Folding@Home Group

Famicoman

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when you first start folding does it always start at a REALLY far away date? cause otherwise im not gunna be done with this one until October of '07

It can because it hasn't properly computed the correct completion time. My box initially spits out a rediciouls date then after a few minutes reduces to about a day and a half away.

So when you first start folding does it always start at a REALLY far away date? cause otherwise im not gunna be done with this one until October of '07

It can because it hasn't properly computed the correct completion time. My box initially spits out a rediciouls date then after a few minutes reduces to about a day and a half away.

Okay, so hopefully in a little bit this will put out a little more closer date.

Hey, think about it this way: It took evolution billions of years to fold it up right, so a year really isnt unreasonable to fold it isnt so unreasonable in the grand scheme of things. Unfortunately, the grand scheme of things doesnt exactly refer to the lives of humans. Damn it all. :P

my question about this is exactally how does it work? dosnt it say that they've been calculated, but you have to complete it under the time + 10% they did it in on a Pent4... so how does this help science? if everythings already been calculated out... im confused... has this cured anything yet :? :x

my question about this is exactally how does it work? dosnt it say that they've been calculated, but you have to complete it under the time + 10% they did it in on a Pent4... so how does this help science? if everythings already been calculated out... im confused... has this cured anything yet :? :x

Honestly, man, I think I know the answer to this. I really want to dig for it, but as of right now, and everytime I see it, I procrastinate. I will deifnately have the answer to you by thursday. Maybe tomarrow morning if I don't do anything in my programming class.

I ment to ask this a while ago, but I didn't becasue I'm slow. Any way, dose clustering actualy work with Folding@home?

It's probably more efficent just to run seperate clients on each computer, but if you did cluster some computers together and ran Folding@home on them, would you get a segnificant performance boost or would the overheads compleatly out balence the processing power that is eventuly used by the cluster for folding?

I ment to ask this a while ago, but I didn't becasue I'm slow. Any way, dose clustering actualy work with Folding@home?

It's probably more efficent just to run seperate clients on each computer, but if you did cluster some computers together and ran Folding@home on them, would you get a segnificant performance boost or would the overheads compleatly out balence the processing power that is eventuly used by the cluster for folding?

I'm not entirly sure but if you were to create a cluster that had double or triple the computing power of an amd 3200+ (what you - I believe I once read had you had a 3200+, and I are running), it should be a significant increase. I'm guessing at least 30-50 percent.