Pandora Timeshifting App: Main Discussion Thread

irieb

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To my amazement, the answer is: Nothing.

They submit 2 extra fields to the server (the pandora.jar) which does absolutely nothing with it.

It's probably also good to point out that the sources in the alpha.6 file are outdated. Understandable considering the recent flurry of updates and the fact that most discussion about them went on without any actual source code being exchanged. I'll fix that in a bit.

Isn't (or wasn't? Not sure if they're done yet) Last.fm doing some major upgrading 'round about now?

Try sniffing that traffic. It's a pretty straightforward protocol that's being used. See if Last.fm is accepting the traffic.

Last.fm has had a major overhaul and are now counting played tracks in real-time.

I can see my track counter updating if I play music in WMP and when using the last.fm player but not when using this pandora app.

The tracks are submitted as recently played tracks when using this pandora app but the last.fm tracks played counter doesn't update.

I'm afraid I don't know how to sniff packets - perhaps someone more knowledgable can confirm my finding?

What do the "Hide Settings" and "Hide Info" check boxes do?

Right now, nothing. It was my idea that they would record your preferred "panel open" or "panel closed" preferences. But when they are closed then Pandora can't read them so they are "coming soon"

Hi, I would like to know which is the actual temporary directory for pandora files, because it isn't in any that used to be.

It should be the directory named in the TEMP variable.

Open a command prompt and run "echo %TEMP%" to find out what directory that is. The 'plugtmp*' files are the Pandora files.

Hi all, I've been following this thread but somewhere I lost my way. Could somebody tell me:

1- Which is the latest working version?

2- Where can I get it?

3- Anything else needed to get it working?

I believe if someone can arrange a constant URL with the latest working version information, it would be clear for everyone.

Thanks

Thanks cooper, I did it, seems to work but the interface doesn't show the required images although they exist under the images folder, it displays broken images instead??? When I tried directly the grabber.html it displays fine, but not from localhost.

Hi all, I've been following this thread but somewhere I lost my way. Could somebody tell me:

1- Which is the latest working version?

2- Where can I get it?

3- Anything else needed to get it working?

I believe if someone can arrange a constant URL with the latest working version information, it would be clear for everyone.

Thanks

The Noobs Guide to Pandora at the Top of the Hacks forum is what you are looking for.

http://www.hak5.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=983

Isn't (or wasn't? Not sure if they're done yet) Last.fm doing some major upgrading 'round about now?

Try sniffing that traffic. It's a pretty straightforward protocol that's being used. See if Last.fm is accepting the traffic.

Last.fm has had a major overhaul and are now counting played tracks in real-time.

I can see my track counter updating if I play music in WMP and when using the last.fm player but not when using this pandora app.

The tracks are submitted as recently played tracks when using this pandora app but the last.fm tracks played counter doesn't update.

I'm afraid I don't know how to sniff packets - perhaps someone more knowledgable can confirm my finding?

Has anybody had a chance to look into the last.fm track counter issue?

Is it just me or does it happen to anyone else too?

When I "Save Settings" using http://localhost, where are these changes actually being saved? Is there a way I can just reset back to defaults? I've tried deleting everything and starting from scratch, but my previous settings remain. My problem is some of the settings are changing when Pandora's Jar refreshes the player.

Thanks.

When I "Save Settings" using http://localhost, where are these changes actually being saved? Is there a way I can just reset back to defaults? I've tried deleting everything and starting from scratch, but my previous settings remain. My problem is some of the settings are changing when Pandora's Jar refreshes the player.

Thanks.

The settings are saved as a cookie.

http://www.hak5.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=14767#14767

Basically take it from there. The top post has gotten outdated, but everything from that point on is still spot on.

I tried downloading the .jar file from there but I can't, the download never starts. Isn't it any other place where I can take it from?

My ISP kicked me off the 'net from 16:45 to 20:45 (.nl time... GMT+1) due to them upgrading the network when I wasn't around to bring the connection back up. Things should be back to normal as of right now.

I also mentioned in that thread I posted that the jar in the alpha.6 is identical to the one on my website, so you could've just grabbed that and only kept the jar file.

I don't know if this is just me, but I've tried on two computers:

The app can't find artist data, so won't save the songs.

"unable to locate artist and song information." I'm getting unable to rip mp3 null errors on the Pandora Jar app.

Do you think pandora's changed again, or is it just me with the problem.

Great work! This is one of the coolest programs I've ever seen....

I don't know if this is just me, but I've tried on two computers:

The app can't find artist data, so won't save the songs.

"unable to locate artist and song information." I'm getting unable to rip mp3 null errors on the Pandora Jar app.

Do you think pandora's changed again, or is it just me with the problem.

Great work! This is one of the coolest programs I've ever seen....

Can you post the parts the Pandorajar.log file?

I'll put the proper sources and a nice Ant script up sometime this evening.

Don't bother compiling the sources in alpha.6 or any of the other versions as quite a number of fixes related to Pandora changing the filenames they use are missing in there.