SandBoxie

ParMan

Anybody know of a Sandboxie alternative? It doesn't play well with the way privileges work in Windows 7, so nothing can be ran sandboxed. I use it for liability-unknown/downloaded content, as well as making changes to settings to see how the program will behave, but now that I've installed Windows 7, I can't use Sandboxie. Yes, I've checked out Returnil, but it requires a whole reboot, whereas I'd rather just right-click, "Run Sandboxed" or something similar.

Anybody know of a Sandboxie alternative? It doesn't play well with the way privileges work in Windows 7, so nothing can be ran sandboxed. I use it for liability-unknown/downloaded content, as well as making changes to settings to see how the program will behave, but now that I've installed Windows 7, I can't use Sandboxie. Yes, I've checked out Returnil, but it requires a whole reboot, whereas I'd rather just right-click, "Run Sandboxed" or something similar.
Even the newest one? (3.39)

http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=6003

Major changes in Sandboxie version 3.39 so far:

* Full support for Windows 7.

* Some security weaknesses and vulnerabilities were identified and resolved.

* Improved support for elevation and software installation in Windows Vista.

* Improved support for installation of software containing WinSxS components, making it possible to install more software into the sandbox.

* Improved support for security suite toolbars: Kaspersky Internet Security, Norton Internet Security, ZoneAlarm Security Suite.

I tested Sandboxie for basic browsing and stuff. Tried going to malware sites deliberately to test the software, but was shocked when I found out that the files downloaded weren't as seperate from the host OS as I thought. All the files were stored in plain file arrangement in "C:\Sandbox", rather then the encrypted virus-vault arrangement I had expected.

This meant as soon as I accessed the malware site in the sandboxed browser, and clicked yes to the "setup.exe" it was trying to download, it appeared in "C:\Sandbox", and was immediately flagged by NOD32 on the host OS (WinXP).

Seems to defeat the point of being completely seperate from the OS, since any code designed to lock up virus scanners, like an archive bomb would still have an effect on the host OS.

Anyone know of any alternatives (other than a VM) to sandboxie?