What kind of Drunk are you?

Technologique

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the few things i've not done actually, might have to make some calls.

<please note 2 things about drugs:

1:

If your under 18, don't even think about them, your brains not developed yet, and your mind certainly hasn't. Don't fuck around with things you won't be able to fix.

2:

Know your body, know your mind, know your substance & know your source

>

Beer is a drug dude, it's just one of those "legal" drugs, one of those "taxed" drugs, that the government seem to want you to buy as much as possible of, apparently so that they can squeeze more money out of you, to put back on the roads that you can drive on whilst funked outta your head on beer.

Meeting by the Docks! Tommorrow night!

UK isn't too bad with an age limit of 18, although at 18 we can buy or do anything now, theres no staggering.

We can buy a beer with a meal at 16 here but the laws a bit wierd so its not done much.

Although it seems from experiance and the statistics that us Brtis start getting drunk about 13-14 on average.

<please note 2 things about drugs:

1: If you're under 18, don't even think about them, your brain's not developed yet, and your mind certainly hasn't. Don't fuck around with things you won't be able to fix.

2: Know your body, know your mind, know your substance & know your source.

>

Very sound advice there VaKo... I'm glad someone still gives a monkey's...

I am a smoothe drunk up to a point. After so many i become a blind drunk who manages to stumble everywhere, happens to know absolutely everything, and thinks that every girl in the room wants to have sex with him..

depends on what mood im in usually.

the latter part about the women is true btw.

Oh and vako.. It is good to meet a fellow thompson fan. I have been on a few fear and loathing style benders myself. That was back when i was more into drugs though.

Heaven and Hell, all at the same time... In the end it comes down to how well you can cope at a given level of "everything is wrong". And most of them certainly aren't party drugs.

Personally some substances helped me a lot, brought me out of my shell, and helped me communicate with people. One of the things that lead me to seriously curb my drinking problem was taking shrooms and mdma. Shrooms forced me to see my behviour for what it was, loutish, offensive and unpleasent, because it let me look at myself from my friends perspective (i literally became the person i was thinking about, and saw myself as a stranger). Which, if you cannot deal with that level of wrongness, would fry your brain.

Net result, i don't drink so much anymore, can enjoy a couple of beers without a desire to get fucked up, and only do drugs 2-3 times a year. It worked for me, but there was a lot of heart ache along the way, and isn't a path I would recommend.

I quite agree... I shut off drink for quite a while and now I jsut have to odd few here and there... I like getting a slight buzz but I don't want to get absolutely hammered again for a very long time, if at all...

As far as other substances go, I also agree... if you aren't a person that can handle it (and I don't mean that in a mocking sense) then kep away... they can really do you damage if your brain can't handle the kind of thing VaKo mentioned... the unfortunate thing is that you never know if you can handle it (again, not in a 'lightweight!' way) until it's too late... if you handled it, great but don't push it further than you know you can take it and if you haven't touched them, my general advice is don't...

^^ I totally agree. Many psychedelics allow you to gain insight into parts of yourself that are available at the uncounsious level. Also it helps when taking shrooms, salvia, mdma to have someone there who is sober. I once took shrooms and was struck with the notion that i was gonna die. I mean i really thought i was gonna die. Being unable to handle that can really fuck you up. Oh and to those of you who are going to be asking what the hell is salvia?/

http://www.erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia.shtml

http://www.erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia_effects.shtml

MDMA + 2 bottles of vodka did, very literally, kill me. As in no heart beat, no breathing and no pupil response for just under a minute. But i survived, and went and sat by a river for 3hrs thinking about what had happened. If anything that expirence made me a stonger person.

I kinda think that drugs are akin to over clocking, as in you exceeding the design limits of the human body. Sometimes you can gain tremendous insite, othertimes its a train wreck. You just have to know exactly what your about to do. IE, DO YOUR HOME WORK!

One thing to remeber is that with drugs like LSD/LSA or shrooms, what you belive is going to be real for you. If you get a notion in your head that something bad will happen, then thats exactly what happens. Then you start to panic and it all goes out of control. So you need to be the type of person who can go "well, i can see your soul, the walls are made of glass and i'm not me.... cool?"

I can relate with VaKo on a few levels. I too, have used drugs and alcohol as a way to break my shell and become a more socialable person. I used to smoke pot on the weekends with my friends when I was in 8th and 9th grade and through them I met many more people. I was moving away from my quiet personality and turning into a person whom people liked. I actually had a reason to wake up in the morning.

Now, I no longer smoke pot, going on 3 years now since the last time. I quit because it became a habit far too dangerous to keep. (Most of my family are cops). But once I quit that I longed for something else to help me stay the person I was whenever under the influence of something - I was turning back into the quiet kid who never talked to anyone, especially women.

It was then that I began drinking whenever I had the chance, and always to a point of absolute drunkenness. I would get a fifth of vodka, rum, wiskey, whatever on friday evening and it would be gone within a few hours. I knew I had a probem but I had friends, and that's all that mattered to me.

To this day, I'm still an alcoholic but not as bad as I once was. After a few near death experiences (almost died a few times of alcohol poisoning - never once went to the hospital though. My father would have killed me if he found out) I changed my ways and slowed down my self destructive pattern.

Would I do it all again? Yeah, because through these life experiences I found out who my true friends were and although I only have 5 or so, they're all I need.

And I'm a fun drunk if you were wondering. I'm the guy who's running around hitting on women, shaking hands with guys I don't know, and buying rounds at the bar.

Many psychedelics allow you to gain insight into parts of yourself that are available at the uncounsious level.

While that's true, the subconcious is the subconcious because you aren't supposed to see what's in there - hence the name... I like the overclocking analagy - that works.. if you do your homework and you have a chip that can handle the speeds you're trying to push it t then great, but you might have the chips that were made on a Friday and while they look the same, won't do what the other guy's chip does. Same goes for the human body...

But i survived, and went and sat by a river for 3hrs thinking about what had happened.

Now, I haven't come that close to death before, or not in that way anyhow, but I recommend that whenever you get the chance to go sit by that river for those 3 hours whenever you can... even if there hasn't been anything big... just take stock of the day/week or whatever... it's good for you, it gives your body and mind a chance to chill and work through things ... it also gets you away from your computer. I might be something of a hypocrite to say that it gets you away from your computer but seriously, just do it once a week or so... maybe even only once a month... but try it, you'll see that it helps a lot...

Would I do it all again? Yeah, because through these life experiences I found out who my true friends were and although I only have 5 or so, they're all I need.

And I'm a fun drunk if you were wondering. I'm the guy who's running around hitting on women, shaking hands with guys I don't know, and buying rounds at the bar.

Good on you! I no longer think it's cool (for me personally... I still say other people should go have fun if they want to and there are no issues around it) to go get smashed but when I used to, I like to meet people who do randomly shake hands and start talking about whatever! I despise people who go out just to get leary and kick someone in - it's supposed to be fun... for everyone!

I do agree though that SOMETIMES in THE RIGHT SITUATION it can be good to experience something like we've mentioned here (or rather some of the people on this forum - and kudos to you guys for bringing it up) but seriously do be careful and don't be dumb... take life easy be (fairly) responsible and most of all try to enjoy what you can.