Folding@Home Group

Famicoman

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The basic premise is that all computers running the software are linked together to form one super computer

Sorry to be pedantic, but the folding@home client simply gets work units from the servers, individual nodes are not linked together.

That said, this is a great project I have been participating in for a while and I would be very interested in a Hak5 team.

I used to participate in the SETI@home project, untill I went into university and realised they blocked the connection. I guess I could tunnel through though, as I'd only need the connection to obtain the work unit, and then send the data back right?

I did laugh when I read in New Scientist about the SETI project thinking they'd gotten the wrong approach, and were looking at the wrong part of the EM spectrum.

The basic premise is that all computers running the software are linked together to form one super computer

Sorry to be pedantic, but the folding@home client simply gets work units from the servers, individual nodes are not linked together.

That said, this is a great project I have been participating in for a while and I would be very interested in a Hak5 team.

Yeah, I know, but its kinda like everyone is linked together, doing different tasks because in some way they are on the network.

Now you know why they need so many people to participate. I'm only 5% done one one of my 733Mhz machines and been running it for 36 hours, yet my 500Mhz machine is 20% done in the smae amount of time. Its just the complication of the protein.

My protine is at 12/500 but i dont let the com run when i sleep, but i had only had the program for about 2-3 houers when i had to close it, right now my is gonna be done the 27 but i dont think it will be done there