Do you run Windows Server 2003...

take it take

Server 2003 Enterprise is my main (and currently only) OS. Works great as a desktop with a few tweaks (turning on audio, turning graphics acceleration back on, etc). Fast, stable, secure, no XP-style Duplo theme (though if you really want it you can turn it back on), runs almost everything XP can except a few apps that point blank refuse to install on anything other than XP. Runs games fine too if that's your thing.

Just the point that I was going to make.  I'd really like to get Windows 2003 to gain experience but it's just too expensive.

If you go to school, your institution might be a part of MSDN Academic Alliance, in other words, you might be able to get a legal copy of Windows 2003 (and other Microsoft software) for free.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSDN_Academic_Alliance

What's the online shop address? Am in suspense here!  :D and LOL at Free Trials... thats brilliant! 2 Fingers up to Bill!

MSDNAA is very good - however don't forget "legally" you should uninstall the software when you are no longer a student (this will be at the fore front of your mind when you finish your last exam  :lol:)

If  you cannot afford to get hold of software to learn with (ie your not a student in HE) there is no harm in piracy. If you are wanting software for a commercial venture, buy it. Personally, I'm getting a TechNet subscription, which is another good way to get discounted software.

Ah ok, was hoping there would be a cheaper way to aquire XP PRO licenses for the company I am working for, was hoping there was some Swedish European No Media loop hole  :x

If you have a 64bit system, Microsoft gives away XP Pro X64 Edition for 120 days. After that, you would have to purchase it. (It will not run on a 32 bit system, even if your chips says it does EMT64 instruction sets, it really must be set to be used as a 64bit system in both the bios and the hardware)

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/facts/trial.mspx

heh Trial's won't help me ;) I need 30 XP Pro licences, I started with a new company and their all running XP Home, we have big problems with email etc so am in the process of migrating them on a domain (it's a werid setup, we have an SBS box that simply runs a file server -£4000, the previous IT guy was in the process of moving stuff onto a NAS  :-x)

Oh well, the company is gonna have to fork out for the licenses.