problems

drforbin

I just received my new pineapple vII and am having problems.

I am getting a a warning about setting time that it is misconfigured. also when I get a connection the unit is very very slow with forwarding packets?

I have tried ALL the software versions

any ideas guys?

There is a function in the system settings to have the time sync'd with the browser - if the browser allows it. That will help with the time connection if not connected to the internet. 

I feel we are at the early adopter stage or otherwise known as "we will feel the pain of new hardware and software phase 0"

I have just been testing with using the wlan2 interface to provide internet access to clients.

The throughput makes the device unusable at the moment for me.   

The wifi I am connecting too is using decent unifi access points and the internet connection is around 250 Mbps for clients directly connected.  

If the client connects via the P7 the speed drops to 0.3 Mbps which makes the internet unusable. Any client that does connect, will soon disconnect due to terrible internet performance.

Hope this can be resolved via a software update

Thanks!

On 9/22/2020 at 9:44 PM, DF00 said:

There is a function in the system settings to have the time sync'd with the browser - if the browser allows it. That will help with the time connection if not connected to the internet. 

I feel we are at the early adopter stage or otherwise known as "we will feel the pain of new hardware and software phase 0"

Actually, the software is supposed to be a "refinement" (in the words of Darren) of the previous pineapple generation.

Thanks for the report @drforbin - we can surely take a look at what's going on with the slow down when broadcasting the SSID pool. More details will be required so please post the contents of your SSID pool as well as the debug log which may be found from the help page.

With regards to throughput, the MK7 should have about the same wireless client mode speeds as its predecessors. The focus has always been on balancing the hardware for its core functionality (identifying devices vulnerable to rogue ap/performing recon/new campaigns). If higher throughput is necessary for your application consider USB Ethernet or tethering/ICS.

As others have mentioned, the notification about setting time is for your convenience. Clicking the notification will give you the option to sync the time with your browser, or you can wait after connecting the MK7 to the Internet, at which time it will sync with NTP.

Darren,

Thanks for writing me back. I'll try and get you debug log, but the contents of ssid pool does not matter. It can be even one ssid.

As soon as broardcast ssid is checked it for all purposes halts forwarding of connected clients.

It seems to work OK, not great without broadcasting enabled.

As for time. I can connect with a AP (have internet connection) and sync with browser and the time config problem will go away only to return about 10 mins later.

The device seems very very buggy!

thanxs

I have found in testing the following:

If I connect via the Open Access Point, then there is no issue with network performance.  I am getting around 13Mbps

If I connect via an SSID that is broadcast by PineAP then the network throughput is very slow and unusable for the client.  I am getting less the 1Mbps

This is using the latest Beta 4 of the 1.0.1 firmware

@Darren Kitchenif you need any more information, please just ask.  I really hope this issue can be solved in the first patch.  Not being able to use broadcast SSIDs from PineAP sort of defeats the object 😞

Thanks in advance!

I made a couple of tests.  I am using wifi to provide the internet connection to the P7

There first screenshot show the throughput when connected to the Open Access Point

1016553866_Openaccesspoint.thumb.jpeg.a08d1a85309595854a3850abd677791a.jpeg

The screenshot shows the same device throughput when connected to the Broadcast SSID from PineAP

885284154_broadcastaccesspoint.thumb.jpeg.fa70cf8ed8afc633b62338b78ba466d8.jpeg

It seems like the throughput is dramatically lower when the client is connected to the Broadcast SSID from PineAP

Can anyone help!  Please!

Thanks

David

diagnostics-report.txt

hey Darren, I just got my shark jack in the mail and everything was going smooth until I tried to ssh into the shark jack. It said network error: connection refused?? Is there a certain reason this is happening? And also I cant find my shark jacks interface anymore that first time was the only time it got that far??

Love your content man, hoping you have some wise words of wisdom.

16 hours ago, Erik91 said:

Is there a certain reason this is happening?

Battery ran out? IP changed? i did find windows can play with IP sometimes if your using windows. If so i had better luck when forcing the required IP manually for arming mode.

https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/categories/360002117973-Shark-Jack

Archived