[Release][Stable] 2.8.0 Firmware

Sebkinne

Hey everyone,

Since the last stable version (2.7.0) there have been many changes to the pineapple firmware. In version 2.8.0 you will find all changes from 2.7.0-2.7.7 plus the changes from the changelog below:

Changelog:

-Package Repositories
    -Added a 2.8.0 stable repository. No more issues with mismatched kernel versions. You will however get a "collected errors"    message after the install is complete. Just ignore them if the only issue is a checksum mismatch.
    -Added an opkg workaround.
-Various Fixes
    -Fixed a couple of broken links
    -Bugfixes

Now, the changelog doesn't seem very large and granted, it isn't. But remember that this stable firmware includes all the fixes from the development firmwares. Stable firmwares are meant to be just that - stable. Their aim is not to add much functionality in comparison to the last development upgrade but rather to provide a stable, reliable firmware. We think we have come a long way since the last stable release and believe it will be a good base for the upcoming 3.0.0 release.

Download: Over the air through the web-interface. (alternatively at http://cloud.wifipin...e.com?downloads)
MD5: 6ac34bd228a3cc029d1f374b7248fd19
Note: If coming from a firmware version below 2.6.4, wait for the pineapple to fully boot back up after flashing then navigate to http://172.16.42.1:1471

As usual, please leave any feedback in this thread.

We hope you enjoy this release, it feels like one of the most stable yet!
-The Jasager Team

Getting this error when trying to install tcpdump? other packages work

root@Pineapple:/tmp# opkg --dest usb install tcpdump
Unknown package 'tcpdump'.
Collected errors:
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package tcpdump.

me too :/

Ive upgraded to 2.8.0 but my sd card inside my huawei modem will not mount, it mounts fine on 2.7.7 and all earlier firmwares, it is showing in /dev as sda but 2.8 just seems to ignore the fstab and if I issue mount /dev/sda it mounts as sda1 and swap as sda2

Edited by kevambert

Ive upgraded to 2.8.0 but my sd card inside my huawei modem will not mount, it mounts fine on 2.7.7 and all earlier firmwares, it is showing in /dev as sda but 2.8 just seems to ignore the fstab and if I issue mount /dev/sda it mounts as sda1 and swap as sda2

I camt seem to be able to find a fix for this, every time i reboot I

have to issue mount /dev/sda /usb, I get an error message failed:

invalid argument but it still mounts ok to usb, its a bit of a pain

having to issue the mount command everytime though

mountns.jpg

problem's with flashing over TTL UART OVER SERIAL

Iv'e done every step by step to do a clean flash over TTL UART OVER SERIAL because iv'e bricked it.
Iv'e set the local area connection to iP 192.168.2.11 for the pinapple Iv'e set the same IP on Tftpd server.
Iv'e set up putty right, serial line COM3 speed 115200, even in the serial tab flow control none.
but putty is where i'm having a problem. once i open it i choosed 1, then i open Trtpd64 server
I set my server interface to 192.168.2.11 change my dir to the factory files
i run in putty "setenv bootargs "board=ALFA console=ttyATH0,115200 rootfstype=squashfs,jffs2 noinitrd"
"saveenv"
"tftp 0x80600000 kernel.bin" < this is where i get stuck!
putty say's
ar7240> tftp 0x80600000 kernel.bin
eth0 link down
FAIL
dup 1 speed 1000
Using eth1 device
TFTP from server "192.168.2.100";<(problem it should be 192.168.2.11) our IP address is 192.168.2.1
Filename 'kernel.bin'.
Load address: 0x80600000
Loading: T T T T T T T T T T
Retry count exceeded; starting again
eth0 link down
FAIL
I can't get Putty to use the 192.168.2.11 it try's to connect to 192.168.2.100. on Putty
Iv'e tried everything i can think of
PLZ HELP THNKS ALOT (I miss playing around with my Wifi pineapple I was learning alot)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...