Hacking School Networks.. Again

k.gen04

Right, here we go again.  Um. . .

Our schools got Macs (imacs, the latest) and weve go full access to terminal, know the local admin passwd and got firefox, so were doing pretty well.

BUT we cant change any of or perms with this(as far as  we know).  Any ideas??

P. S This is my first post, so it wool sound n00by :shock:.  I have hacked before, at primary, it was a crack-up.  :lol: :lol:

Take a large blunt object (I prefer a brick, (monkey wrench if available).  Bash it repeatedly over the school computer.  Then yell either "I hacked the computer" or "suck it apple (my version of apple virus)"

That's not hacking, that's clobbering. Hacking is when you use an axe or possibly a machete.

Take a large blunt object (I prefer a brick, (monkey wrench if available).  Bash it repeatedly over the school computer.  Then yell either "I hacked the computer" or "suck it apple (my version of apple virus)"

That's not hacking, that's clobbering. Hacking is when you use an axe or possibly a machete.

run around with a machete hacking away at all the network cables you can find

Well, if you are going to get all technical with me... technically it is with a saw, sawing the computer (hacksaw).

lol.  why does everyone always ask about hacking schools??? its so obvious how to do it.  i have done it many times and infront of computers.  but this was on compacts aka the most retarted computer in the world.  anyway if i were you id access the entire network and make a little note pop up one every computer in the school.  i did something like that except it was a word doccument that a classmate wrote.  he even had his name on it.  lol he got blamed and was suspended.  ok whell sorry i cant help because i dont know how to do it with a mac.

hacking schools is noobish

news--> there is a new policy for high schools that depending on the damage the student can be expelled (the It admin makes that call) and further more the student can be sued for lots of "damage" costs, so watch out.

dont do it!!!!

VERY BAD!!!

first, last and final post on the subject:  If you claim to know the admin password, then there is no need to "hack" the computers since you already have the admin password.

That said, I would strongly advise you NOT to try anything stupid with school networks, because as a sys admin of a school district, I have the sole discretion to suspend a student's computer access for as long as I believe necessary, which could be as long as 4 years, or more.... In today's world you have to have access to a computer in order to pass classes, so you therefore are screwed.

Further more, if that alone isn't enough, students could get suspended or expelled from school.

So heed my advise and just leave things alone.

of course if you get caught, don't come back crying.

That is all I have to say on the subject. kthnxbye.

You know, I could do the usual thin and call the person a n00b or a lamer, or something. I could "give them a link" that points to google, and feel really clever. I could tell them to learn c, and then read a bunch of RFC's, and learn tcp/ip. I could tell them that hacking their school network is wrong and immoral and whatever, but its just so .... been done. Sometimes I et the feeling we're just kicking a dead horse here. So, instead, I'm going to tell you exactly what you need to know.

figure out what services are running on your machine. This should be trivial to do, and if you really get stuck, install nmap and then do

nmap -sS -sA -v -T5 localhost

write down all the services and version numbers

go to packetstorm or security focus and look for local privilage escalation exploits for the services that you just found. Keep in mind that many of these exploits are "skiddie-proofed". That is, they have made minor modifications to the code to keep it from compiling or running. So, you will ned to know enough of the chosen language (usually C) to fix the exploit. Once it is all set, compile, run, root. There, you are now a 1337 hax0r. you are k-rad. Have a nice day.

You know, I could do the usual thin and call the person a n00b or a lamer, or something. I could "give them a link" that points to google, and feel really clever. I could tell them to learn c, and then read a bunch of RFC's, and learn tcp/ip. I could tell them that hacking their school network is wrong and immoral and whatever, but its just so .... been done. Sometimes I et the feeling we're just kicking a dead horse here. So, instead, I'm going to tell you exactly what you need to know.

figure out what services are running on your machine. This should be trivial to do, and if you really get stuck, install nmap and then do

go to packetstorm or security focus and look for local privilage escalation exploits for the services that you just found. Keep in mind that many of these exploits are "skiddie-proofed". That is, they have made minor modifications to the code to keep it from compiling or running. So, you will ned to know enough of the chosen language (usually C) to fix the exploit. Once it is all set, compile, run, root. There, you are now a 1337 hax0r. you are k-rad. Have a nice day.

No -O -A ?

lol first of all the admin is local k.gen wants the proper password that can get him into workgroup manager.

and if your not careful i will show this thread to Mr C!!!

P.S your account is already frozen for two weeks if Mr C sees this it will be locked up for good!

Forget bout this thread... just relized that im gonna get extra privs as well through an extension grp at skewl.. and wouldnt want to hak in case i get kicked out.

_______

YAY I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT

yeah, yeah... same excuse they all give when they finally realize we simply won't help!

Can somebody give me their fucking fingers to chop off only to be sewn back on after they are 21 years old?  Gah Im beginning to hate 13-15 year olds!!!!

No -O -A ?

NAh, OS fingerprinting isnt really needed. -A would be nice though. good call