Error connecting to WiFiPineapple.com. Please check your connection.

Frosty523

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I should have been more clear, everything is set up just fine. Everything has a solid connection. It's just when I get to http://172.16.42.1:1471/#/modules/Dashboard. I log in just fine, but when I click load bulletins from WiFi Pineapple.com it gives that message

I have the same problem, any ideas how to fix it on the Windows 10 system?

When I connect it to my Andriod phone, it seems like I get a connecting because the builtons and other stuff are loading but when I try to update it through the GUI (under advanced), the progress bar is blank,,,,

• 1 month later...

i believe you have to share your connection with the pineapple, on wifi its an adapter change but i want to know how to do it when using Ethernet as a connection

• 8 months later...

I followed that video... and I actually made the Nano work...

Then I moved my laptop with Windows 10 and WIFI connection around the house, and all of a sudden this error popped up : 

RWK25TF.png

I redid the steps in the video... but no dice... 
I cannot get the nano to connect to the internet... .

Any pointers ?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have just received my Nano Pineapple Tactical, so eagerly unpacked, connected up and watched the above video, which is at 100mph, the number of times pause and rewind!

However, as a few have experienced I get the same "Error connecting to WiFiPineapple.com" message.

I am on Windows 10 64bit.

I have retried several times with various suggestion such as DNS and Gateway IP's although most say don't require as per video, depends how many takes the video actually took?

Really frustrating.

My internet works as I am here so is there any tools or way to test the connection or route the nano is taking to my ethernet card etc, please?

• 4 weeks later...

I have solved the problem and worked good for me guys.

You just have to go to "network connections" and go to the network you are using, click on propeties>sharing and disable the "internet connection sharing" (if it was enabled) and click OK, then go back to "internet connection sharing" option and click allow>(Choose your wifipineappleconnection)>OK. Then go to your WifiPineapple network and check if your IPv4 options are correct, if not, just correct it, i hope you solve the problem. 

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Ok, well the Answer "You need to fix your internet connection" doesn't help at all. Obviously if we get the error "Error connecting to WiFiPineapple.com. Please check your connection." there is an internet connection issue. 

Using LINUX - Parrot Security OS

I am using the wp6.sh script and doing everything as I am supposed to. Now this works perfectly on my Lenova laptop with the exact same install and everything. However, on my Dell I keep getting this same error. Can someone give me a solid answer on how to fix this issue please? I do not need a piece of equipment I spent over $100 on to not work when I am on the job...

I would look like an idiot to any client if this pineapple does this on the job...

1 hour ago, VapinPagan said:

Using LINUX - Parrot Security OS

I am using the wp6.sh script and doing everything as I am supposed to. Now this works perfectly on my Lenova laptop with the exact same install and everything. However, on my Dell I keep getting this same error. Can someone give me a solid answer on how to fix this issue please? I do not need a piece of equipment I spent over $100 on to not work when I am on the job...

I would look like an idiot to any client if this pineapple does this on the job...

To clear things up this shouldn't be a pineapple issue if it works on another machine with same OS. It's much more likely an internet connection sharing issue on the Dell laptop. The good news is you have both a working and non-working machine using the same OS so doing package/network/firewall comparisons should be straight forward.

Do you get any errors running the wp6.sh? It seems on both machines you can connect to the pineapple UI, so networking seems OK bar the sharing. Maybe you can advise the settings you entered into the wp6 script? Are they the same settings entered on both machines?

@Just_a_User -

• I have compared the two and everything is the same.
  • I have tried all three ways using wp6.sh and it connects fine but pineapple is not getting internet (banners do not load)
  • I have tried all sorts of things, using my eth0 connection, about to try wifi to see if it makes any difference, even though it should not.

I am doing everything I do on the other laptop which works perfectly, thus my utter confusion and complete frustration. Wondering if there is something additional, other than the normal setup, that I can do to fix this situation?

Also, yeah I don't think it is a pineapple issue per-se, but it should be a helluva lot easier to setup and get running than this. It is basically a mini router, and I don't have any issues connecting routers of any kind soooo....

I get no errors when I run the wp6 script, although just now when I ran setup it showed two additional entries for the eth0 and eth1 for some reason. If any screenshots would help just let me know. I really want to figure this out not just stumble upon a fix. LOL

5 hours ago, VapinPagan said:

although just now when I ran setup it showed two additional entries for the eth0 and eth1 for some reason.

Could it be that eth0 is gateway/lan to router and eth1 is the pineapple?

Something came to me while drinking a few ciders tonight (im good like that) it could also be a driver, power or hardware thing. Maybe dell has a driver issue and/or less power on its USB ports etc. just thinking out loud. Might be nothing.

Out of interest have you tried Kali, Pentoo, Ubuntu etc? Just wondering if its ParrotOS+Dell or *+Dell.

Hrmm interesting thought about the Dell prefering a particular distro for sure. Other than one has a little bigger processor, little more RAM, a larger HD, and a little better video card there isn't much difference. Just pointing out the mechanical differences that are present would not affect this in any way. I am truly puzzled. I mean at least it is working on the main laptop I need it to, but I use this one to make video tutorials (the Dell), for obvious reasons, so I kinda wanted/needed it working here also. and...i do the tutorials exclusively on Parrot Security soooo.

Interesting thing, shutdown everything earlier, visited my daughter for a bit, came back home and hooked it all up to start trying again and the pineapple went into first time connection setup all over again...still get the "Error connecting to WiFiPineapple.com. Please check your connection." error message. (sigh)

I should mention I did delete my copy of the wp6.sh script and grabbed it again before doing all this just to be sure.

Oh yeah, and eth0 is indeed the internet connection and eth1 is the pineapple.

4 hours ago, VapinPagan said:

Just pointing out the mechanical differences that are present would not affect this in any way.

They may use different device drivers, which may cause unexpected issues. It is a long shot i know but i don't see other differences. Well, without sitting down in front of actual machine.

To be fair the wp6.sh just automates a manual process, you could do this manually. And follow any ParrotOS internet connection sharing guide you can find.

• 3 weeks later...

I have exactly the same issue. run through the setup instructions, select the connection for pineapple and for internal wireless lan card that connects to the router, key in correct gateway address for router. Nothing

I have the very same problem here.

It appears to have occurred after going from the Ralink wifi adapter back to USB ethernet.

I can connect to the management portal but cannot connect to wifipineapple.com which is obviously up

However mine does not have a second IP address under the advanced tab.  I have tried disabling and enabling the adapter, unplugging and plugging it back in, and redoing the ICS several times to no avail.  Do I need to do a factory reset just to get it work again?

Capture 1.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

Capture 3.PNG

I experience the exect same issue. I've bought the Nano 6 months ago but failed to get the internet-sharing bit up and running. Very frustrated I disregarded the whole (for me not working) Wifi Pineapple Nano.

Recently I found the Nano again, and thought i'd give it a new try. Unfortunately same outcome. This just does not work!! Upgraded firmware/factory reset/followed all information on this forum and the rest of the internet. It-does-Not-work.

Sorry for my frustration, maybe somebody can give me any support please?

3 minutes ago, Marco said:

I experience the exect same issue. I've bought the Nano 6 months ago but failed to get the internet-sharing bit up and running. Very frustrated I disregarded the whole (for me not working) Wifi Pineapple Nano.

Recently I found the Nano again, and thought i'd give it a new try. Unfortunately same outcome. This just does not work!! Upgraded firmware/factory reset/followed all information on this forum and the rest of the internet. It-does-Not-work.

Sorry for my frustration, maybe somebody can give me any support please?

I use Windows 10 64bit 1809 (17763.503)

13 hours ago, VapinPagan said:

Spectre32787 - You need to use 176.16.42.1which is the wifi pineapples address. 

I tried using its gateway address .1 but it still doesnt work.

According tothe HAK5 youtube setup video I am to use .42 for its IP and log in using the .1 address

@Spectre32787 - Oh ok, then yes that is correct. I have the exact same OS, setup, same tools, etc on two laptops...a Dell and a Lenova. The lenova it worked right out of the box, the Dell it just refuses to connect to the pineapple. I sit here staring at a stalled browser page, never connects. So far I haven't really received any support. Love the Hak5 tools and videos but their support is lacking sadly for their equipment.

I have even wondered if there are perhaps some drivers I need to install that are missing...

Can someone, anyone from Hak5 help us with this issue? We have all spent good hard earned money to buy these things and we just want some help to get it working.

Archived