problem again:

Double checked:

Any hints on what is causing this problem?

This may seem like a silly question... but do you have a D:/Pandora folder on an existing D: drive?

In my jar log I noticed "unsupported action:version" sometimes appears. The program still rips ok, I was just wondering if anyone else has notice that?

I am using beta.7.3_repack

7.3 repack is the 7.3 skins and the 7.2 jar file. 7.2 didn't support the 'version' function and hence the error. It is plenty ignorable. It was just my way of telling what version of the jar file people were running. It works...I know you are running 7.2 or earlier. :)

Try 7.3.1 http://wildandbad.com/pandora.beta.7.3.1.zip

Cross-answered from another (errant) thread:

hi all,

I want to save all song automatic.

now i get this message

"MP3 ripping set to manual - Click the [Grab It] button to rip selected tracks."

how can i change it to auto?

thanks

Use the "Cruise Control" set to ON.

Be sure to SAVE your settings.

I'm still getting the following:

We're sorry, the minimized pandora player has moved.

Please update your bookmark to http://www.pandora.com?cmd=mini .

my system:

Windows XP Service Pack2

Firefox 1.5.0.4

Flash Payer 8

Pandoras Jar pandora.beta.7.3.1

I've read through the thread and cannot see what else to try, I have been installing over the top replacing all files that match.

This may seem like a silly question... but do you have a D:/Pandora folder on an existing D: drive?

I do. Pandora.jar worked last night (no configuration changes) and ripped propertly to D:/pandora/mp3. Now it stopped again with this note that I might not be using Firefox. I don't understand the inconsistency.

I've looked at the log files under D:/pandora, and there are some errors listed. Would it help to go through those?

BTW, I received this same error with the jar7.3 before it was updated to use jar7.2 due to errors. Might try reinstalling.

Also, when I change the settings in pandora.jar (using the Firefox browser) and click "save", I don't see any files modified with the current Pandora directory (or the subs). Is this supposed to save changes (such as default directory, autosurf) to a config file (default.properties?)?

I'm still getting the following:

We're sorry, the minimized pandora player has moved.

Please update your bookmark to http://www.pandora.com?cmd=mini .

my system:

Windows XP Service Pack2

Firefox 1.5.0.4

Flash Payer 8

Pandoras Jar pandora.beta.7.3.1

I've read through the thread and cannot see what else to try, I have been installing over the top replacing all files that match.

Somewhere along the line you've gotten an OLD pandoraGrabber.html file.

Try installing to a clean directory and if it works, just copy everything over to your normal installation.