Pandora Timeshifting App: Main Discussion Thread

irieb

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It cycles periodically to prevent Pandora from stopping with playing because it feels you aren't listening in person anymore. I don't know the criteria for it though.

Hey I read previous forum entries about changing the two instances of the pandora flash player from https://www.pandora.com:443/radio/tuner_6_9_0_3.swf to https://www.pandora.com:443/radio/tuner_6_9_0_4.swf. This I notice is already included in the latest release but checked it anyway.

The problem is that I still can't see the flash player to play any tracks. Any ideas?

I downloaded pandoras-jar-beta.4.zip and then updated the Pandora.jar file with the latest one from Cooper (posted earlier this morning).

slip

Sorry for Wildandbad.com going down, My disk filled up and so it rebooted...with a full disk some services didn't start as they should. So it was just hanging there. I've rectified that. (I suppose I shouldn't let PJ run unattended on the server, eh?)

It has been a while since that happened.

The new PJ works well.

Hey I read previous forum entries about changing the two instances of the pandora flash player from https://www.pandora.com:443/radio/tuner_6_9_0_3.swf to https://www.pandora.com:443/radio/tuner_6_9_0_4.swf. This I notice is already included in the latest release but checked it anyway.

The problem is that I still can't see the flash player to play any tracks. Any ideas?

I downloaded pandoras-jar-beta.4.zip and then updated the Pandora.jar file with the latest one from Cooper (posted earlier this morning).

slip

Read further. Change it to https://www.pandora.com:443/radio/tuner_7_0_0_0.swf

Hi,

I was just affected by a curious thing.

After 1 hour listening Pandora reload automatically and started again from the beginning. That means most songs were already played.....

Does it circle for 1 hour ? :?:

CB

It cycles for a number of songs. In js/pandora.jar at the top of the file you will find the line:

var SONG_COUNT_BEFORE_RELOAD = 10;

Change that number to anything you'd like. I recommend 30 to start. However if you find larger numbers that work well, please let us know. I'm curious as well what the tolorance for unattended operation is.

Brilliant!! That's solved that problem. Sorry I was trying to catch up with the full 23 pages of notes so was skimming and must have missed Pandora's latest flash player upgrade.

I would have thought you'd have updated this in your PandoraGrabber package though?

Out of interest is there anyway to grab the large album covers from somewhere such as www.freecovers.net ?

By the way, I really like the new skin and the hack rocks!

slip

Brilliant!! That's solved that problem. Sorry I was trying to catch up with the full 23 pages of notes so was skimming and must have missed Pandora's latest flash player upgrade.

I would have thought you'd have updated this in your PandoraGrabber package though?

Out of interest is there anyway to grab the large album covers from somewhere such as www.freecovers.net ?

By the way, I really like the new skin and the hack rocks!

slip

Yeah, we are building a Version 7 that will have all these little bits fixed.

As another small feature request it could be cool if it linked up with MSN Messenger to work with the "Show what I'm listening to" feature. So that MSN Messenger recognised it as an actual music player like itunes or winamp etc.

slip

hi,

just try the "foxytunes" plug in for firefox ....

it allows you to controll the pandora player .... even if you browse a picture or so ... a icon line always shows you the actual song which is played on pandora or several other different players (like xbmc !!! XBMC rules !!! Yeahh )...

uppps, forget it...

I've just tried it out again ... it only works with "original" pandora player....

That lasted .jar file worked for me. Thanks!

Here's a feature idea for you.

How about a "fast" version of "cruise control on" mode where as soon as it has the mp3 file saved and tagged it skips to the next track for you instead of waiting until the current track is done playing.

How about a "fast" version of "cruise control on" mode where as soon as it has the mp3 file saved and tagged it skips to the next track for you instead of waiting until the current track is done playing.

This feature would indeed be great ! But the difficulty is perhaps that you can't skip too much and that the program perhaps can't know when the skipping is disabled by Pandora... But if someone has an idea...

Well the files are definately in my TEMP directory so the app is failing to find them...

Do I need to add a SET TEMP="drivepathdirectory" so that my TEMP folder can be found?

If so can somebody please post the exact syntax here (XP's default temp directory) as I have tried to do that by adding a line in the batch file and so far I've failed :oops:

The correct syntax is indeed SET TEMP="<path to temp dir>". As a test, open a DOS box, run the command and then run dir %TEMP%. If you get a listing from your TEMP folder, things should be okay.

Unless the latest version fixes this issue for me... I'll test it when I get home later.

This newer version won't fix your particular problem, but you'll probably want it anyways.

Thanks!

All working again now!

I'll say it again - thanks for keeping this app alive.

I'm a frequent gamer but my GFX card recently died on me - this application has helped me thru' some dull hours!

Frustrated DJ

:)

This feature would indeed be great ! But the difficulty is perhaps that you can't skip too much and that the program perhaps can't know when the skipping is disabled by Pandora... But if someone has an idea...

Ok, better solution, have it flip between your stations.

This skips to a new track, but they never seem to limit the number of times you can change stations.

Hey!

Thanks to everyone on this forum for keeping this program working!

I am able to rip mp3s, but the titles of the song don't always match with the audio track. I have noticed the song name being ahead of the track by one song on the radio.

Any ideas of how to fix this?

I am able to rip mp3s, but the titles of the song don't always match with the audio track. I have noticed the song name being ahead of the track by one song on the radio.

Any ideas of how to fix this?

Stop the player, then see if there are any leftover files in the %TEMP% directory whose name starts with 'plugtmp'. If so, remove them and see if that makes a difference. Don't remove the plugtmp directory though. It contains your Pandora login information.

If that doesn't do it, I honestly don't have a clue.

Im using alpha6 (I believe) and Cruise Control is shutting off after some seemingly random number of songs plays. Anyway to force it on all the time?

An abnormal pause happens each time before this happens. Almost like some sort of radio channel reset.

http://www.hak5.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15237#15237

Could that be the explanation for this issue? That Cruise Control defaults to 'off' in your html and after the given amount of songs the program reloads Pandora to prevent it from thinking you've stopped listening.

Isn't (or wasn't? Not sure if they're done yet) Last.fm doing some major upgrading 'round about now?

Try sniffing that traffic. It's a pretty straightforward protocol that's being used. See if Last.fm is accepting the traffic.