Hak5 Forums
Zylla

Kismet - Now working on Pineapples!

There is no real advantage running the Nano plugged into the Tetra for kismet. The new kismet handles remotes as they are like local sources , hence if you have the Nano and Tetra running side by side as a kismet remote you are getting all the benefits of all 4 radios.

• Like 2

On 5/29/2018 at 7:08 PM, b0N3z said:

kind of what I figured and @Zylla you would definitely have to use the y-cable with a battery or some kind of power to make sure the nano is fully powered

Yeh, that was actually what i meant to say. Could probably  have phrased it better :)

Great work @Zylla! I'm late to the party but i'll be trying this out later 😊

• Like 1

Im also getting the below error as mentioned in an earlier post. I think if I read it correct I need to get libmicrohttpd installed but coming from Ubuntu with apt-get to ease me, Im not sure the best way to install this on the pineapple since there is no apt :O

Help would be greatly appreciated. 

Installing kismet (28.05.2018-0) to root...
Collected errors:
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for kismet:
 *      libdw *         libmicrohttpd *         libcap *        protobuf *      libprotobuf-c *         python *        python-setuptools *     python-pip *
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kismet.

Run «opkg update» before installing the IPK.

If it complains about any other missing libs, they are all in the repo. downloadable. 🙂

Thanks for the quick response. Only had time to try it now and worked perfect. Set wlan1mon as the source in the config and its running smoothly. Not used the web interface before so going to have a deeper look and set up GPS later today.