Not receiving items booked through Hak5 store

deano123

Must admit I am very surprised with the customer services I receive from Hak5 shop, have spent $239 with them and still not received my goods (been more than a month). Have emailed them numerous times and get very generic vague responses. Come on guys, you can do better than this. Glad I paid through PayPal, that way their dispute resolution should be able to force them to resolve this. ?

• Upvote 1

i also get the same issues i ordered wifi pineapple nano tactical and bash bunny on 18th april till now my order status still on ordered.. its been 4 days.... im really disappointed with hak5...if in two week time i havent recieved any email im going ask for refund...

Handling time is generally 1 business day for all shipments, unless otherwise noted on our blog. In some cases, for instance if additional verification is required, an order may take up to 3 business days to ship. Orders received after 10am Pacific Time are sometimes not processed until the next business day. US orders typically arrive in 2-5 business days. International orders typically arrive in 4-10 business days, depending on location. - by hak 5 store policy LOL

• Like 1

@Sebkinne - I did PM you, but still no response from support. Not a 'dickie bird'. I even emailed support again, and they don't even reply anymore. Feels like they have grabbed my money and could not give a dam. All I can say to those on this forum, make sure you pay through PayPal or use a credit card, because if something goes wrong with your order there is a third party to cover your back. Such a shame ?

• Like 1

On 4/21/2018 at 3:58 PM, xinjie00 said:

i also get the same issues i ordered wifi pineapple nano tactical and bash bunny on 18th april till now my order status still on ordered.. its been 4 days.... im really disappointed with hak5...if in two week time i havent recieved any email im going ask for refund...

Have you got the URL to this policy, because I just got an email from support saying that it takes up to 30 days for international orders. So guessing your quoted policy is now obsolete. Anyway support have failed to recognise that my wait has been well over 30 days. The story continues....

Hak5 are a good bunch of guys n gals. I think this is a case of impatience.

In an era of Amazon next-day-delivery, too many people assume instant service from every supplier. This is not how life works.

Please also note that these are not necessarily 'off-the-shelf' items. When you order stuff on Amazon, it's already been made by someone else and is in a warehouse ready to be shipped. Hak5 design, build and ship their own bespoke products.

Patience is a virtue.

@Haze14334 -  I am sure they are a nice bunch of guys and maybe this is an exception to the norm, but I think it is unfair to compare my issue with Amazon next day delivery expectation. I have been waiting nearly 1 and half months, so think I am justified with my complaint. The reason I brought it to this forum, is because support were not even replying to my query. Also left it 3 weeks before raising the issue.

Edited by deano123

Deano123 - I'm really sorry we completely dropped the ball on this. I really appreciate your patience and understanding - but you shouldn't have to wait a month for your order or a week for a response. You have my word we'll make this right - and in doing so we'll prevent this from happening again.

I must admit we're pretty damn good for the 99% of orders, but the edge cases like yours where packages go lost, stolen, stuck in customs, bounced back to us or any number of other odd exceptions - we can do better.

For what it's worth, we're in the midst of a transition here internally where we're revamping a lot of processes that were put in place ad hoc as we grew from the garage. For the most part there has already been a lot of refinement on the backend, but customer service - especially with these edge cases - is the number one area where we need improvement.

Based on this experience, we're developing a bot which will monitor the packages tracking while they're in transit and alert us if an order is taking longer than usual to get to its destination. That way we can be proactive about notifying the customer and helping in situations where customs or the shipping carriers cause issues.

I know this doesn't immediately solve your particular issue, but know that we're taking the issue seriously and we're working to solve your AWOL package in the process. You'll be hearing from us via ZenDesk/Email shortly.

xinjie00 - Your order held briefly since there was a short delay between the order being accepted and one of the items - I believe the WiFi Pineapple - being available at the warehouse. I'm 99% certain it left the warehouse yesterday (Monday).

Regarding the 30 day policy for international orders - I'd say that it's more like 2-5 days for DHL and 4-11 days for USPS - but unfortunately customs can add up to another 3-4 weeks if the package gets held and while it only impacts less than 1% of orders, sadly it's something that's completely out of our hands. The hope is that our new order tracking/alerting bot will allow us to be proactive in these situations.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Darren Kitchen said:

Deano123 - I'm really sorry we completely dropped the ball on this. I really appreciate your patience and understanding - but you shouldn't have to wait a month for your order or a week for a response. You have my word we'll make this right - and in doing so we'll prevent this from happening again.

I must admit we're pretty damn good for the 99% of orders, but the edge cases like yours where packages go lost, stolen, stuck in customs, bounced back to us or any number of other odd exceptions - we can do better.

For what it's worth, we're in the midst of a transition here internally where we're revamping a lot of processes that were put in place ad hoc as we grew from the garage. For the most part there has already been a lot of refinement on the backend, but customer service - especially with these edge cases - is the number one area where we need improvement.

Based on this experience, we're developing a bot which will monitor the packages tracking while they're in transit and alert us if an order is taking longer than usual to get to its destination. That way we can be proactive about notifying the customer and helping in situations where customs or the shipping carriers cause issues.

I know this doesn't immediately solve your particular issue, but know that we're taking the issue seriously and we're working to solve your AWOL package in the process. You'll be hearing from us via ZenDesk/Email shortly.

xinjie00 - Your order held briefly since there was a short delay between the order being accepted and one of the items - I believe the WiFi Pineapple - being available at the warehouse. I'm 99% certain it left the warehouse yesterday (Monday).

Regarding the 30 day policy for international orders - I'd say that it's more like 2-5 days for DHL and 4-11 days for USPS - but unfortunately customs can add up to another 3-4 weeks if the package gets held and while it only impacts less than 1% of orders, sadly it's something that's completely out of our hands. The hope is that our new order tracking/alerting bot will allow us to be proactive in these situations.

And like a Root Admin from realms beyond comprehension, Darren descended swiftly to the aid of his troubled beloved ones. He provided insight, reassurance, and a promise of a better future. What a man, what a guy, ladies and gents...Darren Kitchen.

2 hours ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

Hak5 stuff comes within a week or 2 from my experience, and I live on the other side of the world. ? 

Its almost two week adding waiting time for hak 5 and till now the usps still show me package acceptance pendjng arghhh.....and im impatience cause im a student currenly and i saved for a few months to buy this stuffs...after i bought i scroll the forum i saw alot of people posting about not recieveing goods they had bought and hak5 no reply on and on and on ....and its making me worried too...

SmartSelect_20180426-111439_Chrome.jpg

Edited by xinjie00

44 minutes ago, xinjie00 said:

Its almost two week adding waiting time for hak 5 and till now the usps still show me package acceptance pendjng arghhh.....and im impatience cause im a student currenly and i saved for a few months to buy this stuffs...after i bought i scroll the forum i saw alot of people posting about not recieveing goods they had bought and hak5 no reply on and on and on ....and its making me worried too...

Please stop carrying on like that. Darren and Sebkinne have both commented saying that they are trying to speed things up, so please sit tight. I've ordered a few things from Hak5 before and I, for one, can say their postage time is great. I will admit that the second time they temporarily lost my order because of a "print server issue", though, however they contacted me within 24 hours saying that it's on it's way, and also refunded my postage costs. ? Your order will not go un-posted.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

Please stop carrying on like that. Darren and Sebkinne have both commented saying that they are trying to speed things up, so please sit tight. I've ordered a few things from Hak5 before and I, for one, can say their postage time is great. I will admit that the second time they temporarily lost my order because of a "print server issue", though, however they contacted me within 24 hours saying that it's on it's way, and also refunded my postage costs. ? Your order will not go un-posted.

Im juz explaining y im impatience 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2018 at 7:38 PM, Darren Kitchen said:

Must say a big thanks to Darren for stepping in to resolve this issue. Seems the original package got held up somewhere US side, and Darren immediately got a new package resent via DHL. I have now received all items today, though I was stung with a larger than expected customs fee (which is absolutely no fault of Hak5, and out of their hands). I feel it was only decent to state this on this forum, and my trust in Hak5 is now regained. Looking forward to experimenting with these gadget ?

Edited by deano123

• 3 months later...
On 4/24/2018 at 8:38 PM, Darren Kitchen said:

Can you also look at my order? Almost two weeks after i got the shipping confirmation the items are still not traceable via dhl tracking. Also no reply on zendesk for 7 days. 

13 minutes ago, H5.v6on said:

10 days, and counting... allso no reply on my email to darren(at)hak5.com ...or here. Thumbs up guys, you’re doing a great job. 

You do know they are at Defcon, or just were? The run up to that is extremely busy, and after it they take a few days.

Now, yes a week waiting for a response, or more is quite a while, and understandable you're eager for a response. 

2 hours ago, H5.v6on said:

10 days, and counting... allso no reply on my email to darren(at)hak5.com ...or here. Thumbs up guys, you’re doing a great job. 

Hi, sorry for the wait. As Rkiver said we've been at DEFCON. Could you private message me your support ticket number?

I have been waiting almost a month! For an order that was to be delivered in 48hrs. I spent alot of money I bought prettt much everything in the Hakshop. $1000 order that was confirmwd shipped and when contacting DHL they informed me the warehouse never gave them the package.. Then I got a reply a week later from Hak support saying and I quote "Your package was quarantined at the boarder as"Hazmat". Took a week and a half to get the next reply saying the issue is the Tetra Tactical and the Batteries it uses can't get through customs.. ? Sooo no one in Canada has ever bought the Tetra Tactical? I don't know what to do as theres no number to actually talk to someone about it. I have asked for a status update on my order 5 days ago and have not received any response. I know things happen and orders get backed up, however its been almost a month now and I would have thought a $1000 order! would be a priority, our team had plans to place multiple orders. My Order number is #141507 if someone can look into this matter we would be very greatful and hope we can get assurance this is not a regular occurrence to ensure the continuation of future buisness. 

Thanks sincerely Shawn Anderson

I received a product defective due to UPS handling of the product UPS tried calling them to start a claim on the shipping I've tried calling and I Submitted a support ticket 14 days ago on august first and still no response. Submitted a second ticket about not getting a response on the first ticket and they respond to that one saying she will let the guy, the first ticket is assigned to, know to take a look at it but he still doest respond to the ticket. 

For future orders would anyone know if it would be possibly better to do multiple little orders or one large order? After all the "hazard" issues at the boarder we are still having difficulty having anything shipped out as there is keeps being something not in stock lol. I see that as a good sign. If inventory is low then buisness is good. An associate wants to order a similar order, as I mentioned I bought pretty much 1 of everything from the the hakshop, any insight as to if she should place multiple orders 1 per item or just all at once as normally large orders are not an issue? 

Thanks for any insight guys  ✌️

On 8/13/2018 at 3:31 PM, Foxtrot said:

Hi, sorry for the wait. As Rkiver said we've been at DEFCON. Could you private message me your support ticket number?

Okey, I get that. But now you are back. But you’re still not answering follow up questions. You guys have a job to do when it comes to reply time and customer service. 

As for my order. It never got registered with DHL because of the tetra tactical battery. Large battery pack/powerbanks are not allowed on planes. (New international rules)

I placed a new order yesterday without the battery pack. That’s actually not a problem. I can buy the same battery in my local electronics shop. This order are already picked up, and on its way to me.

The only downside to this is that I will not get the tetra tactical backpack.

Any way to get only the WiFi Pineapple Tetra Tactical backpack. 

Regarding battery shipments. You MUST inform the buyers that batteries are not allowed by air transport. And that they most likely will never get battery orders. The shipping cost is under 1/3 without the battery and when we count in import tax etc. it’s only logical NOT to buy battry orders overseas.

How about setting up a tactical pack for foreign customers w/o batteries?