Do i actually need security?

Mr Andrewson

I mean do I need it running on startup? I am on wireless network and only need scanners for downloaded files, which security should I have? Or, which security do you have? I was planning on getting AVG/ZA but I want to know your opinions, thanks Hak5  :wink:

Dood... you know the answer to this question. Why are you asking it.

Yes get ZA.

Do i actually need security?

[move] :shock:                  What were you thinking?[/move]

I know what is going on, on my computer.  Linux fanboys just can't handle some people just don't have problems with Windows.  Believe what you may, at the end of the day it's people like Sparda and k1u who let Linux down because of their extremist attitudes.

QFE!!

Ever sense I have been using my new computer I have not had any problems.  I do run SpySweeper, but it has never detected anything more harmful than a cookie.

I know what is going on, on my computer.  Linux fanboys just can't handle some people just don't have problems with Windows.  Believe what you may, at the end of the day it's people like Sparda and k1u who let Linux down because of their extremist attitudes.

QFE!!

Ever sense I have been using my new computer I have not had any problems.  I do run SpySweeper, but it has never detected anything more harmful than a cookie.

Second, this time around since coming to vista, Kaspersky has 0 critical reports, and only a few minor cookies to report. This install has lasted about 6months now. Though to be honest i would prefer it to be there just in case.

Except.. most people have problems with windows, they just don't know it until some one actually brings it to there attention, because thats how they think computers should be.

Except.. most people have problems with windows, they just don't know it until some one actually brings it to there attention, because thats how they think computers should be.

My post didn't address 'most' people, but it addressed myself.

It is ok... I feel sorry for you. Because as much you can call us fanboys, judging from your posts.

Many people are misinformed, C# and .NET are an open standard.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Language_Infrastructure

I wasn't aware of that.  I see there are also Windows ports of .NET.  Let me say, then, that I simply don't trust Microsoft technology, but that's mostly politics.  I also think that their software is typically too complicated.  By association I put their languages and APIs in the same category.  I've used the Windows API a bit, and I much prefer POSIX.

Can anyone recommend a good book for C++ and C#?

Thanks

The C++ Programming Language (Bjarne Stroustrup) is the best reference to the language.  I didn't use it to learn the language, though.

POSIX and Windows API are completely different.  POSIX isn't an API, it's a standard.  Windows even implements POSIX standards fully, where as Linux and BSD don't.

For TomB my friend you carry on with these attacks and this superiority, while you may think of yourself at a high position the truth is you are at a low position. You have great skill but what does that show for you, absolutely nothing, for it is not your bragging and arrogance that gains you respect it is your attitude amongst the people. I do not say this as a foe but as a friend, you must change your ways. If you wish to be a hypocrite, then by far be one, for you may try to undermine us TomB but the truth is your words mean nothing towards me. Now post up a post trying to attack me or call me a fanboy or Linux extremist if that is your will. Thank you TomB.