Pandora Timeshifting App: Main Discussion Thread

irieb

Hey I'm new to this hack but have been using Pandora for a while. Everything is installed properly (Firefox, Flash, Java) but once I run the program, I get an error message "unable to locate artist and song information". Then I get "no enum const class enums.FileType.ICO" and "unable to rip mp3 null". I saw that other99 had the same problem and I tried what worked for him "set TEMP=%TMP%", without results. Any help would be appreciated.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alternately, from cmd.exe:

del temp list.m3u && (for /r %x in (*.mp3) do @echo %~tx %~fx) | sort > temp && for /f "tokens=3,* delims=" %i in (temp) do @echo %j>>list.m3u

The tokens= line may have to be adjusted depending on your path. Run it in the mp3 folder. Makes an .m3u of all the files sorted by date.

Can anyone give me a definite link to the latest version? There are just so many different files in this thread and I can't keep track which version is which.

The file size of the pandora.jar I currently have is 90.6KB.

For the pandora.jar that would be:

http://comicnut.speedxs.nl/pandora.jar

It's 92858 bytes in size. The next update to this file will include some additional work that will make it easier to figure out what version you're using.

del temp list.m3u && (for /r %x in (*.mp3) do @echo %~tx %~fx) | sort > temp && for /f "tokens=3,* delims=" %i in (temp) do @echo %j>>list.m3u

That would be great as a .bat file. Could prolly figure out how to call it when you close Pandora's jar, or just scedule it.

not sure if other people are having this issue but i'm using the latest version of pandora hack and after about 2 songs or so firefox has a critical error and has to be closed. has anybody else ran into this using the latest jar? if so any fixe?

Can anyone give me a definite link to the latest version? There are just so many different files in this thread and I can't keep track which version is which.

The file size of the pandora.jar I currently have is 90.6KB.

For the pandora.jar that would be:

http://comicnut.speedxs.nl/pandora.jar

It's 92858 bytes in size. The next update to this file will include some additional work that will make it easier to figure out what version you're using.

I guess I had an older file because it works now. Thanks a bunch. :)

That would be great as a .bat file. Could prolly figure out how to call it when you close Pandora's jar, or just scedule it.

Indeed, I put it in a batch file, along with something that will move all the mp3s to my H340.

Great app.! :P . It's just a little annoying to change the name of the .swf with the daily update:). Isn't it possible to make the script search and get the name of the swf from the localsettingstempplugtemp ?(just asking) :wink: . Oh, I just relised that you have to open pandora in the browser first so that the .swf exists..

handling mp3 request

locating mp3

unable to rip MP#

unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a FIREFOX browser

at until.mptprocessor.findusertmpdir<mp3processor.java:129>

at until.mptprocessor.findcurrentmp3<mp3processor.java:25>

INFO [Thread-2] <Server.java:42> - unable to rip MP3 unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a Firefox browser

java.lang.RuntimeException: unable to rip MP# unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a Firefox browsr.

at server.Server.handleHTTPrequest<Server.java:113>

at server.Server.run<Server.java:83>

Something like that.

But I can see why it's not finding the file, it's not in plugtemp. Does flash 9 have to do with this maybe? Is there somewhere else it'd be?

Josh

Great app.! :P . It's just a little annoying to change the name of the .swf with the daily update:). Isn't it possible to make the script search and get the name of the swf from the localsettingstempplugtemp ?(just asking) :wink: . Oh, I just relised that you have to open pandora in the browser first so that the .swf exists..

The latest version of my skin will handle that:

http://wildandbad.com/pandoraGrabber.zip

will be no way to choose in what folder keep mp3 and to deactivate the function to organize them by album and artist?

To choose the target folder just edit the default.properties file in the Pandora folder.

There is no way to disable the artist/album folders. However you can sort of fudge it...

In js/pandoraGrabber.js (or in the pandoraGrabber.html file if you are using the 'classic' skin) search for this

function downloadMP3() {

lookup = $F("cddb");

artistName = $F("artist");

songName = $F("song");

albumImgLoc = $F("albumImgLocation");

pandoraUserNameValue = $F("pandoraUserName");

stationIdValue = $F("stationId");

cruise = $F('cruiseControl');

if(artistName == '' &amp;&amp; songName=='') {

Element.update('resultTarget2',"unable to locate artist and song information.");

} else

Element.update('resultTarget2',"Fetching ID3 information and tagging MP3 for artist. (" + decodeURIComponent(artistName) + ") song (" + decodeURIComponent(songName) + ")....");

var url = "process";

var pars = "action=grab&amp;artist=" + artistName + "&amp;title=" + songName + "&amp;album=&amp;genre=&amp;comment=ripped by [PaNDoRas jAR] your source for listening pleasure&amp;year=&amp;cruise=" + cruise + "&amp;albumImgLocaction=" + albumImgLoc + "&amp;pandoraUserName=" + pandoraUserNameValue + "&amp;stationId=" + stationIdValue + "&amp;cddbLookUp=" + lookup;

var myAjax = new Ajax.Request(url,

{

method: 'get',

parameters: pars,

onComplete: downloadMP3Response

});

}

find the part that starts "var pars=" and you can restructure it to be more readable like so:

var pars = "action=grab&amp;artist=" + artistName + "&amp;title=" + songName + 

"&amp;album=&amp;genre=&amp;year=" + 

"&amp;comment=ripped by [PaNDoRas jAR] your source for listening pleasure" +

"&amp;cruise=" + cruise + "&amp;albumImgLocaction=" + albumImgLoc + 

"&amp;pandoraUserName=" + pandoraUserNameValue + 

"&amp;stationId=" + stationIdValue + "&amp;cddbLookUp=" + lookup;

This is where the song information is passed to the pandora.jar program. If you put an album name like '_' in then everything will be put into an album named '_' and the same thing for artist and such. Be sure to turn OFF cddb lookup in your settings.

Of course it will also do the same for your IDv3 tags, too.

Maybe you could move the info to the comments field so you can later use a tag editor to fix everything.

var pars = "action=grab&amp;artist=_&amp;title=" + songName + 

"&amp;album=_&amp;genre=&amp;year=" + 

"&amp;comment=" + artistName + 

"&amp;cruise=" + cruise + "&amp;albumImgLocaction=" + albumImgLoc + 

"&amp;pandoraUserName=" + pandoraUserNameValue + 

"&amp;stationId=" + stationIdValue + "&amp;cddbLookUp=" + lookup;

Great work on the app, only one recent problem.... I am running the most recent version of everything, but when I started the prgram tonight, I receive this message:

unable add track to last.fm: a problem was encountered whille attempting to add track to last.fm: FAILED Incorrect protocol version

INTERVAL 1

for every song played

I have pandora's jar working pretty well right now. The only problems I am running into are:

1. ID3 tags are incomplete - album info is not added

2. Album art is not downloaded or embedded in the MP3

Everything else seems to work. Is anyone else experiencing these problems? btw, I am using the latest build (beta6) and the pandoragrabber skin available.

-h

I have pandora's jar working pretty well right now. The only problems I am running into are:

1. ID3 tags are incomplete - album info is not added

2. Album art is not downloaded or embedded in the MP3

Everything else seems to work. Is anyone else experiencing these problems? btw, I am using the latest build (beta6) and the pandoragrabber skin available.

A reboot of my system seems to have fixed these problems. One interesting problem though is occasionally the wrong album art is grabbed. The artwork for a best-of album is sometimes grabbed instead of the actual album art - even when the name of the CD is correct.

-h

Hey, I'm having a new problem with pandora. As of the new update, all I can get running in local host is the top half which is the pandora jar bar at the top with the search, abort, track info, and settings at the top, and the actual pandora display. Everything that is suppose to be below that (with the Dave skin) is not there. Any idea what is causing this? Keep in mind, I can figure out basic stuff like installing this but you may have to put what you say in lament's terms for me lol

If you want id3 tags in your mp3s, try a service like MusicBrainz which fingerprints them and looks them up in an online database...

[edit] Aargh, I'm having the new problem too. The extra stuff in Pandora's Jar is loading for a split second then flashing out of it's short little existence. It looks like there's some Javascript hiding it but I can't see where that would come from :?:

8), Alex

Hey, I'm having a new problem with pandora. As of the new update, all I can get running in local host is the top half which is the pandora jar bar at the top with the search, abort, track info, and settings at the top, and the actual pandora display. Everything that is suppose to be below that (with the Dave skin) is not there. Any idea what is causing this? Keep in mind, I can figure out basic stuff like installing this but you may have to put what you say in lament's terms for me lol

If you have the latest skin, those areas are probably hidden. In the upper right hand corner you will see two buttons: "Track Info" and "Settings" - You can use these to show those panels.

To make them open all the time, click "Settings" (to show the settings panel) and UNCHECK the two check boxes at the bottom ("Hide Settings" and "Hide Info") and then save your settings (The "Save" button - lower right hand corner).

Then, Refresh. Your panels should now be open by default.

Gah! That will teach me to think... 8)

Thank you all for your help, it really is good to have debuggers around :P.

Pandora's Jar is now working mostly perfectly for me. I am getting the

"unable add track to last.fm: a problem was encountered whille attempting to add track to last.fm: FAILED Incorrect protocol version INTERVAL 1"

error but as I don't really use Last.fm much (Pandora is good!) it doesn't really matter.

Thanks,

Alex

Within the past few hours...

and am getting this behavior on one system: haven't had time to check others but Pandora is alternating writing temp files to %temp% and %temp%/plugtmp (using the old 19 random digit name).

Be careful because the actual song and name/artist won't match up and has the potential to corrupt your exsiting songbase.

I have updated pandoraGrabber.zip

Changes:

1) Found a bug in the way the cookies were handled for the checkboxes.

2) Added a 'Songs before Reload' field to settings. This is the number of songs before the page reloads. If you set it for 0 then it won't reload.

3) Re-organized the settings panel to make things a little clearer and adjusted to colors to match better.

Is anyone interested in a HELP button?

The updated skin can be found here:

http://wildandbad.com/pandoraGrabber.zip

and in the latest version (if you have beta 6 already just d/l the above file)

http://wildandbad.com/pandora.beta.6.zip

Let me begin by saying thanks for all the hard work that's gone into this. It's great!

Question:

It appears that I am one of the few people who liked the mp3s being saved in separate folders for their respective "radio stations." This has been taken out in the latest version or changed with Pandora's recent renaming(?) and all mp3s are dumped into the same place (basically). Is there an easy way to switch back to having them dumped into separate "station" folders?

Thanks again.