irieb

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated Pandora's Jar (7.3)

Changes:

* Fixed URL to mini player

* Fixed positioning of Mini Player (thanks unmaster!)

* Added style switcher

* Added "Backstage" button

* Bundled l0ki76117 skins with distro. (thanks!)

* cleaned out some redundant files

* added 'favorites' icon

* added process?version (in utils/Constants.java)

Check the unofficial page and the N00bs guide for more info

no, thank YOU man.

im working on yet another hak5 skin. im gonna put alot more work into it this time.

Im using the 7.3 and it appears to be stuck saying its initiating mp3 rip but doing nothing...

Try copying the jacob.dll file in the bin directory to the system32 directory inside WINDOWS. barley!!! said that is a "sometimes" bug.(see the N00b guide)

I will have to look it over tonight after i get back from my classes. I got the latest of everything thing installed, i cleaned the cache, but to no success... :twisted: appears to be grabbing the wrong songs and tagging them... i went ahead and added the 7.2 pandora.jar to the 7.3 setup to to see if it would go okay.. it would rip them in correct order..
I'd suspect that the 7.2 pandora.jar with the 7.3 rest of it would be moreproductive. There are very few changes to the 7.3 pandora.jar files.
last.fm keeps giving me a wrong protocol error so i had to disable it also.

The "add to LastFM" stuff is busted. In fact I saw where someone had actually disabled it at some point in the past revisions. If Pandora hadn't changed its player I'd have been working on that. The Version thing was my very first JAVA programming. So give me time to get over the curve.

The backstage button does nothing and syncing with itunes doesn't work as well.

Yeah, I wasn't sure about it and didn't rigorously test it. It just opens a new window to http://pandora.com/backstage/ anyways. No biggie, but Pandora.com saw fit to make it so I linked it.

To be honest I have yet to have the iTunes synch work at all.

Ok, I was messing around, and found my path got screwed up. I fixed it to where my music would be stored, but I get an error right when I start up the batch file that reads "The system cannot find the precified Drive" and then jumps to the "Now lets grab some mp3s" window. I have a similar problem to t3chn0b0y, where it reads "Fetching ID3 information and tagging for artist" but it never save the music. I tried to copy the .dll file to my s"ystem32" folder, but I don't have one (I have screenshots to prove this) so I put it in my "system" folder anyway. It still will not work. Any ideas?

Updated Pandora's Jar (7.3)

Changes:

* Fixed URL to mini player

* Fixed positioning of Mini Player (thanks unmaster!)

* Added style switcher

* Added "Backstage" button

* Bundled l0ki76117 skins with distro. (thanks!)

* cleaned out some redundant files

* added 'favorites' icon

* added process?version (in utils/Constants.java)

Check the unofficial page and the N00bs guide for more info

I downloaded the 7.3 update and started to experience problems.

1) Last FM submissions not working

2) ITunes integration does not work

3) MP3's are not always synced with song titles

4) count down is not visable

Upon inspecting the source the problem became obvious - the jar was compiled using an outdated codeline (7.1 I think)

To correct the problems I replaced the new pandora.jar file with the one I had from the 7.2 release.

Problems solve...

mrdave u may want to update the 7.3 distribution with the correct jar/src.....

also can you put the count down back in - I liked this feature as it let me know how much time I had left before deciding weather or not to abort a submission to last.fm

Guest t3chn0b0y
Ok, I was messing around, and found my path got screwed up. I fixed it to where my music would be stored, but I get an error right when I start up the batch file that reads "The system cannot find the precified Drive" and then jumps to the "Now lets grab some mp3s" window. I have a similar problem to t3chn0b0y, where it reads "Fetching ID3 information and tagging for artist" but it never save the music. I tried to copy the .dll file to my s"ystem32" folder, but I don't have one (I have screenshots to prove this) so I put it in my "system" folder anyway. It still will not work. Any ideas?

What i did to get it to work is i removed the pandora folder all together,

extracted the 7.3... when that was giving me naming issues and in some cases not ripping em. i extracted 7.2 jar file after renaming the 7.3 jar to

a .new file... now its ripping them with correct names.. a few of the features are not working for me, but at least it is naming the files correctly.

I also change the default.properties. unchecking the mp3.archive.path=..

thanks for changing it from E:/ to C:/ by the way...

you guys are hard at work on these issues as they arise..,

and i realize that the expectation of it working right away has an

impact on the outcome... thanks...

After extracting 7.3 to my pandora folder in C: I checked the default file to see if the path was correct, it was. I clicked on the batch file, jar and firefox started up. After making sure my settings were correct on the pandora jar screen, I saved them. Now it saves files, just in a new place. I found mine in C:pandorapandora.beta.7.3 folder under a folder named MP3. This only worked after saving the settings in the Pandora jar screen.

Tried this on another system without saving settings in Pandora Jar screen in firefox, no MP3 folder was created and no files saved.

Once I saved the settings it worked.

Also, manually launching the jar file, firefox and typing in localhost did not seem to work. I may not have saved settings when I tried it this way.

Good luck all.

:D

I'm still getting the error

"Unable to rip MP# make sure you have latest FIRFOX version"

Both when using 7.2 and 7.3.

FireFox 1.5.04

Windows XP SP1

Flash 8 (well I had 9 but I uninstalled it and installed 8... still on the about page in the Adobe site it says I have 9, so I'm not sure what to do here)

I changed the default.properties file to point to the directory I want it to save the MP3's (should it be like C:Pandora or C:/Pandora/ btw?)

But still, no go.

Anyone has an idea?

Bloopie

When you uninstalled Flash 9 did you use the Adobe flash uninstaller? Using add/remove files from windows doesn't remove it properly. I had uninstalled flash 9 using add/remove, but when I was in the pandora's jar screen and right clicked on the picture of the song playing, it said flash 9. It wasn't until I used Adobe's flash uninstaller and then reinstalled flash 8 that it worked.

The default properties file in 7.3 is correct the way it is. As long as your pandora file folder is in C:. Not sure why but the 's are this way / in the default file. In pandora's jar screen under save dir it's like this c:pandora.

Good luck

Thanks for the reply Ukonjack:

Two questions remain!

1. Where do I find the Adobe Flash uninstaller? I tried to look in the Program Files/Adobe directory but there's no Flash dir in there.

2. Where do I get the Flash 8 installation file? I've searched for quite a bit but every site offers version 9 for download, including Adobe's.

Thanks in advance.

also can you put the count down back in - I liked this feature as it let me know how much time I had left before deciding weather or not to abort a submission to last.fm

I moved it to the bottom of the page (below settings). It is still there. But I can move it. I am thinking of having it be more of a drag-and-drop interface on the next go around so folks can arrange it as they like

Just wandered how the favicon is embedded. It doesn't seem to be added to the .html page as usual as a specified favicon.ico. Like this:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">

Is it compiled into the java app itself?

I'm up to date with the latest version now (7.3) and got it working for the most part but is there still a problem with it not adding the track to Last.fm? I'm getting the following error message:

unable add track to last.fm: a problem was encountered whille attempting to add track to last.fm: FAILED Incorrect protocol version INTERVAL 1

Also, are the ripped tracks now no longer being saved by Radio Station and instead being saved in their own Artist directory? I know the earlier version used to save under their radio station.

Cheers

slip

slip

unable add track to last.fm: a problem was encountered whille attempting to add track to last.fm: FAILED Incorrect protocol version INTERVAL 1
public static final FileType ICO;

adding to the FileType.class file. Would it be possible to add this file type?

7.3 has an old version of pandora.jar - not sure why

use the jar file in the 7.2 pandora.jar instead - just copy it over...

Thanks for the tip. Yeah the submission to Last.fm works fine when I revert back to the 7.2 version of Pandora.jar.

I have noticed that the version number is unsupported in this version though and the following message is displayed at the bottom:

unsupported action: version

Also I notice that the mp3 grab and the submission to Last.fm are a lot slower than they used to be. What are the timers for :

(a) the artist info lookup

(b) the grab and

© the submission

Is it possible to be able to set a variable for these on the GUI so each user can chose these times?

Also with the album art that is extracted is it possible to get the full-size album covers rather than just the thumbnails?

slip

Guest t3chn0b0y
unsupported action: version

Also I notice that the mp3 grab and the submission to Last.fm are a lot slower than they used to be. What are the timers for :

(a) the artist info lookup

(b) the grab and

© the submission

slip

If your using it you should be able to tell

getArtistBio()

grabMp3()

Guest t3chn0b0y

Oh No, Okay now im getting no folders in my temp directory

no mp3 files found.. says its ripping them but nothing.. nothing

at all.. i dont know where its storing the files.. there doesnt appear

to be any... :twisted: I hear people say use flash 8.. is that still

an issue... and if so where do i get it.. because i reinstalled flash 9,

shockwave and firefox... :(

update:

After messing with the sob all day, i found the problem.. it

was version 9 installed on here and not 8, when i went back to 8

the problem was removed.. and im back to ripping..

It should be noted that the Windows version of Firefox can be run in Linux flawlessly through Wine. I am not sure why the hack is limited to Windows, but if someone can tell me that it's in Firefox and not the Jar file, then I'll get to testing this in Linux.

Guest t3chn0b0y
It should be noted that the Windows version of Firefox can be run in Linux flawlessly through Wine. I am not sure why the hack is limited to Windows, but if someone can tell me that it's in Firefox and not the Jar file, then I'll get to testing this in Linux.

i just ran pandora in kanotix, the only place the mp3's where placed

where the plugtmp folder in the tmp folder. not outside of it like it

does with windows. might be a few changes in the jar needing to

be done..The itune plugin issues etc..