[Release] 2.2.X - Codename: Disassociotops

Sebkinne

Hey everyone,

Hot off the heels of 2.1, we're excited to bring you the next feature release for our favorite fruit!
2.2.x - lovingly code named Disassociotops - brings some awesome new features including a built in deauth attack using PineAP, and it's integrated right into Recon Mode. There's also options to add Access Points to the SSID list right from Recon Mode. This makes it convenient for the penetration tester to not only clone the contracted AP, but also target its clients with deauth attacks encouraging reconnection attempts to the WiFi Pineapple on your next engagement.
The UI received some love in the way of a new service toggle. Instead of the classic Enabled and Disabled notifiers with corresponding Enable / Disable links, a checkbox style toggle has been implemented. Now at a glance you can tell if a service, like Dogma, is running. Starting a service is just a matter of clicking the checkbox. If a service takes a moment to come online, for example PineAP when switching wlan1 to monitor mode, a pineapple spinner will indicate the working status. We hope you like this UI change, as well as the API update that makes it super easy for Infusion developers to take advantage of this new feature.
Other niceties include a connected client count on the status bar (a feature we'll be iterating on soon) as well as an indicator for wlan2 on the Network small tile if such an adapter is present, in addition to a swarm of bug fixes.
We're in rapid dev mode working on a laundry list of features that we'll be iterating through quickly over the next few months as we head into a major 3.0 milestone with the next low level code refactoring. Exciting times are surely upon us!

Changelog 2.2.0:

• Deauthentication is now part of PineAP
    • It is now possible to deauthenticate a specified client from an AP.
    • Deauthentication is possible through Recon Mode by clicking a client MAC address
  • New Service Toggle UI Element
    • A Check box-like GUI element replaces the classic Enabled / Disabled indicators with corresponding Disable / Enable links.
    • This toggle function is part of the new API and available for all Infusion developers to easily implement using their existing functions.php
    • If a service takes a moment to start, a pineapple spinner will replace the check box graphic to indicate status
  • Display wlan2 status on Network small tile if adapter is present
  • Number of connected clients now displays in top status bar
  • Added feature to remove all entries from SSID Pool
  • Added hotplug script to auto connect with two of the most popular modems, the Huawei E355 and Verizon Pantech UML295
  • Add SSID to Karma Filter (Blacklist / Whitelist) added to AP context menu in Recon Mode
  • Bug Fixes
    • Fixed switching between black / whitelist mode not showing in karma config
    • Fixed top status bar from overlapping after connected clients change
    • Fixed large tile not being visible in Firefox in some situations
    • Fixed harvester not being able to be started from the command line
    • Fixed infusion developers not being able to download packaged infusions
Download: Over the air through the web-interface. (alternatively at https://wifipineapple.com?downloads)
Note: To flash this over the web-interface, please make sure your info tile is at it's latest version.
As usual, please leave any feedback in this thread.
Bugs, suggestions can also (and should be) be left here.
We hope you enjoy this release!
-The WiFi Pineapple Team
cjiDmhE.png

Thank you, thank you. That was a 15 minute Photoshop job. It means a lot to me that you enjoy.

I mean, don't get me wrong - Seb worked really hard on the software too - but hey, we all know why we're really here :tongue:

His boots have no laces.. you just lost a valued customer ;-)

There seems to be an issue with autossh tile. When I click the checkbox to enable, the pineapple loading spinner shows then goes away. When I manually start the service via cli, it works. If i start it via cli and then refresh the webui, it is checked.

Confirmed! I´m also unable to enable AutoSSH, generate a Key or change the Ports.

Edited by BeNe

@ Seb

Hi buddy just noticed using karma i blacklisted my mac, was playing around with my pineapple went to take it off blacklist it said it had but i was still blacklisted and had to use a diffrent computer to factory reset it as i couldnt remove my mac

Regards

Raz0r

There seems to be an issue with autossh tile. When I click the checkbox to enable, the pineapple loading spinner shows then goes away. When I manually start the service via cli, it works. If i start it via cli and then refresh the webui, it is checked.

Confirmed! I´m also unable to enable AutoSSH, generate a Key or change the Ports.

Hi guys,

I am able to generate my Public Key, add the authorized host, transfer the public key and finally start AutoSSH without an issue.

I cannot reproduce any of the issues you have brought up.

I'll verify with a couple of testers if they also see this issue.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

I'm having this problem as well but I can still SSH into the Pineapple...should this be happening?

@Sebkinne What browser have you been testing with? This version doesn't seem to like safari or safari mobile very much. Things like tile layout and toggles don't always work like the previous version, but using a browser like iceweasel works perfectly.

Also, How many Deauths are sent with the new option? When selecting the option, my test client gets deauth only once. Is this the expected behavior?

And one last question, is there a way, other than the system logs,to see what clients are currently getting deauthenticated?

I'm having this problem as well but I can still SSH into the Pineapple...should this be happening?

I absolutely cannot reproduce this issue in firefox, chrome / chromium / safari.

You should always be able to SSH into your WiFI Pineapple directly - AutoSSH doesn't impact this.

@Sebkinne What browser have you been testing with? This version doesn't seem to like safari or safari mobile very much. Things like tile layout and toggles don't always work like the previous version, but using a browser like iceweasel works perfectly.

Also, How many Deauths are sent with the new option? When selecting the option, my test client gets deauth only once. Is this the expected behavior?

And one last question, is there a way, other than the system logs,to see what clients are currently getting deauthenticated?

1. Just tested on my girlfriends Mac, Safari works well (except the logout button jumps down a line. That'll need to get fixed) in regards to the toggles. No issues there. Otherwise, we use chrome / chromium and Firefox to test. On mobile devices, I only own an Android. On the iPhone5 (emulated via developer tools), I see that the Autostart toggle in the PineAP tile is not appearing on the next line correctly, but the functionality seems to work. I'll try to get my hands on an iPhone later today.

2. Currently, enough deauths are sent to kick a client off once. The next version will feature an 'aggressive' mode and possibly offer long term deauth between a specified client and a specified access point.

3. Once we implement the latter, you'll be able to see a list. Now, the deauth is done after the pineapple is done spinning. That hardly gives you enough time to do anything else.

I personally have tried with chrome and Firefox. Both being the latest versions.

Cannot reproduce it. Tried every browser I have access to - AutoSSH starts.

To verify if the issue is really the toggle, add "logger STARTING AUTOSSH" into /etc/init.d/autossh (in the start() function, above config_load 'autossh').

Then, after hitting the toggle, try checking your syslog (log infusion) for that line.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Can someone please explain how to Deauth with PineAP suite?

Once I go to RECON mode and I slect an AP as a Target, then I'm faced with:

Add to PineAP SSID list

Add SSID to Karma filter

Remove SSID to Karma filter

What must i do to deauth the Target AP?

I can Deauth with the Deauth infusion without a problem.

As always, Many thanks!

@Sebkinne

thanks for the quick response, try the pineap module on the iPhone if you can, scrolling seems to scroll the background page and not the actual infusion. also the logs tab isn't displaying correctly and wrapping any lines.

Deauth info makes sense! thanks

Can someone please explain how to Deauth with PineAP suite?
Once I go to RECON mode and I slect an AP as a Target, then I'm faced with:
Add to PineAP SSID list
Add SSID to Karma filter
Remove SSID to Karma filter
What must i do to deauth the Target AP?
I can Deauth with the Deauth infusion without a problem.
As always, Many thanks!

Our deauth is more targeted and requires a AP and Client. To deauth from recon mode, scan for clients and click on the client you wish to deauth.

Over the command line, you can use "pineapple infusion pineap deauth <client> <ap>"

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

@Sebkinne

thanks for the quick response, try the pineap module on the iPhone if you can, scrolling seems to scroll the background page and not the actual infusion. also the logs tab isn't displaying correctly and wrapping any lines.

Deauth info makes sense! thanks

I have now tried on an iPhone 4. The screen is very small, and some things are a bit off, but it is usable.

Some elements (especially ones we print out with <pre> - shame on us!) don't scroll properly, and some (like the logs) wrap the text, but overall, I have no issue using any feature - not that I can see anyway.

I did notice the weird scrolling behaviour of scrolling the background - you can blame mobile safari for that. Basically, if the large tile doesn't scroll anymore (or not at all, due to <pre> or simply having little content on it), it will just scroll the next best thing, which in this case is the tiles in the background.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Hi seb,

the AutoSSH functions end in a Error 500. Maybe the same problem with the dips ?

Looks like the wrong functions.php was shipped in the latest firmware (but was correct in my system). That's not good.

The issue has been fixed and pushed to the WiFi Pineapple bar. Let me know if this is still an issue.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne