Are you camping out this Wiikend?

RobotChild

Not that I live in America:

Every Best Buy in America (and Canada?) will have AT LEAST 20 Wii (plural of Wii is Wii?). I would guess that means that the least used of there shops wil have 20, and the most heavily used will have upwards of 300. I seems pretty likely any one who really wants one will be able to find one some where. Remember, Nintendo arn't having stock issues like Sony are, and every Wii sold is money straight in to there pockets. It;s in there interest to make sure that every one that wants one on launch day gets one.

I'm camping out, but just buying a controller

you aren't serious right?

i don't know about you, but if you've got a controller but no wii into which to put it i'm guessing that you're gonna feel pretty silly.

i'm not really the wait in line person anyway, i was always the type to wait for whatever everyone was making a big deal about

I'm camping out, but just buying a controller

you aren't serious right?

i don't know about you, but if you've got a controller but no wii into which to put it i'm guessing that you're gonna feel pretty silly.

i'm not really the wait in line person anyway, i was always the type to wait for whatever everyone was making a big deal about

No, I was kidding. I'll go and get one around noon or before I go to a friend's.

There are 30 or so Wii in my teeny-tiny town. I'm sure there are going to be campers.

Funny thing is, is that there are still PS3s in stock. Only one got sold.

1. Give a homeless guy $5 - $15 per day he sits in line.

2. He buys the device on opening day (people might get miffed if you swap position with him at the last minute)

3. Sell it on eBay at 8x original price

4. Profit!

1. Give a homeless guy $5 - $15 per day he sits in line.

2. He buys the device on opening day (people might get miffed if you swap position with him at the last minute)

3. Sell it on eBay at 8x original price

4. Profit!

Don't laugh, in Toronto, people WERE paying people to stand in line for the PS3.

And in the USA, two people tried robbing a couple of geeks who just bought the PS3. Long story short, one the the assailants is in critical condition after getting out of surgery. (And I'm not makeing that up)

Can I post this here?

What's with consoles! I hate the little thumb sticks, you can never get head shots and whats going to happen when Xbox 360 players can play with PC players on Vista? 360 is going to get pwned(arn't they)? Consoles only have a few functions and arn't as flexiable as computers. I must admit they are getting better, I heard that you will be able to get mouse/keyboard for PS3 and also Linux. Also isnt building computers so much more fun than just plugging a console (I helped Dad build ours).

BTW thw Wii does look ok with its batton thingy.

This is just my personal view.

</rant>

PS. Admins probably don't want this turned into a flame war so just keep this quiet.

Can I post this here?

What's with consoles! I hate the little thumb sticks, you can never get head shots and whats going to happen when Xbox 360 players can play with PC players on Vista? 360 is going to get pwned(arn't they)? Consoles only have a few functions and arn't as flexiable as computers. I must admit they are getting better, I heard that you will be able to get mouse/keyboard for PS3 and also Linux. Also isnt building computers so much more fun than just plugging a console (I helped Dad build ours).

BTW thw Wii does look ok with its batton thingy.

This is just my personal view.

</rant>

PS. Admins probably don't want this turned into a flame war so just keep this quiet.

I guess you didn't see the commercial for red steel?

Oh my fuck....

Just got back from a five hour camping session.

Our WalMart had 18 Wiis. I was #6 in line with a bunch of friends.

Since, I wasn't actually buying the Wii I decided to scalp off the ticket.

I got offers as high as 75$!

I sold it for 20$ to a late-comer friend though. (Gotta be nice to your friends!)

Ha, I went to work today at Costco (new job), and found seven kids camped out with tents and shit. They got tickets as to who gets first dibbs, but we had 40 of them. About 2pm, during my lunch break, i went and bought one ($400, came with 2 controllers and 2 games) and we still had about 15 left. We didn't even sell out until around 5pm. It makes me laugh at those poor saps who camped out all night. They could have just come in after opening and got one with no problem.

Oh man.

I just got back from the Times Sqaure Toys 'r Us with a Wii. I headed down there today with a friend and we got one each, of the 5000 available. I also picked up the Zelda game. It was too bad they were sold out of extra controls, but I was lucky I was able to grab a copy of Zelda for me and my friend.

Anyway yeah, got the Wii, went to Times Square, waited in line for 20 minutes, paid $325 for everything, came back home and loved my Wii. I'll post some pix of it later tonight or tomorrow.

Oh man.

I just got back from the Times Sqaure Toys 'r Us with a Wii. I headed down there today with a friend and we got one each, of the 5000 available. I also picked up the Zelda game. It was too bad they were sold out of extra controls, but I was lucky I was able to grab a copy of Zelda for me and my friend.

Anyway yeah, got the Wii, went to Times Square, waited in line for 20 minutes, paid $325 for everything, came back home and loved my Wii. I'll post some pix of it later tonight or tomorrow.

Awesome!

Too bad you couldn't get a second controller, Wii Sports Boxing with a friend is really damn fun.

Have you patched it up yet?