Want to help translate Hak.5?

cooper

I didnt say i was good. Our Sudent Math Teacher taut us it while our math teacher was of on maternity. And i dont pay attention in german.

Huh? Your maths teacher is teaching you German? Shouldn't she be teaching mathematics? Or is she also a German teacher?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh? Your maths teacher is teaching you German? Shouldn't she be teaching mathematics? Or is she also a German teacher?

Sorry i should have made that clearer.

Our Student Maths Teacher taut us Japanese (i dont know why) while our normal Maths Teacher was away on Maternity Leave. I just dont pay attention in my german class.

You are aware of course that there already is a subtitle file for one of the episodes, yes?

All you would need to do is pick that file up and translate the english to something else.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am a native English speaker but I speak fluent Czech and pretty good Russian, along with some others that have already offered to translate in their language.  As far as Czech goes I can do some fairly literal translations, but my Russian may be a little off.  With the help of others, I am sure I could put in a good hand with maybe Slovak, Polish, Lithuanian, Ukrainian, along with some other Slavic languages from former U. S. S. R with a small amount of native speakers.  Don't know how many viewers are here from Central/Eastern Europe or Russia, but I think it is a great idea.  I will start to get the guys at work to translate to Czech, they might learn a little on the way ; - )

We deal in mostly numbers and international IT acronyms here, I mean, as long as it gets to the point that will suffice right? As I am sure others can say, some of these acronyms probably won't translate literally, like for one I can think of is the OSI 7 Layer model, or trying to describe TCP/IP, En-Cz won't make sense.  I had to translate some technical writing for work before and it didn't make much sense in the end, heh.  Maybe keep acronyms the way they are in English, let the actions shown on the show speak for themselves, and translate just what the commentators say?

But first of all we should have the text in English.  I understand most of what they say but the slang they use sometimes. . .

I could translate into Spanish.  It's not my first time doing so because I'm the translator for the Spanish language pack of phpBB forums.

Greetings,

Huan Manwë

• 7 months later...
hello

i would like to help , i can translate from English to Dutch , i don't now if there would be a lot of people interested in dutch subs but ...

ah another fellow talking Dutch, well I'd say let's go for it!

All the persons who want to help out translating into Dutch, let's divide the episodes ;)

Who's up for some translating ? :)

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am good in both Norwegian and English. I have two or three hours available per week.

• 2 months later...

I'm a new viewer, and I like this idea.

While I've seen only one or two episodes, I felt like helping out. So I started translating the first episode to Norwegian, my native tongue.

There's a couple of words here and there I don't understand, because I'm not very well versed in the hacking and programming world, but with a little help, I'm sure I'll have it finished pretty soon.

(I stopped at line 72 and then I fiddled a little at the bottom. I'll continue someday next week, I guess.)

If there are English transcripts of more recent episodes, I might try my hand at them when I'm done. Might be easier for newbies to jump into Hak5 with the more recent (and probably more relevant) episodes than the very beginning.

Anyway, I'm here, not committing to anything other than the one I'm doing now, but I might be interested in more.

Also, if anyone in the forum makes short films or any web video of their own, feel free to send me a PM or something with a link to stuff. (I might even help subtitle it if I like it)

PS: I'll add a link to the .srt when I'm done.

• 4 weeks later...

How do you sinc the subs to a divx video?

You can use MKV containers.

http://www.divx.com/en/software/divx-plus/codec-pack/mkv

• 5 weeks later...