Hak5 BBS Back Online

Matt Lestock

Hey everyone, just a notice that the Hak5 BBS is back online thanks to Famicoman.

You can find out all about the BBS by telnetting to bbs.hak5.org

IMPORTANT NOTE

We had an issue transferring the bbs to the new server that Hak5 is now paying for and had to restore a backup.

We tried our best to get the current copy up and running, but alas it was no use.

The server is now stable and not going anywhere, so go ahead and create a new account and BBS away! :)

We had an issue transferring the bbs to the new server that Hak5 is now paying for and had to restore a backup.

We tried our best to get the current copy up and running, but alas it was no use.

The server is now stable and not going anywhere, so go ahead and create a new account and BBS away! :)

I lost my character that I've been working on... :( Now I know how Tagi must've felt.

It sucks that we had to restart the LoRD game we had running, I was doing really well!

Regardless, we're all starting on an even playing field now so if you're into RPGs I totally recommend getting into the BBS and checking out Legend of the Red Dragon. From the main menu choose External Programs, then Games.

See you there!

It sucks that we had to restart the LoRD game we had running, I was doing really well!

Regardless, we're all starting on an even playing field now so if you're into RPGs I totally recommend getting into the BBS and checking out Legend of the Red Dragon. From the main menu choose External Programs, then Games.

See you there!

love it lol. kill limit seems low to me but the games pretty fun. doorMUD is good too

edit

quick question

will the "bbs high scores" make it back to the show? and does blackjack keep score?

I love the BBS and all, just been posting messages but its somewhat confusing so some messages are in other spots...that and how do you get to the games?! im stuck at the message area.

external programs. all the games are there

on a side note i figured out how to connect to the hak5 irc over bbs lmao

Yeah I was doing that the other day lol.

i just realized there was an irc client in the bbs lmao. ill be using it from now on.

edit

just added a telnet link to the bbs on my site lmao

I used to IRC telnet all the time back in the day. ALOT of wasted hours spent in BBS's exchanging files and other tidbits of information. I used the local one until the day it got turned off which made me pretty sad. Maybe I should set one up for the locals again if i can't send them hak5's way. Will give it some thought.

I used to IRC telnet all the time back in the day. ALOT of wasted hours spent in BBS's exchanging files and other tidbits of information. I used the local one until the day it got turned off which made me pretty sad. Maybe I should set one up for the locals again if i can't send them hak5's way. Will give it some thought.

i ran one for a while locally until i took everything offline when i got deployed last year

this is what i get when i try and sign up/in to bbs...

10592002.jpg

and

97331675.jpg

any ideas?

try

oliver all press

I would love to keep updating the episodes with the LoRD scores, but seeing as how we shoot two episodes every other Saturday and we're always an episode behind they wouldn't really be current.

This damn anomaly in podcasting space time is really starting to fuck with me. It was fine when we'd shoot a show and it would air on the 5th but now I've gotta think about what episode is on what week and what segments are shot in what order and ahh my head is going to explode i think i'll just login and kill some woodland creatures for a while kthxbye

took the time and typed up some lord and doormud tips lol. i was bored and finished a run in both games