Whats your fav. Energy drink  

40 members have voted

1. 1.

• Rockstar
    • Bawls
    • Jolt
    • Red Bull
    • Other

Ah, just cause I'm curious what energy drinks do you guys prefere? I'm torn between Bawls and Rockstar.

Note: those outside the US, I'm sorry I don't know what energy drinks you have there I know you do have some of the ones i listed(i think). So thats why i added other :)

man... cherry coke... the memories, the memories...

and Techno, I have a feeling Sprite3G has been out for a while... thoug I might be lying...

I remember buying some ages ago but it's a toss-up in my mind as to wherether I bought it in a service station on the way to London or in Canada...

you guys realise these so called 'energy drinks' are just snake oil in a can.

red bull. = it is illegal in most countries to put more caffeine in any drink that a cup of coffee.

the sugery ones ie. luckazade et al.....are just suger water. its crazy

In this country there is a drink call 'Nourishment'. Its a milk drink. All the company does is list the natural properties of milk!!! and hey presto instant health drink! instant profit...... craaaaaaazy

red bull. = it is illegal in most countries to put more caffeine in any drink that a cup of coffee.

Just wondered where you got this from? I'm a big coffee drinker, and as a result the coffee i brew has gotten progressivly stronger to the point it makes most people ill. Does me no harm in anyway I can tell but I would put it way above redbull as a result .

It's not just the caffine content of Red Bull that makes it illegal in some countries, it's also the little ingredient that gives it that pep. Yeah, I'm talking about my good ol' buddy Taurine. Now, Taurine is a brilliant, brilliant thing if you ask be, but it does have its downsides.

You know those heart palpatations you get after around sixteen cans of Red Bull? That's the level of Taurine running dangerously high, and giving your body a dangerously high boost in certain areas, putting more of a strain on your heart.

Just wondered where you got this from? I'm a big coffee drinker, and as a result the coffee i brew has gotten progressivly stronger to the point it makes most people ill. Does me no harm in anyway I can tell but I would put it way above redbull as a result .

look at the caffeine content of a red bull can. Its about the same as an average cup of coffee (if not less). I remember a documentry on red bull. Where they were saying that they put as much caffeine as posible.

I once foolishly spent about £20 on cheapo energy drinks in a nightclub, danced like a loon until i realised i felt very very wrong indeed. Then spent the night shivering and pouring with sweet, hoping my eyes wouldn't explode.

Had a discussion with a friend about energy drinks yesterday.

The only true energy drink I've ever tried was Red Bull, and i thought it was thoroughly disgusting. I don't care how hard it kicks me, if it tastes like crap I'm not drinking it. I also never actually reached the point where I felt I needed it. When your body says "stop", it tends to do so with good reason.

This friend of mine however likes to ride competitively on his mountainbike. During one such ride he picked up a couple of Red Bulls at one of those supply stops. He says he drove like a banshee for the next hour or so. Then the drink wore off and he crashed pretty damned hard. Not something he's likely to repeat.

Sean Kennedy of Patrolling fame 'invented' his own energy drink:

Juice a couple of lemons, add some maple syrup and some cayenne pepper. Mix well and drink a couple DL every 30 minutes or so and you'll keep going like the Duracell bunny. The lemon juice should provide the vitamins, minerals and nutrients, the maple syrup adds the carbon hydrates and he described the pepper as "nature's natural crack". I never tried this stuff either, but I thought it was an interesting list of ingredients for a drink, and probably WAY cheaper than the chemical waste they're bottling these days under the 'Energy Drink' label.

I personally rather like those energy drinks, and they do give you the kick you need but then you do also get the biiiig comedown if you take too much or power youreslf on /just/ energy drinks...

after a couple days and too many litres of the stuff you do start to run down but then I suppose you're not supposed to stay awake that long... but if you're coding, partying, gaming or involving in other suchlike activities, then sometimes it's useful... don't do it when doing so would be dangerous though...

The comedowns are huge if you do things this way...

Oh, and also be wary of caffeine tablets, too...