Want to help translate Hak.5?

cooper

I thought it would be a good idea to let everybody know that I've started a page on the wiki for the subtitling of Hak.5 episodes.

I've already made the english version of the subs for 2x02. All that's needed now are people who can read english and write another language to translate these subtitles to a different language.

This is where we stand currently with regards to subtitles.

It's my intention to do 2x01 and then move on to season 1 as time permits.

If you want to create your own subtitles for one of the episodes, here's a page on the wiki that explains just that.

So if you feel like doing a translation or maybe even full subs for an episode, please let me know (preferably via PM) so I can coordinate the work. And thank you for any help you can provide.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi cooper this is a EXCELLENT IDEA!.

if you can provide the syncros in SRT / SUB format i can translate to spanish

(I'm a native spanish speaker)

still 1 hour episode is a huge work, i usually translate tv series like battlestar galactiba but do it in a team of 4 to 6 guys.

it would be best if we can do it at least 2 ppl

what the hosts think about this? wess, darren, alli, would you put the subtitles available with every episode? so people from other languages can watch the show too?.

in short... count me in. :)

There's a download link to the SRT file for ep2 in the wiki here. By all means, have at it!

And yeah, it's a huge undertaking. I need about 4 hours for 10 minutes of video, but I'm getting better. Now it's more a question of finding the time in the first place.

• 3 weeks later...

Sure it still exists. The Pandora thing is eating my time up like you wouldn't believe, but that shouldn't stop you from grabbing the english subs and translating them into german.

If you can't host them anywhere, just PM me and we'll work some way out to get them to me at which point we can point the Wiki at it and bug Darren to transfer the file to one of the Hak.5 servers.

• 3 weeks later...

Just take a look at the srt file. It's plain text, and it's a pretty straight-forward process.

Most videoplayers automatically open the subtitle file when the part before the extension matches that of the movie file.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

READ MY... um... POST:

I don't care if you translate to chinese so 60 billion people can watch it, or the native language of some noname rock in the pacific with a total population of 5 of which nobody is computer literate.

Please do what you can to translate the subs to other languages.

The goal is to allow people who don't understand english to get into the technolust aswell. Anything you're willing to do to allow us to attain that goal will be very welcome.

• 3 months later...

I speak okish German and a very Little Bit of Japanese.

Ich spreche okish Deutsch und ein sehr Kleines Bit von Japanern.

??okish???????????1?????????????

Edit: You dont want to know how hard it was to type that japanese message with Charactor Map.

I speak okish German and a very Little Bit of Japanese.

Ich spreche okish Deutsch und ein sehr Kleines Bit von Japanern.

??okish???????????1?????????????

Edit: You dont want to know how hard it was to type that japanese message with Charactor Map.

I'm fairly certain Japanese is Japanisch, and I don't think that's the correct translation of "a very little bit" either.

I'm fairly certain Japanese is Japanisch, and I don't think that's the correct translation of "a very little bit" either.

I didnt say i was good. Our Sudent Math Teacher taut us it while our math teacher was of on maternity. And i dont pay attention in german.