need to hack a laptop

degoba

Torture could work.

Just a thought, though you could probably get all the information you need, with a chair, some rope, an abandoned warehouse, some gasoline, a cut-throat razorblade, a tuxedo, and a radio playing K-billy's Super Sounds of the Seventies.

As I said. Just a thought.

Seen far too many shitty movies

Could you use some kinda man in the middle attack to steal the passwords that you need?

Torture is an option, but not one worth taking, and certainly no need for violence. Even Israel realises this, although the US goverment still thinks torture is cool. Plus, if you have people on your payrole capable of it, you'll probally need to kill them in the end. There not the type of people you want hanging around.

I still say do a 2 pronged attack, one with the hacking tools on a floppy or a network attack. And use social enginering & NLP to get as much info as you can about the network. Wasn't there a study that showed a fair number of workers would give up logins for as little as a cup of coffee or a free pen?

Bringing back an old topic here, but I wasn't sure if you'd solved your lappy problem yet, and Moonie found a brilliant solution using a nice little kiddiescript program.

This lil' baby can be easily copied onto floppy, and runs from boot, allowing you to clear any admin password, bypassing the need to do anything else. Once cleared, you merely need to log in without entering a password for that user, and you have full access.

Hope this helps,

Technologique

Bringing back an old topic here, but I wasn't sure if you'd solved your lappy problem yet, and Moonie found a brilliant solution using a nice little kiddiescript program.

This lil' baby can be easily copied onto floppy, and runs from boot, allowing you to clear any admin password, bypassing the need to do anything else. Once cleared, you merely need to log in without entering a password for that user, and you have full access.

Hope this helps,

Technologique

Also should work from a CD easily... just set it as the boot floppy image in your favourite burning soft! You boot it from CD for machines that don't have a floppy drive!

Put in a knoppix disc go into the folder that has admin on it then open it with resource hacker (sam file also work) copy and paste it into a pwc and it probably will work.

Why i felt the need to reply ot syntaxerrors post I do not know. However I think it bears repeating that these laptops do not have disk drives. Floppy only. That being said it was accomplished with a bootable dos disk and some simple utilities. I didnt get administrative access and boot into windows. However I was able to get access to and manipulate all the files on the entire harddrive. I was also able to see the usernames of everyone who had logged in in the last couple of days. With a little finesse I might have been able to snag their passwords.

Just wondering degoba if you have tried getting XP to boot into Safe Mode and then tried login in with the hidden xp admin account because most people even pro's forgets to set the password of this account

If you have allready tried the hidden admin account then just use a Linux bootable Floppy to retrieve the sam file and then decrypt it at home as others have allready suggested