Welcome to the Jasager board

Jasager, the beautiful implementation of Karma on the Fon, will be released to the public September 17th -- coinciding with the release of Hak5 episode 403.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Robin Wood, aka Digininja, for his awesome work in developing the tool, Mubix for concept and testing, And Mark Gibbens for the graphic design.

We are ecstatic to be working with everyone on this project and even more excited about its release. This is a project I'm sure you can all sink your teeth into so I'm looking forward to seeing what develops in the near future.

Cheers,

Darren

The url for the site will be available tomorrow (17th) on the show and I'll announce it on the wifisec mailing list as well for anyone on that.

I'm not putting this out as beta because, unlike google, I think once something is released to the masses it is a release but remember it is only version 1 so please report any bugs/comments/feature requests on here and I'll try to help out as much as I can.

This release is for openwrt, it would be possible to run it on a linux laptop with some tweaking but, as I say on the site, I've got plans for a laptop specific version which will be slightly different.

I don't know anything about the Nintendo hack so can't comment but if it runs linux and has a supported atheros wifi card then it should be possible to get it running. If someone wants to send me one I'll happily give it a try.

Actually, same goes for any hardware, if you want this shoehorned onto some other device, send me a device and in return I'll do my best to try to get it installed.

I work at gamestop and have a nintendo wifi adapter on hold for me. $16.60 with my discount. I might possibly be able to send it to u for testing, as long as i could get it back :-p

I'm in the UK so postage would probably cost the same as the device!

I'll have a look into it and see, what OS can you get on it? I assume that it does have an atheros based wifi card in it

All the best with this guys, I will be following this with interest.

I am not familiar with your work before Robin, so good effort on this.

I've been looking after the karma patches since I converted them from madwifi to madwifi-ng. I've also added the extra features such as the black and white listing. I've got a few other little projects out there but that was the big one till now!

The latest 2600 has an article on doing some stuff with your own access point to users who aren't supposed to be on your network. One of the things they did was make it so that every page the user browses to, shows up in your browser and you can just sit back and watch everything they do sort of like as if it were a VNC session, only, it just mirrors whatever site they go to.It doens't monitor their desktop or anything, just the mirrors what they do through a webbrowser. Pretty neat, but something automated like that would be cool to put on the Jasager as an optional tool to monitor users on your AP.

The latest 2600 has an article on doing some stuff with your own access point to users who aren't supposed to be on your network. One of the things they did was make it so that every page the user browses to, shows up in your browser and you can just sit back and watch everything they do sort of like as if it were a VNC session, only, it just mirrors whatever site they go to.It doens't monitor their desktop or anything, just the mirrors what they do through a webbrowser. Pretty neat, but something automated like that would be cool to put on the Jasager as an optional tool to monitor users on your AP.

Sounds like a matter of following the HTTP stream and rendering the pages. I know wireshark can do this to some extent but I've never seen it actually rendered. Sounds interesting.

Sounds like a matter of following the HTTP stream and rendering the pages. I know wireshark can do this to some extent but I've never seen it actually rendered. Sounds interesting.

The guy in the article used like 4 tools under linux and after each tool is set,he just launches FF and it mirrors whatever the user logged on to this router does. Sounded like a cool tool to have and play around with. Automating shouldn't be too hard either since it's all just terminal commands to launch the programs one after another.

I've seen it before. The basic version is driftnet http://ex-parrot.com/~chris/driftnet/ I can't remember any of the other tools off the top of my head at the moment. I'll add it to the todo list

That has given me an excellent idea for another tool integration that I'm going to keep quite about till I work out the practicalities!

ok so ive seen this thing and i run dd-wrt on my router. The thing is some of these devices have a set ammount of system ram to where they can store the information. The write ups on alot of these routers can be found at dd-wrt's web site for basic information on each router and what it can hold as far as space. So we might want to think about some of the applications as "hacker add in moduals" or smaller programs to lay on top of a base internal OS so we gather the information as it sits. We need to start on a mind set of "micro backtrack for wifi routers".. ive seen some routers that go as big on ram as 64 megs of ram. I dont think that they get any bigger but the fon router was an awsome modulated way to go. I would like a more detailed set of information on how it was installed onto the router if possable. I really hope this project rolls out into a spasm of ideas just like the usb hacks that we have done in the past. :P

Does it depend which Fon (model, version) is used? I'm considering a La Fonera + purchase to test this out. Or would it work just as well on a WRT54GL with OpenWrt (I'd be interested to know if anyone tries it after watching the show)?

It should run on any device that will take OpenWrt and has Atheros wireless. I don' t know what wireless the WRT54GL has so check it before you buy it.

ok so ive seen this thing and i run dd-wrt on my router. The thing is some of these devices have a set ammount of system ram to where they can store the information. The write ups on alot of these routers can be found at dd-wrt's web site for basic information on each router and what it can hold as far as space. So we might want to think about some of the applications as "hacker add in moduals" or smaller programs to lay on top of a base internal OS so we gather the information as it sits. We need to start on a mind set of "micro backtrack for wifi routers".. ive seen some routers that go as big on ram as 64 megs of ram. I dont think that they get any bigger but the fon router was an awsome modulated way to go. I would like a more detailed set of information on how it was installed onto the router if possable. I really hope this project rolls out into a spasm of ideas just like the usb hacks that we have done in the past. :P

My plan is to to have some way to create some way to have the fon proxy other heavyweight applications. For example, you could have nessus running on a server behind the scenes somewhere and then ask it to do the scanning and report back the results. Some would need proxying, others would just need to be able to route through the Fon.

I've got ideas on this but nothing in place yet.

this seems a very interesting project, I'd love to see it working on laptops or even other routers, it would be very interesting to see what sorts of things people could do with it

This release is aimed at the AP market, I have plans to do a laptop version which will function slightly differently to improve security. This version can be made to run on a laptop with some tweaking and I can point people in the right direction if enough want to know but for now I'm leaving it as AP based.

Just caught the episode and cant wait to try this! I've got a quick question, I have one of the legend openwrt firmwares on my fon at the moment. Just wounded if this would be compatible and will i still be able to use aircrack etc?

Depends on whether legend has done any of its own patches to the madwifi drivers. Mubix suggested I look at legend but I never got round to it. Best option is to look at the files in the madwifi tarball, backup those files then overwrite them with mine and test everything, if it still works then you have success, if not then let me know and I'll look at trying to get legend working on something so I can see what the differences are.

Looks like I may need some extra Fon's!

Great I'll have a poke around on that fon later.

I've also just flashed another fon with the latest stock openwrt and i've got a few errors so far installing the jasager_1.ipk

chown: /karma_www: No such file or directory
chown: /etc/rc.d/S91karma_ui: No such file or directory
cat: /karma_www/.version: No such file or directory
WARNING: Installation may have failed.
 Detected r is installed, but this is r0.1.

on the web interface

Invalid command : get_karma Invalid command : get_karma_bw

and if i click on the change button to enable karma i get

Invalid command : get_karma Content-type: text/html Invalid command : karma

Edit rebooted and the web interface errors have gone!

Seem to be working great, I disabled my wireless ap and the fon jumped straight in and windows auto connected!

i think next i'm going to look into some dhcp and upsidedownternet

also best place is ebay for fons, I grabbed a free one and got one of ebay for under £10

Great I'll have a poke around on that fon later.

I've also just flashed another fon with the latest stock openwrt and i've got a few errors so far installing the jasager_1.ipk

chown: /karma_www: No such file or directory
chown: /etc/rc.d/S91karma_ui: No such file or directory
cat: /karma_www/.version: No such file or directory
WARNING: Installation may have failed.
 Detected r is installed, but this is r0.1.

on the web interface

Invalid command : get_karma Invalid command : get_karma_bw

and if i click on the change button to enable karma i get

Invalid command : get_karma Content-type: text/html Invalid command : karma

Edit rebooted and the web interface errors have gone!

Seem to be working great, I disabled my wireless ap and the fon jumped straight in and windows auto connected!

i think next i'm going to look into some dhcp and upsidedownternet

also best place is ebay for fons, I grabbed a free one and got one of ebay for under £10

The chown messages are a bug, I changed the host directory but didn't fix the install scripts, I'll fix them now, the second was, I guess, because you installed the madwifi drivers but still had the old ones running, the reboot would have replaced the old ones with the new in memory so enabling karma.