3.0.0 firmware

I have reset my pineapple many times and have reinstalled the new 3.0.0 firmware but still am getting a very low percentage of infusions that will install at all (only one installed successfully this go around). Some that appear to install but give an error in hte tile or simply say "not installed" in the tile and cannot be installed from their main window. Most freeze on the percent installed pop up box and never get past it. I am having the SSID persistent issue with karma also. Please help! My once grand and uselful tool is now a source of extreme frustration and regret.

Thanks for your responses. Unfortunately I verified the md5 both times I downloaded the firmware; and I updated the pineapple bar each time I have reset or re-flashed first thing. Still having the same issues.

No need to re-flash. You just need to update your pineapple bar. This can be done directly from the Pineapple bar. Just select update.

Sorry Seb, but the pineapple bar update did not fix the issue in any previous attempts. I went through the whole re-flash and update process again and for some reason this time it is installing things. I am having to try many times for a couple items but they are now installing. Thanks for your replies! The only 3 now that are not installing are sslstrip, get, and mdk3. The tiles for sslstrip and mdk3 are there but they wont install. The newcomer "get" does not install properly at all. It does appear to but no tile results and under installed items it is listed with no size value next to it. That one may be a bug with the new infusion. The other 2 may be a space issue. How much space do each one take and where can I look to verify that I have enough space left?

Ok, tried a different USB drive with more space just in case. I reset the pineapple and ran all the installs fresh. Everything has installed now except mdk3. It wont install internally or to usb. I definitely have enough space and have rebooted. Also, the SSID persistent setting does not work after reboots.

Edited by TeCHemically

Yeah... I think from an infusion, the occupineapple one I guess ;) There is an issue to install mdk3 from the infusion but I found the problem and will fix it to release a new version soon.

EDIT: Infusion occupineapple update has been released correcting the mdk3 install issue.

Edited by Whistle Master

• 1 month later...

hello,

a ) can i change the order of the infusions "tile's" in the "WiFi Pineapple - Management" screen ?

b ) can i hide a "tile" with out remove the infusion ? (the refresh is very slow when i have many infusion -none running-)

thnx

Edited by makfor49

i was install the 3.0.0 before 12 hours ... all working except that after 2-3 hours the device is out of space ...

i transfer the results of "df -h"

this is after reset

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs 768.0K 236.0K 532.0K 31% /
/dev/root 5.3M 5.3M 0 100% /rom
tmpfs 14.3M 404.0K 13.9M 3% /tmp
tmpfs 512.0K 0 512.0K 0% /dev
/dev/mtdblock3 768.0K 236.0K 532.0K 31% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay 768.0K 236.0K 532.0K 31% /
/dev/sda1 4.0G 254.3M 3.5G 7% /usb
after 20mins
rootfs 768.0K 528.0K 240.0K 69% /
tmpfs 14.3M 424.0K 13.9M 3% /tmp
/dev/mtdblock3 768.0K 528.0K 240.0K 69% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay 768.0K 528.0K 240.0K 69% /
after update the BAR
rootfs 768.0K 548.0K 220.0K 71% /
tmpfs 14.3M 428.0K 13.9M 3% /tmp
/dev/mtdblock3 768.0K 548.0K 220.0K 71% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay 768.0K 548.0K 220.0K 71% /
and this is after 1 hour
rootfs 768.0K 712.0K 56.0K 93% /
tmpfs 14.3M 96.0K 14.2M 1% /tmp
/dev/mtdblock3 768.0K 712.0K 56.0K 93% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay 768.0K 712.0K 56.0K 93% /
now need again reset ...
can someone to help me ??
thnx

i downgrade the 3.0.0 ... sorry ... today i had a presentation so i needs a working pineapple ,

yesterday , until the midnight i make reset's , i removing infusions and mem check's ... i notice 3 thing's

- each time (after reset) the first run of sslstrip make reboot the pineapple!!!

- a dramatically memory falling without make something , install or run ... just refresh the screen ...

- after update the bar or i make a "cp" or "mv" something on pineapple (not on usb) or refresh the pineapple management screen ... the system go out of space (50K free)

dont know why ... but was very unstable for me and the infusion that i use (sslstrip , urlsnarf , "karma" , tcpdump ) not all in the same time but karma + one of the other's ...

i try again when i found a free time and i post the result's (sorry)

thnx inTheDMZ

I am having the identical problem as makfor49.

I am using 3.0.0 although had the same problem with 2.8. I am fairly confident it is running out of memory. In my test environment there is only one connection to it and I have plenty of swap space, but my internal memory is very low.

Is there anything that can be done to reduce the load on that memory?

• 7 months later...

We know about the SSID persistence issue and it will be fixed in the next few days, along with many other fixes.

These will be pushed through the pineapple bar and not require a reboot!

Hi Seb,

This still seems to be an issue today on my MK IV running 3.0. Was a fix ever pushed out by Pineapple Bar for this?

If we had some insight on where the issue is, then we could try to fix it.... if its a web interface issue writing to the config files, then it maybe able to fix. If it an issue with the firmware itself, then this we can't fix, without the help of Seb.

• 4 weeks later...