Pandora Timeshifting App: Main Discussion Thread

irieb

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no real way for the program to _know_ the file has finished downloading, however when you click grab the program will grab immediately. If at that point the file is only half-way in, you wind up with half a file.

There's no real way for the program to _know_ the file has finished downloading, however when you click grab the program will grab immediately. If at that point the file is only half-way in, you wind up with half a file.

hence the 15 second delay on grabmp3 attempts when cruise is on

I cannot rip more than one song, JAR just stops functioning?

Any ideas?

What does it say? What does it do? What did you do to get it there? What does your browser do?

Please be specific.

I cannot rip more than one song, JAR just stops functioning?

Any ideas?

What does it say? What does it do? What did you do to get it there? What does your browser do?

Please be specific.

I have the same problem it seems, i'm running beta 7.2 in firefox 1.5.0.4.

After the first song grabs during cruise control, the whole webserver that get's set up becomes non responsive. You have to kill the jar file and open it again before it will grab another song or get any new bio information or anything really. There is no error message put up in the console window.

Pandora keeps running happily in the background though.

Any clues?

UPDATE:

It also seems to be the case when cruise control is turned off. I shut off all the last.fm stuff too. It throws now errors in the browser (ie no JS errors)

tnerb123, jordan

pm me your log file and i will take a look.

this could be related to the ITunes integration (the application will hang if ITunes is not installed)

install ITunes

copy the jacob.dll (from install/bin) to your system32 directory

or

turn the option off

even with cruise control it cuts the songs short. So are you saying to grab the mp3 right at the end of the song? When i was using alpha 6 and versions before I never had this problem.

tnerb123, jordan

pm me your log file and i will take a look.

this could be related to the ITunes integration (the application will hang if ITunes is not installed)

install ITunes

copy the jacob.dll (from install/bin) to your system32 directory

or

turn the option off

Hmmmm, ok so i checked my log file and it does seem to be iTunes related as you say. But i do have iTunes installed on my system, it just wasn't running, so maybe that statement above should be revised to "the application will hang if iTunes is not installed and/or not running".

I say this as it seems to be working now that i shut off iTunes integration.

Thanks for the the help.

is there any way to stop the grabber from creating folders for each band? so my downloads folder isnt riddled with folders and just mp3s?

also, this is semi-related... its a winamp problem. how can i re-encode my files in winamp? i need to lower the kbps to fit more on my SLVR. and i cant use itunes cuz the itunes.jar on my phone is cracked.

Guest t3chn0b0y
argh, it's stopped ripping songs again :( "unable to rip MP3 null"

oh and also, how do i switch skins? ive downloaded both milky and hak5 skins

extract the two skins into the pandora/skins folder creating a subdirectory called milky and hak5.. on the firefox menu view/pagestyle you can select default,milky and hak5..

Im not having a problem with ripping the songs, im having problems

with lastfm not listing what Im playing, says the cookie being send for the

present song is older then the previous song.? was working fine last night.

aight, another problem with ripping. (probly the one i posted before but now i know whats happened)

i edited "default.properties" (like it says here) to say this:

#uncomment the following line to set your preferred storage dir - u can change at at runtime if u want

mp3.archive.path=F:PhillipMy Music

tmp.mp3.retry.count=20

and i put "F:PhillipMy Music" in the field marked "Save Dir:" through the jar gui in firefox and saved.

F:PhillipMy MusicPandora is my pandora directory,

F:PhillipMy Music is the folder i want everything saved to, as in:

F:PhillipMy Music%BandName%%Album%%song%.mp3

when i go to pandora.jar and try to rip a song, there are no errors (except the occasional cannot find last.fm data ones). however, the song is saved to: "F:PhillipMy MusicPandoraPhillipMy Musictmp.mp3.retry.count=20mp3FPhillipMy MusicHowie DayHowie Day-Madrigals (Demo).mp3"

i know this has something to do with the default.properties file, but im still confused about all this o.O

can anybody help out :)?

aight, another problem with ripping. (probly the one i posted before but now i know whats happened)

i edited "default.properties" (like it says here) to say this:

#uncomment the following line to set your preferred storage dir - u can change at at runtime if u want

mp3.archive.path=F:PhillipMy Music

tmp.mp3.retry.count=20

and i put "F:PhillipMy Music" in the field marked "Save Dir:" through the jar gui in firefox and saved.

F:PhillipMy MusicPandora is my pandora directory,

F:PhillipMy Music is the folder i want everything saved to, as in:

F:PhillipMy Music%BandName%%Album%%song%.mp3

when i go to pandora.jar and try to rip a song, there are no errors (except the occasional cannot find last.fm data ones). however, the song is saved to: "F:PhillipMy MusicPandoraPhillipMy Musictmp.mp3.retry.count=20mp3FPhillipMy MusicHowie DayHowie Day-Madrigals (Demo).mp3"

i know this has something to do with the default.properties file, but im still confused about all this o.O

can anybody help out :)?

It is a slash thing.

Java (and PHP and Perl) all treat the back slash () chracter as an escape character. so essentially they ignore it.

Use a FORWARD SLASH (/) and it should work out just fine.

like this:

F:/Phillip/My Music/

How do you guys make skins? are you using a program?

I used Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and my 'Mad Skilz' to put together the framework.

I based it on the idea that it would be an "extension" of the Pandora Player itself.

As l0ki76117 has built additional skins I have massaged the design to be CSS friendly.

The basic elements you need are:

A Background image

An "outer" frame cut into 8 pieces:

4 corners: Ne, Nw, Se, and Sw

and 4 sides: N, S, E, W

An "inner" frame cut into three pieces

'top', 'bottom', 'faux'

A logo (pjlogo.gif)

a 'grab this track' button

From that you should be able to make very nearly any style you want.

I'd start with one of the excellent skins by l0ki76117 . just duplicate the folder with the skin in it in the 'Skins' folder. Add this line to the HEAD section of pandoraGrabber.html

<link rel="alternate stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/skins/YOUR_SKIN_NAME/css/pandorajar.css" title='YOUR_SKIN_NAME'>

And then tweak from there.

It is a slash thing.

Java (and PHP and Perl) all treat the back slash () chracter as an escape character. so essentially they ignore it.

Use a FORWARD SLASH (/) and it should work out just fine.

like this:

F:/Phillip/My Music/

ok, in the settings i have F:/Phillip/My Music/

and in default.pref.. file i have F:/Phillip/My Music/

and now it saves em to F:PhillipMy Musicmp3FPhillipMy MusicGamefaceGameface-Four Chords, Seven Years.mp3

is there a way for it not to put them into the "mp3" folder? if there isnt, i might as well just save them to the default location and move them by myself.

You need to change the pandora.jar for that.

In the sources look at the src/util/Util.java file.

Starting from line 108 it reads:

mp3Dir = new File(archiveDir, "mp3");

}

else {

mp3Dir = new File("mp3");

And if you change 'mp3' to '.' (a string containing a single dot) the mp3 part of the directory should be discarded.

It can (and should) be done cleaner (by removing all uses of mp3Dir and then renaming all uses of archiveDir to mp3Dir), but this will get you where you want with the least amount of work.

Guest t3chn0b0y

In my default.properties i just set the default

directory to c:/ and in pandora's jar i just put a something like

save directory: detroit techno.. and it ends up going to c:mp3detroit technoartistalbum...