Wiki Leaks ...

Trip

right or wrong ?

its pretty crazy imo

talk about warfare they just deleted the groups facebook & twitter accounts

*blocking / deleting these accounts wont help the sites i can see it causing more trouble

Edited by Trip

The tool they are using is a fork of a tool called Low Orbit Ion Cannon (LOIC) the original version is on SourceForge LOIC but the version that they have edited is on GitHub LOIC. The added a feature that allows LOIC to connect to an IRC channel which from there they can control LOIC. It's kind of like a voluntary botnet.

can anyone actually shed any light on to this for me?

im not sure what wiki leaks is, i guess its leaked info but theres big hype about it right now, call me out of the loop but i havent paid much attention to it, what is it and whats going on now?

Wikileaks is basically a whistleblower website that is serving unauthorized contents/information that is classified as top secret.

Somehow, Julian Assange (the creator of Wikileaks) has managed to get hold of government confidential information and is now making it available to the public.

You can read more about it at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_Assange

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WikiLeaks

Edited by Infiltrator

Wikileaks is currently under heavy attack.

In order to make it impossible to ever fully remove Wikileaks from the Internet, we need your help.

if you have a unix-based server which is hosting a website on the Internet and you want to give wikileaks some of your hosting resources, you can help!

Source:http://wikileaks.ch/mass-mirror.html

I am sorry, but I won't do it....

Before was Stuxnet, now is Wikileaks, so what's next, the internet going down.

WikiLeaks is a great thing imo, I'm for government transparency. I however really dislike that Julian Assange is being treated like a god when he has done nothing but run the site while the man who leaked the info to him (can't remember his name right now) is currently sitting in military prison where he will most likely spend the rest of his life.

these would only be made available to the press if wikileaks wasnt around i think they should be more careful about what they say and record

.... prooves that recording and logging every ones every move / word is not a sensible option ... tbh they've done it with the general public for many years .... now they dont like it when it happens to the government

data reform coming right up lol :)

IMO Julian Assange maybe one was trying to support government transparency, but know has become more of a "media whore" and less a the Paragon of Truth and Morality that some people view him as (basically all those people DDOSing Amazon and Paypal because they didn't want to be involved in WikiLeaks).

Now on a lighter side, I don't see what the big deal is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leeks

these would only be made available to the press if wikileaks wasnt around i think they should be more careful about what they say and record

Journalists should not be trusted at all. They are all there to gather as much as evidence as possible, and then make it public.

Whether its on the record or not, the person who is being interviewed should always be careful about, what they say to the journalist.