Goverment to join the fail bus...

Zimmer

It only applies to people getting signals out to the air, ie rabbit ears. Most people I know use satellite and cable so this transition doesn't really to them.

I still dont think one can justify buying a 500 dollar television just so they can continue to watch local news stations.

Most boxes cost about $50-$60 and the rebate coupons are $40..., so it's great for those who need it..., like my mother. Who cannot get sat nor cable.

Instead of a delay, it would have been better to keep the channels open, but have them all broadcasting a message that says, "BRB CUNVRTING 2 DIJITUL, GO GET A TV OR BAUHX PLZ" for a few months. Then people won't be left in the dark when their TV suddenly transforms into white noise. The only thing they see is the message to upgrade.

This is a non-issue, and tbh delaying by a year or so will be nothing to worry about. Right now the economy is fubar so forcing people to go out and buy new TV's etc wouldn't be the best of plans. Once things stabilize a little then it can be pushed.

This is a non-issue, and tbh delaying by a year or so will be nothing to worry about. Right now the economy is fubar so forcing people to go out and buy new TV's etc wouldn't be the best of plans. Once things stabilize a little then it can be pushed.

Which is sad because many think it'll last 3-4 years...

I want my HDTV now...,

If you think about it, in 4-5 years the internet and TV will have probally converged substantially (in that time period I've gone from downloading 320x240 mono stuff to 1080p 5.1 content, and the 1080p takes less time to download). And as people make the transition from watching TV to watching TV shows this will only act to further convergence. Television in its current form is dieing, the networks know this and anyone with bittorrent knows this (hence reality TV shows with live voting, your forcing people to watch channel x at y o'clock and thus, can sell the advertising slots for more, a drama or a cooking show can be time shifted too easily and its much harder to make a buck selling advert slots).

The only real shit bit about this is that the air waves will be clogged up making sure Grandma Flo' can watch the evening news on a TV set that was made by Noah, and all that fancy high-speed networking stuff is on hold.

So if you pissed about HDTV, just pirate stuff.

But why extend it those airwaves could be used for technologies no even thought of. Also 50$ even this $^#^ economy should be affordable (if you can't should you really be watching TV)...

Also those new inventions could bring more jobs to America and this delay is going to cost money (especially bad in this economy). Also those who already didn't by a converter box probably won't in June either (what delay it even more, it will cost bro casters more (YAY what we all need (sarcasm)).

So give a reason why this is could.

This will all be over when the switch happens anyway, anyone who doesn't have a box will have little choice but to get one and in a few years this will all be forgotten. Ok, there'll be a few people moaning and complaining, and many will be confused or unsure what's actually going on, but at the end of the day you either switch or you stop watching TV.

LoL Finally something us Aussie can be proud about for being behind the 8 ball on tech. YAY an extra year of analog =P

The only people that will be confused and refuse to upgrade would be the senior citizen population. I guess its hard to find money for a set top box when those flashing lights on pokie machines are soooo attractive. Like mosquitoes to a bug zapper or something along those lines.