Untidy Desks...

VaKo

desk11vg.jpg

This is actually fairly decent for me. The big screen is for the machine in the lower-left (see next picture) and the small screen stands on a second machine I've got there, which is the one hooked up the UPS that you can see on the far right of my desk.

desk23jn.jpg

The mess, particularly to the far left and right might seem excessive, but if I clean it up the place just looks so... empty.

The framed poster on the left is an image of The Magdalena by Joseph Michael Linsner. The 4 small framed images on the right are by Luis Royo.

Your desk is facing the wrong way. I could sneek up behind you and brake your neck and you wouldn't realise...

yeah and its even wrong according to the rules of fung-shuei (hope didnt misspell that)

having a dor behind u means ppl'll do things behind your back and will betray you

oh and u shud never leave books open to see especially when behind u cos these represent spike's that'll stab u in the back ....

not that i believe in tht kinda stuff ....

Pff. When I'm coding the world around me disappears. Armaggeddon (spelling?) could break loose around me and I wouldn't notice. And if you kill me while I'm hacking away at some code, well, at least I died happy. 8)

Your desk is facing the wrong way. I could sneek up behind you and brake your neck and you wouldn't realise...

heheh, I feel the same way about sitting w/ my back facing the door.

That desk is pretty tight in there, how did you get that in the room???

Yes, it was assembled inside the room. I've got about 1cm clearance on either side. You can probably get it out once you unscrew the legs from under it.

It's about 2.20x1 meters in size. Could've made them create this custom for me but that would cost almost 500 euros. Instead, I went to a home improvement store and got 2 'worksurfaces' (Dutch word: Werkbladen) of 2.5x0.6m, for something like 90 euros total. Chopped off 10 cm of the width and 30 cm of the length, and then put the two halves together. Added some support beams and hey, presto! Huge, sturdy desk (that 21" monitor weights a TON) for about 150 euros (the legs were a bit pricy). And 1-2 hours of putting in a ton of screws.

Can't think of anything I could've done to make the end result any better. Very pleased with it.

all you lucky bastards have desks i dont i have a bed a night stand (1 LCD moniter) old ac(for tv moniter i use some times) and the CRT is proped betwent the wall and my bed allowing me to laydown and enjoy my lazy ness... i know i have probly gone too far with lazyness but i lack a desk and everytime i get money i think .... a desk or hardware.... and 3 days l8er my new peace of hardware shows up:P i have a mini fridge but i dont put in my room for fear that i will never leave... i will work on getting a pic... think i might clean up 1st (make the foto without any illeagal surffin it)

Yeah, that's why I've just put a link above the image in my signature bit here. Most other forums indeed allow you to link the image itself to somewhere.