What Projects Do You Have Going On?

krew790

Just wondering what projects if any are you guys working on, or what do you plan or want to start?

Just want to get some ideas trying to find something to do in my spear time; been checking out hackaday lately and making me want to do something with photography.

But what have you guys been working on in your spear time?

Right now, I have been working on a smoothwall machine for my network. Also working on some little programs for my wife. I want to make some cool lighting for a mural on a wall with LED's, but hard to get started since there are like a thousand different types of LED's and I know almost nothing about not getting myself shocked into a coma, so I keep putting that off.

Great question.

I am always looking for a new gadget or thing to work on/program

like the jasager and teensy:)

I just ordered and recieved today an SMD rework station it's a hot air and soldering station in one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220725358974&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

and then purchased something called "TV-B-Gone Kit (Universal v1.2)" for $19.50 from Adafruit Industries

http://www.adafruit.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20&products_id=73&zenid=38acd33180afeee48184c4624cf267ca

should arrive soon. I cant wait to hit the stores with this one:D

Great question.

I am always looking for a new gadget or thing to work on/program

like the jasager and teensy:)

I just ordered and recieved today an SMD rework station it's a hot air and soldering station in one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220725358974&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

and then purchased something called "TV-B-Gone Kit (Universal v1.2)" for $19.50 from Adafruit Industries

http://www.adafruit.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20&products_id=73&zenid=38acd33180afeee48184c4624cf267ca

should arrive soon. I cant wait to hit the stores with this one:D

tv b gone looks cool may wanna build one

I got involved in Open Game Panel.

I'm doing some work there to update their stuff. I'm working on this because it's fun and eventually I might want to use it to open up a business related to gaming. The reason I got into it was because I liked their distributed architecture. It's still a long way from being called mature, but with some time and effort, it will get there.

Other than that I keep a VPS (for about 15 dollars a month) where I have fun with server applications and stuff that I wouldn't want to leave running on my home computer; it's also a learning experience, and maybe I'll monetize this as well. I also keep a domain name pointed to my VPS : http://specialprojectsdivision.org/ ; yeah I know it's long, but it was available. I'll probably put up there some stuff that's interesting and I think it's good to share.

The idea right now for me is to have fun with this stuff and hopefully make this fun my day job. I'm not always very enthusiastic about my current day job (as a programmer). I mean, it has it's ups and downs, but it doesn't provide much freedom; it's cool when I get to code on something fun though.

For the moment I have no projects going on, but I plan on building a solar battery system, for running all my electronic equipments.

Just started a new project to integrate a wireless AP, ADSL router and miniITX board into one box.

week2b.jpg

Will you be kind and show us when you done?

Well I just broke my internet passing cables though the walls and my crimpers are at the office, so thanks to WEP I am online again :D

I am planning on doing a photo how to guide, if people want it.

Also Darren, dude untangle..... really.... ClearOS 5.2 for the win! I have just been asked by my boss to start building some load balancing boxes for some customers, the control that ClearOS gives you is fricking fantastic.

I plan on really contributing to the Hak5 community as I am total enamoured with the show and the hacking community.

I have a guide on how to fit a TFT into a server case as well, that we did on our BosTaurus server for hosting CSS games.

I also made a dual PSU system with one PSU just for a GFX card to save money.

DSC_0710.JPG

DSC_9703.JPG

There's a thread in the Fonera section of the forums at the moment, but then I came across this variation.

http://wiki.daviddarts.com/PirateBoxLaptop_DIY

Fonera and its' various forms aren't readily available in Australia and I thought about using a WRT54G setup instead but I only have the one and well cash aint in plentiful supply.

SO...I reckon Davo 111's HFS powered PirateBox looks pretty good to play with.

But i still like the idea using a device that's small portable and battery powered.

I do have an original fonera with the Jasager hack but sigh no Fon+ love.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

My current personal project (i.e. one that I do in my own time) is creating a javascript text adventure engine. I have a working prototype over on my web site https://www.heckrothindustries.co.uk/text-adventures/demo-text-adventure/.

The main aim I have is to make sure that the actual text adventure is contained in a number of data files (XML files in this case) so the engine can be reused. The demo adventure is the one that I have been making up as I add new features to it so there is no plot and as I add new features it will grow.

As always anyone who plays with it and finds any bugs, please let me know.

My current personal project (i.e. one that I do in my own time) is creating a javascript text adventure engine. I have a working prototype over on my web site https://www.heckroth...text-adventure/.

The main aim I have is to make sure that the actual text adventure is contained in a number of data files (XML files in this case) so the engine can be reused. The demo adventure is the one that I have been making up as I add new features to it so there is no plot and as I add new features it will grow.

As always anyone who plays with it and finds any bugs, please let me know.

Is that going to be MUX/MUD?

Lately I have been learning my way around different methods of anonymity and exploring the darknets. Been hanging around in the Telecomix IRC anonymously through i2p.

I've also been planning out something related to RFID. The plan to have a series of scanner "checkpoints" at places I know my friends frequent. Using innocuous-looking items such as a keychain, I'll be monitoring their movements through RFID. It is just for fun, and afterwords I'll reveal my trick to them.

I recently followed a tutorial on Instructables to make a hidden data storage that uses an empty phone jack that has a a flash drive connected to it. You have to soldier together an rj-11 and USB cable. Then just plug the new cable straight into the wall to access secret files. http://www.instructables.com/id/Hidden-USB-Storage/

That is about it I suppose.

Well guys i'm being a little ambitious, we(8 friends from school) are trying to Build a "solar power plant", well that is a project that we are working on, and personally i'm trying to build a streaming server for the bit of anime that i have, but unfortunately i cant seem to find something that does not let people copy from the server ie, IDM, Youtubedownloader. etc

I've recently got a little interested in astronomy, so have been trying to learn and understand orbital mechanics.

My current project is a little Java app that calculates orbital parameters (radius and velocity vector) from hypothetical radar observations.

I'm sure that there is already something out there that does this, but I'm interested in getting more practical experience with Java, but also getting a better understanding of the maths and the calculations involved.

Building an ltsp server with the latest ltsp on ubuntu. Clients boot fine. Now I have to build the internet side with squid, dansguardian, and etc.

Spent a lot of time interfacing the parallel port. Now I am working on doing the joystick port. Built a joystick port breakout cable. Adc ports are an opportunity. sous vide and etc.

Tore through my file cabinet for ideas and code to reuse.

Writing more web apps for my Chumby to access.

Virus killing for friend's messywindoze boxes.

Goofing off.

etc.

I've recently got a little interested in astronomy, so have been trying to learn and understand orbital mechanics.

My current project is a little Java app that calculates orbital parameters (radius and velocity vector) from hypothetical radar observations.

I'm sure that there is already something out there that does this, but I'm interested in getting more practical experience with Java, but also getting a better understanding of the maths and the calculations involved.

I myself have recently been interested in astronomy. Orbital mechanics looks interesting, might have a go at trying to study it. Thanks.

You setting up your own or doing something like de-ice?

I plan on setting up my own, I am not sure what De-Ice is doing, but I need to set one up to practice for myself. Think I am about half way there.

I'm currently trying to fix my desktop. Its doing this thing where when i try to turn it on, it just beeps loudly until i turn it off. I have already tested the RAM, next comes the PSU. Anyway after i get it running again i am going to get back into Metasploit. And I am also considering putting it in a new case, because my current one is a slimline and is horrible for the components in my computer.

I'm currently trying to fix my desktop. Its doing this thing where when i try to turn it on, it just beeps loudly until i turn it off. I have already tested the RAM, next comes the PSU. Anyway after i get it running again i am going to get back into Metasploit. And I am also considering putting it in a new case, because my current one is a slimline and is horrible for the components in my computer.

Sounds like a lose gfx card to me.