Won An Ipad: Sell Or Keep?

Guest Deleted_Account

Guest Deleted_Account

so I just won a 16GB iPad and was wondering if I should sell or keep it. I have used it quite a bit but considering my net book I'm not sure if it's needed. any helpful ideas on what to do?

Yeah, I'd keep it as well. I have only ever used friends iPad's or the one at the Apple store, but I really liked it and it's easy to see what they designed it for. It could easily replace a netbook if all you use the netbook for is browsing/email/reading etc.

I haven't been lucky enough to win one/acquire the adequate funds for one :(

I'm not an apple fan, but even I would keep it. Never know what kind of mod or hack might come out for it.

Keep it, you can install Windows 95 on it :lol:

an then get a BSOD on it! take a pic an send a copy to steve jobs an one to bill gates.

you know bill gates wont even let any one in his house if they own an iphone. that guy is serious.

Edited by okiwan

sell it and buy an hp slate when they come out much better option imo :)

runs win7 too :D + no shitty itunes to transfer everything

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/06/the-hp-slate/

ps.

fair play tho i wouldnt turn one down :D

Man,that device looks pretty sexy! Install linux on it with a little Metasploit and Aircrack-ng! XD

Guest Deleted_Account
Man,that device looks pretty sexy! Install linux on it with a little Metasploit and Aircrack-ng! XD

Hell YES!!! doing this ASAP! thats sexy alright! XD As for the iPad havent decided but I am designing a Game for the forums kind of a Hacking/cryptography easter egg hunt game maybe it will be the prize ;) not sure yet will think about it for sure!

P.S Posting the challenge in a few seconds if interested! Please check it out!

Guest Deleted_Account
1. It's still in beta.

2. Metasploit/Aircrack with multitouch... how exactly? You may as well use a device with a keyboard.

1) Only till October

2) same as iPod touch (but faster cause of the better specs on this thing) on screen keyboard. Not to mention the same way you'd run ubuntu on screen keyboard!!! the multi-touch gesters wouldnt be used but on screen keyboard would. Plus add a nice GUI and no need! like the web front-end or fast track's. or if dislike linux that much use the windows version of metasploit and the windows equivalent of aircrack (if there is a thing? Cygwin?). and I will stick with trying to linux on this thing and doing it that way because IMO it's better (for hacking/pentesting at least) and worth the effort. (this comment is not meant as an attack or anything sorry if it comes across that way)

Guest Deleted_Account
Exactly. You need a designed-for-touch interface to go along with it - simply adding multitouch drivers and gestures isn't anywhere near enough.

Yes to make it easier. You could use terminal with a touch/on screen keyboard as i said but yes a DFT interface would be allot better that is agreed. Kindof like the one on the Nokia N900 with the 1 click auto-pwn :P but with more of course. Maybe even a complete linux distro for it meant for hacking/pentesting with gestures and all.

I would say it all depends on your financial situation. If you are not hurting for cash, then keep the iPad - its good for toilet reading. If your strapped for cash and struggling to pay bills though, then sell it while they are still hot - you can pretty much get full price for a used one on ebay last I checked.

1) Only till October

2) same as iPod touch (but faster cause of the better specs on this thing) on screen keyboard. Not to mention the same way you'd run ubuntu on screen keyboard!!! the multi-touch gesters wouldnt be used but on screen keyboard would. Plus add a nice GUI and no need! like the web front-end or fast track's. or if dislike linux that much use the windows version of metasploit and the windows equivalent of aircrack (if there is a thing? Cygwin?). and I will stick with trying to linux on this thing and doing it that way because IMO it's better (for hacking/pentesting at least) and worth the effort. (this comment is not meant as an attack or anything sorry if it comes across that way)

You've never tried doing command line stuff with an on screen keyboard before have you? It's a pain in the ass.