Welcome to the Jasager board

I read that someone also asked about a WRT54G, I have one sitting around not being used. I am also trying to get my hands on a fon since they are so much more inconspicuous when taking on the road. Pulling out a WRT54G with its dual antennae draws some serious attention, well, a pineapple is pretty hilarious too.

I would love to see this ported to the 54G, it runs the same OS right?

One last question, is there are certain fon I should be looking for? Firmware rev. hardware rev.? Your software should be shareware, I would definitely pay for this.

I read that someone also asked about a WRT54G, I have one sitting around not being used. I am also trying to get my hands on a fon since they are so much more inconspicuous when taking on the road. Pulling out a WRT54G with its dual antennae draws some serious attention, well, a pineapple is pretty hilarious too.

I would love to see this ported to the 54G, it runs the same OS right?

I don't know which wifi card the WRT range have in them, I think they have Buffalo but not sure. You need an Atheros based card so that you can use the patched madwifi drivers.

One last question, is there are certain fon I should be looking for? Firmware rev. hardware rev.? Your software should be shareware, I would definitely pay for this.

I'm happy to take any donations!

i do mean it in a bad way. Heaps of skiddies only posting and reading this board. you'll bail on it when you get bored and digininja will be like gonzor.

I've got big plans for the project so will be developing and supporting it in some way for the forseeable future.

I didn't follow the switchblade story so don't know what Gonzor did so don't know if I'll copy him or not.

i do mean it in a bad way. Heaps of skiddies only posting and reading this board. you'll bail on it when you get bored and digininja will be like gonzor.

If a skiddie goes through the process of building a Jasager I'll bet they learn something in the process and thus become less skiddyish.

My attention cannot be focused on every project. I was more involved with the USB hacks when that project was getting off the ground. I'd say the project is quite the success. A community has formed around it and improved it far beyond what it was originally intended to do. I don't post in there anymore since I'm not looking for help / don't have anything new to contribute to the project but I do read some of the board.

Also, you're being a troll so unless you have something productive to contribute please refrain from posting here. I'm not going to have you stirring up trouble where there is none.

I'll just add that even though Darren has supported the project at the start (in a big way) and given me a place to host support it is my (now the communities) project so I don't expect Darren to help out. If he does then it is a bonus, if not, then I'll not be complaining.

If a skiddie goes through the process of building a Jasager I'll bet they learn something in the process and thus become less skiddyish.

My attention cannot be focused on every project. I was more involved with the USB hacks when that project was getting off the ground. I'd say the project is quite the success. A community has formed around it and improved it far beyond what it was originally intended to do. I don't post in there anymore since I'm not looking for help / don't have anything new to contribute to the project but I do read some of the board.

Also, you're being a troll so unless you have something productive to contribute please refrain from posting here. I'm not going to have you stirring up trouble where there is none.

Bahahahahahahaha

why call me a troll :P sound like a cop out :P its just my opinion but i spose its not your so i shouldn't have it

• 2 weeks later...
Agreed. Hopefully this project will give it a bit more visibility. I wanted to do a segment on it last season but getting it working was a 1.5 bitches.

It is the first time but then after that it is a breeze!

(but then I'm biased I think I've debugged virtually every part of it at some point)

Ok guys....i got my fon and flashed it with legend. Had some fun and i am trying to get both legend and jasager on the same fon. i tried to install your madwifi driver however it says that the md5 is wrong and wont install. (FYI i tried to open the gui and it give the same error the the guy had above invalid command: karma_bw ....etc) I then manually extracted the tar ball and that worked some what. The gui comes up now but when i went to make the interface it produced an error.

sh: wlanconfig: not found ifconfig: SIOCSIFADDR: No such device

Any Ideas???? ps i love the forums and the show.

The md5 problem will be due to you running or not running ipkg update at some point. ipkg keeps a db of the md5's of the packages it expects to install, my version doesn't match the md5 due to the alterations so it fails.

For the problem, it sounds like there is a problem with it creating ath0 in Master mode. Try ssh'ing to the fon and doing an iwconfig ath0 and an ifconfig ath0, see what you get. You should get either an interface in Master mode or nothing. Nothing is ok because Jasager creates it on start up, Master mode is ok because that should work, anything else and you need to destroy it with wlanconfig ath0 destroy then try Jasager again.

The md5 problem will be due to you running or not running ipkg update at some point. ipkg keeps a db of the md5's of the packages it expects to install, my version doesn't match the md5 due to the alterations so it fails.

For the problem, it sounds like there is a problem with it creating ath0 in Master mode. Try ssh'ing to the fon and doing an iwconfig ath0 and an ifconfig ath0, see what you get. You should get either an interface in Master mode or nothing. Nothing is ok because Jasager creates it on start up, Master mode is ok because that should work, anything else and you need to destroy it with wlanconfig ath0 destroy then try Jasager again.

Same problem , I get " wlanconfig: ioctl: No such device ifconfig: SIOCSIFADDR: No such device " when I click on

Create and setup interface ...

oot@OpenWrt:~# iwconfig ath0

ath0 No such device

root@OpenWrt:~# ifconfig ath0

ifconfig: ath0: error fetching interface information: Device not found

• 2 weeks later...
You are the second person to get this, do an lsmod and check for ath and wlan being mentioned. It seems like the madwifi drivers aren't being loaded for some reason.

sorry it took so long to get back here is a copy of the output from the lsmod command

root@OpenWrt:~# lsmod

Module Size Used by Tainted: P

ath_ahb 95648 0

wlan_xauth 480 0

wlan_wep 4000 0

wlan_tkip 9824 0

wlan_ccmp 5408 0

wlan_acl 1888 0

ath_rate_minstrel 7840 1

ath_hal 136832 3 ath_ahb,ath_rate_minstrel

wlan_scan_sta 8736 0

wlan_scan_ap 2624 0

wlan 147232 10 ath_ahb,wlan_xauth,wlan_wep,wlan_tkip,wlan_ccmp,wlan_acl,ath_rate_minstrel,wlan_

scan_sta,wlan_scan_ap

ppp_async 9664 0

ppp_generic 23392 1 ppp_async

slhc 4608 1 ppp_generic

crc_ccitt 1024 1 ppp_async

loop 10064 0

cifs 248416 0

nls_iso8859_1 2880 0

nls_cp437 4416 0

nls_base 4416 3 cifs,nls_iso8859_1,nls_cp437

root@OpenWrt:~#

I was trying to do do both jasager and the legend firmware....but i might try just to build openwrt and jasager and install the modules by myself if we can not figure this out.