Messing with friends

bradL

I don't know much about computer security so I'll ask you this.

Whenever my friends come home for family or whatever, we always have a Halo night. At least one of them brings their laptop, I want to send them back with some lols. We have a open wifi network and I'm wondering how can I put some videos/pictures on their machine so they can see them in obvious places.

I don't know much about computer security so I'll ask you this.

Whenever my friends come home for family or whatever, we always have a Halo night. At least one of them brings their laptop, I want to send them back with some lols. We have a open wifi network and I'm wondering how can I put some videos/pictures on their machine so they can see them in obvious places.

Plug a memory stick in, then copy and paste.

Trying to throw data over an open wifi network to the desktop of another computer is too much work compared to how easy it is to do the following:

Wait until your friend goes to the bathroom, get some unscrupulous photos, drop them in a hidden folder, then change the screensaver preferences to play a slideshow of that folder after one minute of inactivity; hilarity.

For more fun, find a way to password protect those settings.

EDIT:

Plug a memory stick in, then copy and paste.

Pretty much beat me to it.

lol at the above suggestions.

I was always a fan of getting into command prompt and typing net send * You are a twat

or you could just make a batch file and have it on a loop. XD

I think the above only works on windows os's from XP and prior versions, but don't hold me to it.

Your other option would be to read the wikki on here and make a usb switch blade and rape all the saved passwords he has and see what pron sites he has visited for future embarrassment.

Ah I never knew it could be turned on with vista (then again I am not an avid Vista fan and try to avoid it). Just out of curiosity does net send work with all XP service pack's? I was wondering cuz I have SP3 and it never seemed to work *shrugs shoulders* I originally thought it might be a firewall but even with it disabled I got zip.

Smart move I never thought of doing a batch file for screen saver's, that would save a lot of time. XD

If you knew the password to his PC then you could just go on your machine and navigate to \\computer name or IP\c$ then go to his documents and find his desktop folder and paste all kinds ofnstuff there! If you don't know his computer ip you could do an ip scan with nmap. Hope this helps.

Ask him if you could borrow it for a sec to check on something and than add an account.

Ideally it would be nice to change the password so you know it. Wish there was a program out there could take a hash and put it in the sam rather than calulating a new one from the clear-text password you provide. If i'm wrong though (wouldn't be surprised), than get his hash, copy it to a safe place, and put it back the way it was after.

Run PMDump on his machine copy his browser memory. Then we he leaves, sift through it and collate all of his online accounts/logins. Then... i don't know... world is your oyster. Mess with his online accounts.. profiles, avatars, profile pics etc.

• 3 weeks later...
Ah I never knew it could be turned on with vista (then again I am not an avid Vista fan and try to avoid it). Just out of curiosity does net send work with all XP service pack's? I was wondering cuz I have SP3 and it never seemed to work *shrugs shoulders* I originally thought it might be a firewall but even with it disabled I got zip.

Smart move I never thought of doing a batch file for screen saver's, that would save a lot of time. XD

check this site out on how to enable it http://www.technipages.com/xp-sp2-enable-n...d-commands.html