Vista delusions

theSmiler

I have a friend who says he's "migrating" to Vista. I laughed because it's practically the same OS.

He says Vista lets him download his l33t w4r3z faster and it boots quicker.

I tell him that his download speeds depend on who is seeding at that time and any improvement in Windows networking won't be noticeable on internet connections, as he has a set speed of 52kbps. Also, any new installation of anything boots faster than an old installation (he had the same XP installation for ages and was complaining about random lag recently), AND Vista should be starting more during boot than XP does, so it makes no sense.

Which one of us is right?

You know enough about what you're talking about that you shouldn't question yourself.
I know, but the person in question is supposed to know just as much as me. He's studying Games Programming at a University, and I'm studying Computer Systems Engineering at a TAFE.

EDIT: Plus, I've only ever used Vista for a few minutes, but in theory I should be right.

I don't think it's a real question.

I think it's more like those questions girls ask like, "does my butt look big in this?" where they're not asking for an accurate appraisal of the degree to which a particular item of clothing actually changes the perceived dimensions of their anatomy.

Rather they just feel guilty about that huge piece of chocolate cake that they ate the other day and want to be told that they appear attractive.

So, yes. theSmiler, you are absolutely correct and your friend is a moron... and no, you're butt doesn't look big in that

there's no doubt in my mind that his l33t w4r3z are downloading at the same speed they always were. and unless I'm mistaken fresh XP will bot as fast if not faster then fresh Vista(but I can't speak for speed/ready-boost or whatever that new boot up thing is called)

I don't think it's a real question.

I think it's more like those questions girls ask like, "does my butt look big in this?" where they're not asking for an accurate appraisal of the degree to which a particular item of clothing actually changes the perceived dimensions of their anatomy.

Rather they just feel guilty about that huge piece of chocolate cake that they ate the other day and want to be told that they appear attractive.

So, yes. theSmiler, you are absolutely correct and your friend is a moron... and no, you're butt doesn't look big in that

Hey, just asking for clarification on thinks I thought were set theory.

My god that is the best thing i've read this year. My hat goes off to you sir.

My god that is the best thing i've read this year. My hat goes off to you sir.

Hay. Do you think these pants make my penis look small?

If your friend wants his computer to boot faster and wants to download his 1337 stuffs faster then tell him to "migrate" to a new computer with a faster internet connection.

May I have permission to quote you next time a fem ask me something like that? :) lol

I Think Vista will be a nice improvement in the future. But until they work out all the kinks, I think it's still going to be a better idea to just stay with xp at the moment. But then again, When it come to my own preference I always say give the Linux Side of things a try.